Alaskan Truck Simulator

RenegadeEU

Re: Alaskan Truck Simulator

#101 Post by RenegadeEU » 06 Jul 2022 04:45

Not bad?? :shock: :shock: -Sorry, this . . .really we say "GAME"? Its terrible.
End.
Vinnie Terranova

#102 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 06 Jul 2022 05:19

It indeed is not bad. Well, at least not as bad as Eastern Europe Truck Simulator.
Underscore_101_

#103 Post by Underscore_101_ » 06 Jul 2022 16:02

EETS is only 39 cents though :-)

What they used to pay in Turkey for ETS2
rookie31st

#104 Post by rookie31st » 10 Jul 2022 22:08

Alaskan Truck Simulator is hardly capable of attracting most of regular American Truck Simulator players. It is however attracting people who want to drive trucks on their PC and especially consoles. Thus, it is logical to assume that most people who are going to buy the Alaskan Truck Simulator on PC are people who either didn't and will not buy or bought and didn't enjoy the American Truck Simulator. Basically, missed/lost customers for SCS Software.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#105 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jul 2022 22:20

Alaskan Truck Simulator with mods would be interesting: with the current horrible trucks, it's jut not really worth it. But I do like many of the features, especially the interactive dashboard and being able to get out of the cab. Those would be much better suited for a game with like 10 licensed trucks and a soon-to-be 12 state map.
JoeAlex23

#106 Post by JoeAlex23 » 09 Jul 2023 06:57

Bringing this topic back to life for some reason...

I just noticed something quite funny about this game, they changed the name to Alaskan Road Truckers for some reason :lol:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 5021100391

Do you think they got in trouble with "someone" for trying to sneak in the "ATS" name? 🤔

Also, they are still poking fun at SCS with that saying of "you aren’t just a truck, you play as a trucker with a focus on life both inside and outside of your vehicle."
TwinShadow

#107 Post by TwinShadow » 09 Jul 2023 17:58

I do remember Timmy making a post a long time ago requesting a change to their logo or something. It's really buried though on their Steam forum, but it was there. Whether or not an actual legal request went through is another matter entirely since a lot of those aren't publicized.
TheTiger

#108 Post by TheTiger » 09 Jul 2023 18:15

JoeAlex23 wrote: 09 Jul 2023 06:57 Also, they are still poking fun at SCS with that saying of "you aren’t just a truck, you play as a trucker with a focus on life both inside and outside of your vehicle."
No one is poking nothing... here is the full explanation:

"In Alaskan Road Truckers you aren’t just a truck, you play as a trucker with a focus on life both inside and outside of your vehicle. After all, you’ll be getting in and out of your truck, hitching uploads, fueling up your truck, and maintaining the health of your driver in the Alaskan outdoors."

And if you saw their trailer, they are right. It's not all about the truck in their game.

Also, "ATS" is not a reserved keyword :roll:, and the results are dependent on a SEO.
Vinnie Terranova

#109 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Jul 2023 18:19

Well, it's quite interesting to watch this gameplay video of Alaskan Road Truckers. It makes me reconsider some of the wishes I have or had for ATS / ETS2. Something like walk-mode looks interesting on paper, but do I really want a walk-mode as can be seen in this gameplay video? Do I really want to manually fuel my truck if the economics of ATS / ETS2 are very unrealistic? Do I really want to connect air hoses and electrical plugs? Do I really want to manage hunger and thirst? Of course I do want seasons, even if this cannot be seen in this video. But a lot of other stuff on my old wishlist... yeah, do I really want that?

P.S. the shadows under the vehicles are really bad: you can clearly see that two shadows are used: a light grey shadow for the whole vehicle and a dark grey shadow of some parts of the vehicle. And those shadows are layered onto each other. This makes it very, very unrealistic. ATS / ETS2 do a much better job at depicting shadows.
xXCARL1992Xx

#110 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Jul 2023 18:24

Shadows in ETS/ATS arent good either, especially now with the possibility of punting different tanks, the shadows are static and dont change at all, doesnt matter if you have big tanks, small tanks, or even sideskirts on.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”