Side Curtains
19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 75

flight50

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#431 Post by flight50 » 30 Jan 2022 21:59

No doubt. One thing about players is that we love options. The more the better. There is always someone that rather run a different setup that the person before him/her. If it exist in real life, why not in ATS. It took forever to even get 4x2 and 8x4 in ATS but that too happened. I think with a lot of trailers, SCS somewhat goes for minimum to get it in the game at least and then expand later once the vehicle team has bandwidth. Right now they are book solid with task I bet. But every trailer we get, it make list shorter and short on what ATS still needs. If we could get at least 1 off the poll a year, that is a success.
howey

#432 Post by howey » 31 Jan 2022 00:07

Yeah I'm with flight on thinking that tankers will be introduced for Texas and but I voted for them just in case. Like Flight step/dropdecks are my other choice as for the same reasons as flight said versatility on having a range of both flatbed and lowboys loads to a certain degree.

Step/drop decks would be the only reason that I would go back to pulling a single trailer as they don't make LCV versions for them. Also wouldn't mind curtainsiders.
flight50

#433 Post by flight50 » 31 Jan 2022 00:14

If step decks comes, I hope SCS adds a solid 4-6 cargoes, I know I'd own one and spend some time with a dedicated step deck setup. I'd really like a curtain sider as well. Its my 3 option but we can only have 2. Not a lot of options left now and that is a very good thing. SCS is doing a good job a remaking or introducing new trailers. I like the looks of the curtain sider and would rather run that than a van or reefer. Curtain sider is a tad more unique than the standard ole van and reefer. More cargo is for vans/reefers though but hopefully the other trailers get some additional cargo in due time.
Holzauge

#434 Post by Holzauge » 31 Jan 2022 05:42

As long as there are enough places to get a load I don't really mind. I am afraid that with the tankers there will be a lot of (too much) driving empty to get a load like with the log trailers...
VDMA
Texshi

#435 Post by Texshi » 31 Jan 2022 07:37

I think for trailers I'd like to see garbage truck trailers maybe Cement mixer or better yet pneumatic trailers... Or wait are those in game already? maybe I am confusing something else

Oh and "Squeeze Drybox trailers"

Which is hard to explain? Basically we haul for E.R.Carpenter and they make foam rubber in giant cubes.. and they fit it in the trailer and then a machine/mechanism in the trailer you set these wall door like things up and the machine presses the foam into the wall then they rinse repeat until the trailer is full with squished foam.. it's like a floor moving setup.. very odd but very neat to see and watch unload

You can usually tell if it's a Squeeze trailer by a little box holding the engine and machine bits near the tandems
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Holzauge

#436 Post by Holzauge » 31 Jan 2022 11:12

Cement and side curtains for me btw... :D
VDMA
Gootho717

#437 Post by Gootho717 » 31 Jan 2022 11:19

I voted for car transport and step deck / drop deck to add to my collection of container chassis, reefer, dry van, low boy, and flat bad (w/ conestoga).
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
flight50

#438 Post by flight50 » 31 Jan 2022 14:29

Texshi wrote: 31 Jan 2022 07:37 I think for trailers I'd like to see garbage truck trailers maybe Cement mixer or better yet pneumatic trailers... Or wait are those in game already? maybe I am confusing something else

Squeeze box? Never heard of it. Sounds interesting though but that's a specialized trailer though. The poll is pretty much about owned common trailers. SCS will make specialized based on industry I am sure. But I doubt its owned. I don't see any specialized trailer being owned honestly.
Texshi

#439 Post by Texshi » 02 Feb 2022 10:58

flight50 wrote: 31 Jan 2022 14:29
Texshi wrote: 31 Jan 2022 07:37 I think for trailers I'd like to see garbage truck trailers maybe Cement mixer or better yet pneumatic trailers... Or wait are those in game already? maybe I am confusing something else

Squeeze box? Never heard of it. Sounds interesting though but that's a specialized trailer though. The poll is pretty much about owned common trailers. SCS will make specialized based on industry I am sure. But I doubt its owned. I don't see any specialized trailer being owned honestly.
I tried looking for examples on the net but to no avail they are a pretty much a standard dry box with minor differences in outside looks, but inside is a whole different ball game. That's why I mention E.R.Carpenter because It's the only company I know that uses them, I suppose they could be privately built specialized trailers for the foam producers. Wish I could be more of help with the details it's been about a decade since I was last inside that type of trailer though

There is usually 6 or so sets of doors that press foam in a smaller form, exactly like Baffles in a Tanker actually and the machinery that helps move the floor pulleys helps pull the doors back to so there is no pressure on them once you pull them off to unload the next cube of foam
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#440 Post by flight50 » 02 Feb 2022 16:09

Yeahhh that sounds verrry specialized. I don't think ATS would see that trailer. If only one company uses it, it's not enough to carry an industry for it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”