Economy Overhaul?

Izmaragon

Re: Economy Overhaul?

#41 Post by Izmaragon » 15 Oct 2021 04:30

So, I have made a number of comments in regards to this in the past.

-More ways to burn thru massively inflated wallets of money
-- Rentable parking areas that expire on a weekly basis located in areas without a garage enabling ai drivers mostly to wait a
certain amount of hours/days for cargo.

-The hiring method for ai drivers; how difficult is a simple checkbox in the hiring screen? All the checkbox does is simply filter
out the 10 star drivers from the hiring list, that's all it would do.

- I was watching a transport fever 2 play through and considering how various aspects of the ingame economy could be coded to grow over time, depending on the coverage of the player company on the map. In time, this would allow/unlock more varied types of cargo depending on the city being shipped to.

However, one aspect I think we have failed to consider is SCS and their wish to not lose any of the players with older saves/computers etc. The problem is that it is beginning to become a moot point I feel as computer tech has leapt over a river since 2016 and 2012.

What I would like to ask SCS here is Have they done any recent experimentation with game economy /driver hiring changes? Said changes include reworking the hiring screen and the game economic engine; intentional testing to older save files [aka, will this tweak here break the save file]?

That little worry of theirs, they need to get over it and break those older save files sooner rather than later. The way I see it, as long as one keeps resaving the older save file to be up to date with the game, then that save file is thusly okay. That is my thinking of it at least. We need to press for SCS to finally break the older save files and do a rework of the economy in general. Those are my thoughts.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
XanderSJX

#42 Post by XanderSJX » 15 Oct 2021 08:02

Izmaragon wrote: 15 Oct 2021 04:30 However, one aspect I think we have failed to consider is SCS and their wish to not lose any of the players with older saves/computers etc. The problem is that it is beginning to become a moot point I feel as computer tech has leapt over a river since 2016 and 2012.
They don't lose anyone if there is settings in gameplay options called "economy type". You choose between old (default), new (realistic), everyone happy.
clifflandmark

#43 Post by clifflandmark » 15 Oct 2021 10:19

exactly! I'll choose the old type until I'm billionaire. Then choose realistic. :D
flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 15 Oct 2021 11:16

If there was more company management behind the economy, we'd have solid means of spending corporate funds. Hopefully economic levels get developed one day. I'd rather have a more realistic bank account for sure.

I really wonder about this parallel WoTr that the devs are developing. Will it rework the economy?
Izmaragon

#45 Post by Izmaragon » 15 Oct 2021 13:46

What Flight said.

I had to adjust a fine mod years ago so as to reduce company funds, before the income thing was adjustable.

The rentable parking lots would be one way to deal with this.

But if you get all 300+ drivers hired [ets2 easy, ats needs map mod atm for this], the income left unadjusted shovels in 15-30 million a week, and there's no way without mods to "spend" or "lose" a good chunk of that [aka fines].

So far, I've had decent luck with using 5-10 drivers as a good foundation for company income, but it is the game economy's core that needs adjustment.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
rookie31st

#46 Post by rookie31st » 15 Oct 2021 20:57

flight50 wrote: 15 Oct 2021 11:16I really wonder about this parallel WoTr that the devs are developing. Will it rework the economy?
It doesn't look like WoTr is being developed anymore. It barely changed since 2016.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
flight50

#47 Post by flight50 » 15 Oct 2021 21:05

^The past several Streams Pavel keeps saying that the same them that does the events, is the same team doing the WoT work in parallel with the current WoT. Iirc, its the same personnel that worked multi player as well. Don't quote me on that though. Its all programming I'm sure. So its not implement yet. We won't see it until its time. That's why you haven't seen anything since 2016. Its a very slow process apparently but I don't think the project is dead....not with Pavel keep mentioning it. It does sounds like its huge though. Same with all other huge projects, its can take 12+ months to complete. Sometimes multiple years in fact. DX11, DX12, multi player, owned trailers, Lighting, Fmod...these things take time to complete so they are in the background.0
rookie31st

#48 Post by rookie31st » 16 Oct 2021 16:24

I certainly hope WoTr will get an upgrade soon, hopefully with the supply and demand economy that Pavel first mentioned months and months ago. I'd assume it means every company in the game will get sort of inventory counters so each would accept or produce only a certain amount of goods over a period of time dependent on company type. That alone would refresh the gameplay a lot.
rookie31st

#49 Post by rookie31st » 18 May 2022 14:06

rookie31st wrote: 21 Dec 2020 17:15
rookie31st wrote: 12 Jul 2018 17:20 The list of basic stuff needed is really short:

- garage property maintenance and tax bills
- ability to do repairs in own garages (cheaper to justify maintenance and tax bills)
- no insurance coverage for wear and tear repairs, only body and chassis damages (usually result of the collision) should be covered by coinsurance
- regular truck insurance payments for each truck, with assigned driver's rating factored in
2.5 years later, we have seen 0 (zero) changes affecting the in-game economy. The gameplay is in stagnation. New states and trucks are really nice, but the gameplay needs some evolution as well.
It is becoming really hard to keep supporting a game that has no meaningful gameplay enhancements since release despite numerous requests. Another 1.5 years after the last quoted post, makes it a total of 4 years since the original post, and we clearly see that SCS completely and willfully neglects the economic aspect of the gameplay. Arent' we loud enough? Or are we really an extreme minority?
Optional Features

#50 Post by Optional Features » 25 May 2022 16:10

If trucking was this profitable irl, everyone would want to do it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”