Alaskan Truck Simulator

Digital X

Re: Alaskan Truck Simulator

#31 Post by Digital X » 28 Aug 2021 19:00

Looks alright, although the frame rate could use some work, that's referring to the Alaskan Truck Sim. Was ages ago I saw it mentioned.
jdwarfer

#32 Post by jdwarfer » 02 Sep 2021 21:11

I've mixed feeling about this one, from what I saw so far.
I'm really interested by interactivity features, the weather and seasons, but at the same time it doesn't look really good.
GT182

#34 Post by GT182 » 18 Jan 2022 18:22

Alaska would be great, but the left coast of British Columbia is needed to get there. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Digital X

#35 Post by Digital X » 18 Jan 2022 21:46

Nice to see some gameplay finally. I remember their first teaser of this I was so hooked.
GT182

#36 Post by GT182 » 10 Feb 2022 16:00

"Pay For Parking" in ATS...... only at certain truck stops. When I was running out to California the only "Pay For Parking" I saw was in Ontario, CA on I-10 at the Petro TS. If you bought fuel parking was free, and that included weekends. The TSA across the street could have been the same but I never stayed there.

As for other truck stops... all across the US I never saw or stayed at a Truck Stop where you had to pay. Having to pay for parking was a sure way to lose business. So I say it's not for ATS or ETS2. There is no TS in ATS at Ontario, CA. But there should be.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Vinnie Terranova

#37 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 13 Mar 2022 14:38

I just saw a new gameplay video of Alaskan Truck Simulator, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. Some of the things I like are: filling oil, fogged windows, the ability to sleep in your truck for an x amount of time your can set, seasons, and the overall emphasis on the trucker instead of only the truck: eating, drinking, sleeping, getting out of the truck, filling oil and gas.
bumbumek

#38 Post by bumbumek » 13 Mar 2022 19:36

I'm impressed as well. There's many amazing, cool features we will probably never see in SCS games, at least I'm tired of waiting, so I'm really thinking about switching for good, when this game will be released.

I'm an old SCS gamer. I play their games since "18 Wheels of Steel: Across America". Then I have played "Pedal to the Metal", "Haulin", first ETS, now ETS2 since the initial release. But it's time to move forward. I would gladly return to the American areas with many fresh and excellent features - it looks like this Alaskan Truck Simulator can be a cool thing for me.

SCS games do not impress me at all anymore, mostly new maps, maps and once again maps without significant progress into next level. Basically, SCS gives us still and still the same food, but better sesoned...So who knows - perhaps this is my slow "goodbye"?

I would like, that SCS will feel the breath of competition.
Optional Features

#39 Post by Optional Features » 15 Mar 2022 00:59

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 13 Mar 2022 14:38 I just saw a new gameplay video of Alaskan Truck Simulator, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. Some of the things I like are: filling oil, fogged windows, the ability to sleep in your truck for an x amount of time your can set, seasons, and the overall emphasis on the trucker instead of only the truck: eating, drinking, sleeping, getting out of the truck, filling oil and gas.
It's pretty impressive to say the least: I wished it supported mods and had AI traffic. But I will likely buy it anyways just to feel a bit more like a trucker, and not a prisoner chained to the wheel.
guilhem1

#40 Post by guilhem1 » 18 Mar 2022 18:21

the game has very good ideas such as being able to live a road life outside of simple driving (spending money on food, being able to eat, taking care of the mechanics, seeing your character sleeping inside the cabin, doing gasoline...) very nice weather, but as usual in new games of this type the driving physics are horrible

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”