Side Curtains
19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 74

arthurcfbr

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#441 Post by arthurcfbr » 11 May 2022 20:57

With the release of the 1.44 we received the drop deck trailer I reset the poll, so one more trailer left the wishlist and it is getting smaller.
Edit: I also would like to see the older trailers be ownable first because they are less detailed than the new ones and they deserve some love.
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
Trucker_71

#442 Post by Trucker_71 » 11 May 2022 21:18

What "older" trailers are you referring to?
Tails

#443 Post by Tails » 11 May 2022 21:20

I voted for some car transporter trailers.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
supersobes
Global moderator

#444 Post by supersobes » 11 May 2022 21:28

I picked tankers. With the oil industry presumably coming with Texas, those trailers will become very useful.

Also, even though it says choose two options, the poll only lets you select one. :?
arthurcfbr

#445 Post by arthurcfbr » 11 May 2022 23:21

Trucker_71 wrote: 11 May 2022 21:18 What "older" trailers are you referring to?
I mean the trailers that came on the firts versions of the game. Like the tankers and the car haulers
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
flight50

#446 Post by flight50 » 12 May 2022 00:30

Yessss, this list is getting smaller and smaller. Only if the truck thread could go like this :D . Its a very very interesting pic for me now.

Cement - I can careless about. I do think the industry needs to be deeper. We need limestone quarries and sand quarries. If the cement plants we have now introduce a lot more cargo options, we can consider that processing. We can then get bulk and bagged goods. Cement delivers make no sense in the game currently.
Car Haulers - Well with Texas coming, the microsite says car factories. Its hard to not see us get an improved car hauler. It may not be the dedicated version but a better 5th wheel variant that attaches above the axles would be nice. We need a lot more AI vehicles for this to be immersive. We'll need them in AI traffic too.
Tankers - I'm almost sold that tankers comes with Texas. That would be a hugggge miss without a doubt. That's like missing a capital city in a dlc. I won't even vote on this one because of all the trailers in the poll, I have little fear that this one won't come. Its automatic imho. Its just a matter of time.
Side Curtains - NA has this just like Europe. They use to be in before 1.32 but once trailers started getting reworked, they where removed and never replaced. I'm seeing a lot more of these in Dallas in the area that I work. They are one of the more common trailers not represented at all in the game. Tankers are there at least.
Moving/Storage - another good one. These are interesting in their nature. They can move furniture, vehicles, med stations and other uses. I bet a lot more use can come from these than one may think. These are the trailers that could get surface street deliveries in cities imo.

Of all the options, I'm going with curtain siders actually. They are unique in appearance and I really like the look. When it comes to cargo hauling, I like lowboys, dry vans and flatbeds. Curtain siders is like a hybrid sliding tarp and flatbed rolled into one. ETS2 has them and I run them when I play owned trailers there. I'd love to see ATS populated with these after tankers comes. I think Annie and Petr could provide some cool logos on these.

Curtain siders run neck and neck with car haulers though for me. If the automotive industry turns out to be as deep as what I posted here, viewtopic.php?p=1354019#p1354019, car haulers for me all the way. The automotive industry can be as deep as SCS allows it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a real auto industry. That can open up a lot of great looking content and depots.

Now if SCS really wants to knock it out the park, I'd bring multiple trailers for Texas. The industries on the microsite say its time. If the vehicle team has capacity now, I'd run with trailer blog part 3 and part 4. We got part 1 March 29, 2019. We then got part 2 April 8, 2019. That was more than 3 years ago. ATS got several new trailer types in on that update. If ATS brought part 3 that would be sweet. If SCS puts together several more trailers from this blog that would be fire. Car haulers, tankers, curtain siders and moving for me. But any combination of 2 or 3 in this poll would make me smile. Tankers and cement might be easy to group. Curtain siders shouldn't be hard. There are components in ETS2 and then flatbeds and sliding tarps of ATS can make curtain siders easy. Moving van is almost like a chipper trailer in away. Components from it makes it easy. By far, car hauler is the most time consuming remake. But introducing Texas car factories with the current car hauler would look hideous and outdated.

So Texas imho should focus on tankers and car hauler as the minimum trailers to come next.
TruckinDiesel

#447 Post by TruckinDiesel » 12 May 2022 20:06

I want to see proper licensed dryvans and reefers from the likes of Utility, Wabash, Stoughton, Great Dane, Hyundai Translead etc. ATS is far behind ETS2 in that aspect, despite growing support for the sim by all the North American truck manufacturers. As for other trailers yet to see ownership, tankers are much needed.
GT182

#448 Post by GT182 » 13 May 2022 15:48

Voted Car Hauler. Obvious reason.... I was one.

As for car haulers you'd need a trailer that holds 7 cars and a headramp for one like I drove from 1978 to 1991 and 10 cars stinger style (Camaros and Firebirds) in 1991 to 1993 for Anchor Mtr Frt.
Our 7car (dark blue with yellow) and 8 car (light blue) loads can be seen here.... https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... aw%26r%3D0
My 10 car load....viewtopic.php?t=243784

Loads should be mixed with various car models, pickup trucks and vans. But seeing you can't unload any vehicles it doesn't make any sense even as a mod. Unless you can using this link..... https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... 7534264728 It shows workable setups for ATS and hauling 7 unit mixed loads. ;)

They only other way to haul cars in ATS would be the type where they are enclosed inside the trailer, and you can't see them. ;)
Here's a link to https://www.horselesscarriage.com/. The opening page shows what I mean. Porsche also hauled their cars from the ports in the USA to dealers in fully enclosed truck/trailers. Choose any name you want for the company other than Horseless Carriage. They might object.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Gootho717

#449 Post by Gootho717 » 14 May 2022 12:57

I voted for car haulers (love cars), although I may try out tankers for a little bit.

With 1.44 out, any ideas of when the Lode King DLC would be coming out?
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
flight50

#450 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2022 14:56

No one here can answer that question. But if you keep and eye on Steam db, you can see activity. No doubts its being test and I'm 99.9% that it will be a 1.44 release. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this upcoming week we get a blog on it. I wish SCS promoted ATS dlc's outside of trailers a lot better like they do for ETS2. We know way ahead of time what's coming for ETS2. But for ATS, its bammm, here's the dlc.

Return to “General discussion about the game”