Economy Overhaul?

rookie31st

Re: Economy Overhaul?

#31 Post by rookie31st » 17 Dec 2019 19:41

Markov wrote: 17 Dec 2019 15:57And I think SCS should make jobs with trailer ownership more income compare to jobs in Freight Market.
It already works this way. If you take the same cargo type, same size/weight, and same origin and destination, you will earn 10% more when using your own trailer through the cargo market as opposed to the freight market. And those values are moddable.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
rookie31st

#32 Post by rookie31st » 21 Dec 2020 17:15

rookie31st wrote: 12 Jul 2018 17:20 The list of basic stuff needed is really short:

- garage property maintenance and tax bills
- ability to do repairs in own garages (cheaper to justify maintenance and tax bills)
- no insurance coverage for wear and tear repairs, only body and chassis damages (usually result of the collision) should be covered by coinsurance
- regular truck insurance payments for each truck, with assigned driver's rating factored in
2.5 years later, we have seen 0 (zero) changes affecting the in-game economy. The gameplay is in stagnation. New states and trucks are really nice, but the gameplay needs some evolution as well.
leo.arevalo12ss

#33 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 21 Dec 2020 18:47

I feel like a team should work on the economy if the game to make it more realistic because earning and not paying is not realistic for example

Tax bills and garage maintenance bills(taxes should depend on what state your garages are at or the main hq or it will depend on profits)

Free fuel however you must buy fuel from the ingame fuel companies like (chemron or gallon) and fuel prices will depend on the state your garages are at

Insurance will cover accidents and body damage

Repairs in garages
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
rookie31st

#34 Post by rookie31st » 21 Dec 2020 23:15

Won't happen. They clearly don't see the economy as a priority - not a single change to the economy in almost 3 years! This is insane. They probably won't bother until they clearly start losing sales to Alaskan Truck Simulator and some other titles.
rookie31st

#35 Post by rookie31st » 10 Oct 2021 19:04

Yeah, we are getting closer to another year passing without any changes to the economy in the game. I still use my own real bank and economy mod, but the game still doesn't let us adjust expenses - garages are still tax-free and don't generate utility bills, insurance is still free for life, etc. Are those things so hard to code?
Madkine
Global moderator

#36 Post by Madkine » 10 Oct 2021 20:41

Not really, but as has been said, this area is clearly not a priority for SCS.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#37 Post by flight50 » 11 Oct 2021 15:58

@rookie31st nice bringing this back from the dead. I talk about the economy a ton. There are many aspects of it though. For me, its ICC's. (Industries, Companies, Cargo). Still no changes in sight for ATS. The economy is ATS. If there is no economy, there is no game imho. Hopefully one day, this overhaul does come. If the new WoTr is that overhaul, cool. I just wish we could get some details on it if that's the case.

For me, as a person who plays ATS because of the economy, that is 50% of my immersion. The economy just isn't deep enough in ATS. I'm not sure what it will take for the devs to start putting attention here but lets hope they start pretty soon before more and more people start making negative post of ATS's repetitive nature. Graphically and Sound-wise, the game is heading in the right direction but the economy hasn't advanced much at all. Its not growing with the game imo and that is the sad part for me. Each new dlc, I look forward to the economy at its usually underwhelming. Every since Oregon and Washington, it seems like the focus shifted towards graphics.
rookie31st

#38 Post by rookie31st » 11 Oct 2021 18:07

@flight50 The most disappointing is that we ask for reasonable and relatively minor additions to the game. Garages taxes, utilities, and vehicle insurance could be added by a programmer within few weeks.

The supply and demand economy is another story. They talked about it first a few years ago, but nothing happened since then. Feels like they dropped the ball.

If they don't wish to spend their resources on this, maybe they should release WoT SDK so enthusiasts could build their own ATSEconomy?
flight50

#39 Post by flight50 » 11 Oct 2021 18:16

Yeah. There is a game management side of the economy and then there is the economy itself. Both parts would elevate the game a lot.
LATrucker

#40 Post by LATrucker » 11 Oct 2021 18:41

Yes, I agree here, too.
That would maybe be the first time I'd really like to see expenses... :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”