Weigh Stations ATS

CDMC

Re: Weigh Stations ATS

#11 Post by CDMC » 22 Dec 2018 17:58

RIP 1000$ fine for 1 over speed limit :D
Last edited by Wolfi on 14 Jan 2020 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed, do not quote entire message above yours.
GT182

#12 Post by GT182 » 23 Dec 2018 00:59

Ok, no fine for being 289 pounds overweight in Kingman, AZ. I did get a $700 fine tho in Nevada for jumping a red light. Fine have been turned off again.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
CDMC

#13 Post by CDMC » 23 Dec 2018 02:15

:mrgreen: im sorry, but that was funny to read :lol:
Last edited by Wolfi on 14 Jan 2020 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed, do not quote entire message above yours.
GT182

#14 Post by GT182 » 24 Dec 2018 03:35

Thank you CDMC. ;)
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#15 Post by GT182 » 02 Jan 2019 04:31

Yannis, when you pick a load it shows the product weight only in ATS. Take a load that's at least 44,000 pounds. Then stop at a truckstop with scales or highway scales. You'll then find out the total weigh, with fuel, and you'll most likely be overweight.

I've shut all the fine crap off as it's no where near real life trucking. When I was hauling to and back from California I found what fun it was at all those dam scale houses. Missouri was a royal pain, especially Springfield.... until I found a way around the scales. :D

At least we don't have to worry about log books. LOL Just fatigue, but that's turned off too so I can run like I used to in real life, :roll: ;)
flight50

#16 Post by flight50 » 06 Jan 2019 03:41

One day we will get true weigh station functionality. SCS is well aware of the need to fix it. I think they got it in but are learning more on how it works or at the time, didn't have a what to implement it. Now that they game is going more cargo based, weight will have some factor and will be much more meaningful.
wanderingfido

#17 Post by wanderingfido » 22 Aug 2022 07:06

No but guys. I seriously have not had to pull in to ANY weigh stations for the last few loads. I get the green light every time now. I'm hauling hazardous chemicals (diesel, aromatics, solvents, etc) in my own fuel tanker trailer. What's going on?

Maybe this is why, according to Capt Fuzzy:
Capt Fuzzy [has American Truck Simulator] 3 Mar, 2018 @ 4:09pm
I've been paying a lot of attention to the 'mechanics' of this for a while now, and though it seems random, I've noticed that, at least in my case, if I have not left the state that I'm currently in, I get a bypass signal. If I cross a state line, then I'm almost always 'flagged' to stop at the nearest weigh station. After stopping at that weigh station, I am then given the bypass signal for other weigh stations in the same state, until I cross another state line, then the process repeats...
This also seems to fit with how it's done in real life as well.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/d ... 916431810/
GT182

#18 Post by GT182 » 25 Aug 2022 20:07

wanderingfido, no it does not work that way. If the green light is on in real life, you pull in or they'll chase you down. Then you're in really deep doo doo. They will check everything. Even your underwear. :lol:

It's not cargo overweight. It's the truck, trailer, cargo, fuel, driver, passenger if there is one. Plus all of your belongings you carry in the truck. As in real life it's the way it should be in ATS. All that's weighed now is the cargo.
detourist

#19 Post by detourist » 03 Sep 2022 11:17

GT182 wrote: 25 Aug 2022 20:07 If the green light is on in real life, … they'll chase you down.
Sure, green? Did you mean red?
GT182

#20 Post by GT182 » 07 Sep 2022 20:44

Sorry I didn't make it clearer on what I meant.

There will be a red and green light right at the scale to tell you to stop. Once you have been weighed then it turns to green to pull off the scales and pull out to continue on down the highway.

Flashing yellow lights out on the highway before you get to the scales to show it's open and you must pull in. Meaning the scale station is Open. If you don't pull in to be weighed, then the cops will go after you.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”