International Trucks Discussion Thread

xeviax

Re: International Trucks Discussion Thread

#2251 Post by xeviax » 18 Apr 2022 09:37

Thanks for the info. I might have missed it.
Polarlicht

#2252 Post by Polarlicht » 18 Apr 2022 11:26

I highly doubt all parts ingame are OEM, so not having them as aftermarket makes no sense to me. Of course they still need permission, but still.
JaDaKa

#2253 Post by JaDaKa » 18 Apr 2022 11:33

I am sure they would like to give us more content.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2254 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2022 11:36

as long as it is an option that International offers it is OEM regardless of what name is on the piece, same as the FlowBelow kit on the Cascadia, Freightliner is the OEM even though FlowBelow makes them for Freightliner
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#2255 Post by Polarlicht » 18 Apr 2022 12:09

Yeah Int. probably didn't make them in the first place. Alyways came from a supplier.
Int. said they don't wanna offer them OEM anymore, so the supplier sold them on his own...
Still, OEM or aftermarket should't matter for ingame to have it nor not..
JaDaKa

#2256 Post by JaDaKa » 18 Apr 2022 12:38

I think we concluded a few pages back that it has to do with the company and the agreement they have with SCS.

There is nothing more that can be done, hopefully something could change in the future with a tuning DLC.
flight50

#2257 Post by flight50 » 18 Apr 2022 13:29

Agreed. There is a solid chance that if a manufacturer agrees to tuning parts, that a lot of the missing things people talk about, could find its way to the game via paid tuning packs. ATS is still waiting for its first tuning pack. We are well beyond getting all 7 brands in the game now. I think more from Daimler is coming this year for sure. There shouldn't be many single models branded trucks in the game in the next year or so. International is the first to give us 3 models. Kudos to that partnership. Currently Volvo, Mack, Freightliner and WS have single truck models. Truck World Canada is this weekend and SCS will be there, so we'll see how things turn out as the year plays out for the ATS truck roster.
supersobes
Global moderator

#2258 Post by supersobes » 18 Apr 2022 13:49

I think tuning packs will be a must for ATS in the future. Not only are common aftermarket parts missing from the game, but on a lot of trucks, there are factory options missing too. Perfect example of this is the steel vocational bumper for the International LT. It's a factory option from International, but it's not available on the truck in ATS. Things like that really should be added to ATS at some point, and a tuning pack would be a perfect opportunity to go back and add all the missing options.
sametbey

#2259 Post by sametbey » 19 Apr 2022 06:38

Advanced truck configuration for ATS and ETS2 would be great. (I think it's definitely needed)

More extendable and paintable chassis, more axle options, steerable axles, custom rear bumper, larger rear fender (as on 9900i).

Absolutely original stuff is also missing; for example more display options instead of small sleeper and more analogue display option for 389 and upper bed and extended refrigerator for Cascadia...
Wolfi
Beta tester

#2260 Post by Wolfi » 19 Apr 2022 07:57

I agree, tuning packs would be neat to have, if anything, at least for the more "factory" parts. I'm just not sure how open truck manufacturers in the US will be about them.
Even with European ones it takes a lot of time to put a pack up and I believe most of it is licensing stuff, because let's be honest, throwing together a few bullbars and sunvisors doesn't take a whole year.
I also think that some tuning packs may be better off just waiting for a bit to be released. For example if we would be to get an International tuning pack, it would be better for SCS to release the HX first, so that they could make tuning parts compatible with the cab triplets (LT, HX and Lonestar) in 1 go.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.

Return to “General discussion about the game”