[REL] Daniels ETS2 Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
danbywinby

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#581 Post by danbywinby » 11 Apr 2022 21:16

JMR2R wrote: 11 Apr 2022 02:35 I finally decided to reply to this message. First of all, I would like to say that the following content was replied through translation software. I'm sorry if there are any questions.
Regarding the situation that many people have encountered above: in a traffic accident, the accident vehicle cannot be displayed normally, only trailers, fire trucks, police cars and personnel are displayed. I've done extensive research on this issue before. I have more than 290 mods, I may be sure that the problem is not caused by CIP's traffic MOD, JAZZYCAT or TrafficManiac's MOD, and certainly not caused by Daniels Random Events Mod. After I excluded all MODs, I only left three groups of MODs, they are PROMODS, ROEX, RUSMAP. When only PROMODS is left, the vehicle damaged by the accident can be displayed normally, but it cannot be displayed normally if ROEX and RUSMAP are loaded. I have reported to Arayas before that he insists that his mod is not a problem, and I have also seen a question about this problem in the PROMODS forum. The folks at PROMODS also replied that their mods are fine.
Arayas said it might be an AI traffic module problem, I ruled out the CIP, said the vehicle MOD problem, I ruled out JAZZYCAT and TrafficManiac, until these three map mods are left in the MOD manager list, after the upgrade to 1.43, the three major maps participated in the author There is no coordination, resulting in mismatches in later integration. Other than that I know what else is possible.
Thank you very much for doing this research. I am very happy to hear that my mod is not the cause of the issue. It sounds like it is a conflict between Promods and Roex and Rusmap.
JMR2R wrote: 11 Apr 2022 02:44 I almost forgot to feed back what I always wanted to say. In this random event mod, there are several kinds of manhole covers, but they are not only in the city, they still appear in the suburbs, on bridges and on wild mountain roads , which is counterintuitive. Can such manhole covers be restricted or simply removed and replaced with other road cracks.
As @Ciobby pointed out this is something that has been mentioned before and the issue is that currently because of a long running bug i am unable to restrict certain events to city areas. I am hoping that eventually this bug will be fixed by SCS however in the mean time i decided to leave these manhole cover events able to spawn anywhere for variety and adding more bumps into the roads. As this has been mentioned many times i am considering temporarily removing these in the next version. I am hoping to get more variety of bumps added in the next version however we will have to wait and see.
yaumeister

#582 Post by yaumeister » 12 Apr 2022 11:56

I don't suppose SCS has just renamed the tag to "urban" by any chance? The tag they used for the Crown Vic taxi is

Code: Select all

tags[]: urban
KrysEmlyn

#583 Post by KrysEmlyn » 12 Apr 2022 12:41

The "tags[]:" property found in the vehicle definitions is different from the "area_tag[]:" found in the random event scene definitions.
danbywinby

#584 Post by danbywinby » 12 Apr 2022 18:12

yaumeister wrote: 12 Apr 2022 11:56 I don't suppose SCS has just renamed the tag to "urban" by any chance? The tag they used for the Crown Vic taxi is

tags[]: urban
:lol: i wish it was that easy, unfortunately i have already tried that and no that did not work.

According to the SCS wiki the 'area_tag' does the following:

Limit the road event only to traffic area with certain tag (no tag for no limitation). 
The code for 'urban_area' in 'def\world\traffic_rules.sii' has not changed at all in any recent versions and is:

traffic_rule_data : traffic_rule.urban_area
{
	rule: "lane"
	str_params[]: "urban_area"
	str_params[]: "area"
}
From my understanding it is the 'urban_area' that should match up between the 2 and allow the event and traffic area to link. This is what seems to be not working.

This is the relevant line in the 'journey_events_road_event' file:

area_tag: urban_area
Full example from my 'journey_road_event.dwchannels' with the above line to make it only spawn in city areas:

journey_events_road_event : j_re.dwchanm
	{
		area_tag: urban_area
		max_length: 12      // [m]
		min_length: 11      // [m]
		layer_min_curve[]: 0.0        // [degree]
		layer_max_curve[]: 5.0        // [degree]
		max_shoulder_space: 1.5	     	 // [m]
		set_idx: 1
		traffic_block: false
		slow_down_passing: false
		bridge_forbidden: true
		tunnel_forbidden: true
		parents[]: j_re.super_parent # Excludes raol type roads
	}
If anybody would like to try investigating this i am more than happy for you to do so and if necessary use the files from my mod to test any ideas and let me know the results.
JuGaR

#585 Post by JuGaR » 25 Apr 2022 02:03

Hello, I love your mod but I have an idea and it turns out that it has 3 types of potholes, well my idea would be... if you put more variety of potholes in it I would really appreciate it and you don't know how much. Eternally... maybe😅
He left you some examples that for me would be the ones I would most like you to put:
1.- Lombos
2.- Reducing bands
And with those 2 I would be more than happy and I wouldn't ask for more or so much xd😅
Well that.
If you can add them I would appreciate it as it says above (Not to repeat the phrase😅). Thank you very much and good big piece of mod
Ciobby

#586 Post by Ciobby » 03 May 2022 17:22

Hello @danbywinby, I encountered the following error in the console:

[model] Unknown variant name 'default' on model '/model/event/static/burning_tank.pmd'
[model] Unknown variant name 'default' on model '/model/event/static/burning_tank.pmd'
Missing model variant definition! in item 0x2A00AFF802400001
Is it because I'm using your mod together with Jazzycat's AI Traffic Pack?

Thanks!
abasstreppas

#587 Post by abasstreppas » 03 May 2022 17:34

I have that error too and I don't have any traffic mods. It could be a game default error though :?
ATLANTIK7773

#588 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 03 May 2022 19:28

I also got this error when there was a burning tank event!?
danbywinby

#589 Post by danbywinby » 04 May 2022 17:33

I have just tested this myself (in V1.43 not tested in V1.44) and can confirm that this error is from the default SCS burning tank model.
abasstreppas

#590 Post by abasstreppas » 04 May 2022 17:51

That was what i thought it was as what I remember I've seen it for a long time

Return to “Others”