Wipers alarm! :-)

Reinhard

Wipers alarm! :-)

#1 Post by Reinhard » 29 Nov 2018 18:14

I'd like to suggest a wider angle of rotation for the Actros MP3 wiper on the co-driver's side.

This is a still from the video I embedded below. The right wiper has a strong leaning to left, on widest position. Which means the wiped field to the right overlaps with the left one. Like it always should, on any car or truck. I have never seen it to be different.

[ external image ]

The game model barely goes beyond vertical. The wiped areas will meet only at the bottom. Which leaves a big area unwiped, in between. This area is small at the bottom and broadening, with height, to the left.

Which looks so wrong. Look here for the maximal turn of the animated model:
[ external image ]

Sorry for the bad video quality, I couldn't find something better. But the video clearly shows what I'm after. At 2:25 there is also a view from the outside.
This nags me a bit. Since 2009, as it was the same with the MP2 in ETS 1. Now, with the new rain effect (beautiful, congrats), it nags me even more.

:D
OlavEmil

Re: Wipers alarm! :-)

#2 Post by OlavEmil » 30 Nov 2018 15:51

Yes. This is and has always been a general problem for every truck in the ETS series. SCS has actually just started the job of fixing it, I believe Scania Next Gen and DAF XF should already be fixed.

What SCS needs is an inside video showing the whole windscreen, with wipers running, for each truck model in game. Perhaps we can use this thread to garther such videos, and I can forward them to the correct recipient :) .
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 30 Nov 2018 16:16

I'm relieved to hear that. I drive always the same truck. Last different truck was 5 years ago, so I don't remember.

If they could just widen the radius of that wiper to let its upper end reach into the wiped field of the other wiper, plus the same for the wiping raindrops effect, I'd be happy.

I did the wiper animation myself in a mod. The wiping effect did not match, then, of course. With the old, rather slight wiping effect my mod was imperfect, but tolerable. Now it goes to the trash.

Or does anyone know how I could fix the effect angle myself? I guess this isn't even possible, by modding? I searched and found nothing.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 13 Aug 2022 08:58

Bump. Hope after almost four years, this doesn't make me look somewhat impatient. :P

TL;DR: Please fix the Actros MP3 wipers (to achieve overlapping wiped areas, there is an ugly gap in between).

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”