Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.49.1

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Mr Larrington

Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.49.1

#1 Post by Mr Larrington » 16 Dec 2018 17:30

Executive summary: All the trailers SCS didn't think you needed. Plus some other Stuffs.

Where it came from:
Someone anonymous did one for earlier versions of both games but it didn't get updated after an SCS update. It was credited to Jazzycat but although it used his truck models it never appeared on his web site, so I assume his participation was without his knowledge. This one is based on what the original did, but only uses SCS models, has been kept more or less up to date and has had extra bits added to it.

What it does:
Adds double/triple trailers in traffic
Forestry DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Forest Machinery DLC
Heavy Cargo DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Heavy Cargo DLC
LodeKing DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the LodeKing Trailers DLC
Oversize DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Special Transport DLC
Volvo Construction Equipment DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Volvo Construction Equipment DLC
More single trailers with more cargo.
Single and triple versions of the double trailers from Jazzycat's Painted Truck mod
Double versions of the containers and tanks from Arnook's Container Pack
Various other bits'n'bobs as detailed below

What's in the box:

ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic Base
  • Bottom dumpers: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Dry bulk tanks: B-double, Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Dry vans: B-double, Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
  • Flatbeds: B-double, Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
  • Fuel tankers: Double & triple trailers - dolly types & B-double
  • Gas tanker: B-double
  • Food tankers: Double & triple trailers - dolly types only
  • Goosenecks: B-double, Rocky Mountain and Turnpike double with container, tank and miscellaneous cargo
  • Grain hopper: Pup double, pup triple, b-double & turnpike double
  • Insulated vans: B-double, Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Lowboys: Double (2-3) and triple (2-2-2 & 3-3-3) with assorted cargo
  • Nasty sliding tarp Things: B-double, Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Reefers: B-double, Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
  • Side dumpers: B-double and Turnpike double trailers
  • Truck transports - Kenworth T680 and Western Star 49xx
  • Double versions of all SCS trucks not already included in the base game
  • Mildly modified versions of some Jazzycat painted trucks which haul flatbed & dropdeck trailers only. This is to reduce the incidence of empty flatbeds.
  • Anything that isn't a def file for the other trailer mods, basically
  • Easter Eggs
  • A former The Prime Minister (possibly)
NEW in v1.49 ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Farm Machinery Addon
  • Farm Machinery addon: traffic versions of all the Farm Machinery DLC trailers. Single lowboys and dropdecks; single/double/triple flatbeds.
  • REQUIRES THE FARM MACHINERY DLC AND BASE PACKAGE.
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Forestry Addon
  • Forestry addon: traffic versions of all the Forest Machinery DLC trailers
  • REQUIRES THE FOREST MACHINERY DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
  • IF USING THIS WITH THE SINGLE TRAILER TRAFFIC MOD, PUT THIS ONE ABOVE THE SINGLE TRAILER MOD IN THE MOD MANAGER
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Heavy Cargo Addon:
  • Heavy cargo addon: traffic versions of all the Heavy Cargo DLC trailers.
  • REQUIRES THE HEAVY CARGO DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC LodeKing Addon
  • Lode King/Prestige trailers addon: traffic versions of all the Lodeking DLC trailers
  • REQUIRES THE LODE KING DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Oversize Addon
  • Special Transport addon: traffic versions of all the Oversize (Special Transport) DLC trailers
  • Trucks to haul them, at 65 km/h tops
  • REQUIRES THE OVERSIZE DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Volvo Construction Equipment Addon
  • Volvo Construction addon: traffic versions of all the Volvo Construction Equipment DLC trailers
  • REQUIRES THE VOLVO CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
ATS Single Trailer Traffic
  • Trailers that SCS should have included but didn't
  • Trailers that SCS did include but with more cargos and configurations
  • REQUIRES THE BASE PACKAGE
ATS Jazzycat Painted Pup Triples And Singles
  • Single and triple versions of the double trailers and associated trucks in Jazzycat's Painted Truck Taffic mod.
  • REQUIRES JAZZYCAT'S PAINTED TRUCK TAFFIC MOD (BUT IS INDEPENDENT OF ANY THE ABOVE MODS).
NEW in v1.49 ATS Arnook Doubles
  • Double gooseneck trailers with the painted containers from Arnook's Container Pack. Built using v7 of Arnook's mod.
  • REQUIRES ARNOOK'S CONTAINER PACK AND BASE PACKAGE.
ATS Double Trucks for CIP Sound Mod
  • Versions of all the SCS and Jazzycat trucks in the other mods comptible with CIP's Sound Mods.
  • MUST GO ABOVE THE BASE AND JAZZYCAT (IF INSTALLED) MODS IN THE MOD MANAGER
ATS Multiple Trailers For Cargo
  • Allows Rocky Mountain/Turnpike double and pup triple trailers for cargo in states, provinces and countries from other map mods, and also corrects some of the patent absurdities in the SCS trailer definitions. Refrigerated curtains? Scrap cars inna chip van?
  • STANDALONE MOD.
Real Companies & Trailers Pack v2.7 Fix for Mr Larrington's Trailers
  • Now a proper mod. Put it above the original Grimes Real Companies & Trailers mod and the other mods in this package.
  • Has grown because missing automats.
ATS Truck Templates:
  • Templates for skinning Jazzycat's Freightliner Cascadia & Volvo VNL (from Jazzycat's Painted Truck traffic mod), Hawkbs' Kenworth W900 (from the Dalton Highway mod) and Insane J's (aka Mohegan13) Kenworth T800 (from the Carlile Transportation Systems mod in the Steam Workshop).
See the readme_ats.txt included in the package for suggested load order.

What it looks like:

[ external image ]
ATS triple by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Forestry by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Heavy by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
LodeKing by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Oversize by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Volvo by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Single by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Jazzycat by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Arnook by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

[ external image ]
Farmboy by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

Trailer paint jobs are the standard-issue SCS ones. Real companies mods should replace the SCS skins with their own, though note that this can cause logos to fall off the end of trailers or display other unseemly behaviour. The mod has fancy truck colours courtesy of the inestimable CIP formerly of this parish, who also did most of the heavy lifting ha ha on the heavy cargo trailer adaptations. Kudos also due to mr.peterbilt for advising me that Special Transport trailers now work in traffic. I'm sure they used not to...

What's new?

Version 1.49.2 for ATS v1.49: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.49.2.7z - 33.5 MB <== Created 2023-12-17 13:19 GMT

AI Truck Templates: ATS_AI_Truck_templates.zip - 28.2 MB <== Created 2023-08-05 16:34 BST
  • Realised that the International 9900 A single and the C double are both day cabs so there's no need for a C single.
  • Added Volvo VNL 2018 B cab double; A & B cabs for oversize trailers.
  • Arnook double addon. I thought I'd already released this but apparently not. Sorry.
    [*}Farm Machinery DLC addon.
  • Greatly reduced spawning for Oversize loads.
  • Wind turbine blade added to Oversize addon.
  • Even yet more cargo for various trailers.
  • Lowboys with cotton harvester cargo moved from DLC Heavy Addon to Base.
  • Removed unused directories from /vehicle.
  • Fixed the odd error with RM doubles getting where they shouldn't.
  • New in v1.49.1...
  • New set of double trucks in the base mod. These are identical to the originals except that they ONLY haul double gooseneck and double flatbed trailers with container, tank, site office, generator and mixed construction cargo and their spawn ratio is 1/3 that of the regular ones. This means much more balanced numbers of double trailers.
  • ATS_High_Spawn_Frequency_Trailers discontinued. Gave me a headache and didn't work properly.
  • ATS_Low_Spawn_Frequency_Trailers also discontinued. Gave me another headache and also didn't work properly.
  • Increased spawn ratios for lowboy trailers.
  • New in v1.49.2...
  • Add Nuevo Leon.
  • Cotton harvesters now only appear in areas where there's cotton to be harvested.
  • Fix stupid error with bottom dumper trailer still being in traffic files.
If you are using cip's Traffic Density mod (or anyone else's come to that) then it MUST GO ABOVE ALL OF THESE MODS in the Mod Manager.

Known issues:
  • Some trailers might arrive before their wheels do. To fix this, edit your config.cfg file and change the line:

Code: Select all

uset g_lod_factor_traffic "0"

to

Code: Select all

uset g_lod_factor_traffic "5"

The game sometimes sets the graphics mode back to "ZX-81" after a crash, so keep a backup copy of your config.cfg file handy.
  • The trailers still sink into the road surface, fall apart, materialise in the middle of your traffic lane or tie themselves in knots from time to time.
  • Warning flags don't appear on some, or more, of the lowboys. I have no idea why.
  • Some of the trailers adapted from owned ones have disembodied licence plates floating behind them. Like this:

[ external image ]
    LP by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

I think this is confined to the rear trailers of the b-double dryvan/insulated/reefer rigs and it's only visible from behind, so I've left these trailers in the main mod.
  • Most of the trailers in the Oversize addon are wide and therefore cause accidents on single-carriageway roads. For this reason their spawn frequencies are low.
  • The lights on the trailers adapted from owned ones are a Rubbish.
See the description text files in each mod for the countries/regions in which the trailers appear, and how to make the multis appear everywhere if that's what you want.

You are actively encouraged to take these mods apart to see how they work and put your own trucks and trailers in them. To this end, the package will always be free and able to be unpacked without resorting to any funny business.

Previous versions:

ATS only
AI Truck Templates: ATS_AI_Truck_templates.zip - 28.2 MB

v1.49.1 Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.49.1.7z - 33.5 MB
v1.49: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.49.7z - 34.6 MB
v1.48.3: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.48.3.7z - 43.3 MB
v1.48.3: Grimes_real_companies_v2_7_fix.scs - 1.1 MB - just the Real Companies & Trailers Pack fix from the above
v1.48.3: ATS_Low_Spawn_Frequency_Trailers.scs - 222 KB - just the ATS_Low_Spawn_Frequency_Trailers mod from the above package
v1.48.2: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.48.2.7z - 43.3 MB
v1.48.1: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.48.1.7z - 43.3 MB
v1.48.1: ATS_double_trucks_for_CIP_sound_mod.scs - 97 KB just the ATS_double_trucks_for_CIP_sound_mod mod from the above
v1.48: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.48.7z - 43.3 MB
v1.47.4: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.47.4.7z - 62.9 MB - fixes a DIFFERENT stupid error in the Grimes Real Companies Fix
v1.47.4: Grimes_real_companies_v2_6_fix.scs - 1.1 MB - just the Grimes Real Companies Fix from the above
v1.47.3: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.47.3.7z - 62.9 MB - fixes v1.47.2 stupid error in Low Spawn Frequency mod.
v1.47.3: ATS_Low_Spawn_Frequency_Trailers.scs - 232 KB - just the Low Spawn Frequency mod from the above.
v1.47.2: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.47.2.7z - 62.9 MB
v1.47.2: ATS_single_trailer_traffic.scs - 282 KB - Just the Single Trailer mod from the above.
v1.47.1: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.47.1.7z.7z - 62.9 MB. Update with fix to Base mod.
v1.47.1: ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_Base.scs - 42.3 MB. Just the Base mod from v1.47.1 package.
v1.47: Mr_Larrington__x27_s_ATS_Traffic_Mods_v1.47.7z - 62.9 MB. Update for v1.47.
v1.46.2: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.46.2.7z - 61.4 MB
v1.46.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.46.1.7z - 52.0 MB
v1.46: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.46.7z - 52.0 MB. Updated for v1.46.
v1.45: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.45.7z - 45.9 MB. Updated for v1.45.
v1.44: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.44.7z - 41.9 MB. Updated for v1.44.
v1.43: There wasn't one. v1.42.1 continued to work under v1.43. Yay!
v1.42.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.42.1.7z - 28.5 MB. Changed internal name of Montana.
v1.42: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v1.42.7z - 28.5 MB. Revamped version for ATS v1.42.
v9.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v9.1.7z - 27.5 MB. Turnpike doubles in Colorado; fixes to stupid mistakes.
v9.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v9.0.7z - 27.6 MB. Version for v1.40.
v8.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v8.0.7z - 28.9 MB. Version for v1.39.
v7.4: ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_Base.scs - 7.4 MB. Update to base mod only.
v7.3: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.3.7z - 27.1 MB. Re-added the Jazzycat trucks & trailers.
v7.2: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.2.7z - 27.0 MB. Version for v1.38.
v7.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.1.7z - 27.1 MB. Version for v1.37.
v7.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.0.7z - 24.3 MB. Version for v1.36.
Q/F: ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_DLC_Heavy_Cargo_Addon_Quick_Fix.scs - 14 KB. Fixed issue with SCS changing a cargo file name.
v6.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.0.7z - 21.6 MB. Almost-final version for v1.36.
v5.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.0.7z - 22.8 MB. Version for v1.35 that works with cipinho's traffic density mod.
v4.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.0.7z - 21.7 MB. Initial version for v1.35
v3.3: Fixed the remaining mudflaps but never got released because v1.35 was announced about ten minutes after I finished it.
v3.2: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.2.7z - 19.4 MB. Added 45' turnpike doubles.
v3.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 17.2 MB. Version for v1.34.

ATS & ETS2

v3.1.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Version for ETS2 v1.33.2.19 and above. Last .7z file to contain the mods for both ETS2 and ATS.
v3.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Added cipinho's sound improvements.
v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Version for v1.33.
v2.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v2.0.7z - 14.3 MB. Version for v1.32.
Last edited by Mr Larrington on 17 Dec 2023 13:21, edited 45 times in total.
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Axel Slingerland

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS & ETS2 - v3.1

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 16 Dec 2018 21:48

Mr Larrington wrote: 16 Dec 2018 17:30 v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Can't think why you'd want it, but hey...
I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but I downloaded this file because when I read the readme.txt file in the newer one, which I always do before I add a mod to the game, it said "updated for v1.33", and I have 1.32. But after I downloaded this file I saw it says the same thing. So do you have a 1.32 version? Or will these work in 1.32 and I am clueless as usual about updates I don't have? [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Mr Larrington

#3 Post by Mr Larrington » 17 Dec 2018 15:03

There was a 1.32 version at one point. Let me consult the backups...

Edit: v2.0 for game v1.32 re-uploaded - see first post.
Last edited by Mr Larrington on 17 Dec 2018 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Larrington
B787

#4 Post by B787 » 17 Dec 2018 15:14

Nice! :shock:
VictorSE

#5 Post by VictorSE » 17 Dec 2018 15:26

Cool stuff!
[ external image ]
Facebook / Skins topic / Workshop / Flickr
I can make skin requests, all you have to do is to contact me.
Mr Larrington

#6 Post by Mr Larrington » 17 Dec 2018 22:50

SCS have updated ETS2 to v1.33.2.19 while I was eating my dinner and thus broken the mod. ATS also got updated, but the mod is unaffected.

See first post for updated version.
Mr Larrington
cip

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v3.1

#7 Post by cip » 03 Jan 2019 12:17

Happy New Year Mr Larrington! nice initiative with new topic for multiple trailers in traffic. what you did not mention and you should is that inevitably there are traffic files in your mod, these were broken on 17 December in ETS2 not the multiple trailers.
For info, you mod as it is now, is not compatible with traffic density mods, it must be placed above to see doubles in traffic, but the traffic mod may be affected (depending what's the complexity level of the density mod used).
For info I added the rules for multiple trailers in traffic in my traffic density mod and I mentioned this in my thread for ATS and ETS2.
now for traffic there are overrides rules that can make your doubles compatible with any traffic mods, please remind me to do this one day! currently I am busy with Chris45 doubles, for some reasons I have crashes in ATS with no errors but I suspect the Chris45 pack... need more investigation, I may be wrong (I hope) :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Walker Bill

#8 Post by Walker Bill » 12 Feb 2019 04:30

Work great in ATS 1.34 too. Anyway, can you make default turnpike double by scs (not 53' wabash trailer) to the traffic? it consists two 45ft trailers (first one with hook with def name dry_45_hook and the second one being dry_45_r). Thanks you so much
Mr Larrington

#9 Post by Mr Larrington » 05 Mar 2019 00:52

Announcing v3.2, as sort-of requested by Walker Bill - see first post for links etc. Only real change is the inclusion of 45' turnpike doubles alongside the existing 53' ones. See also the first post if you want just one or the other type.

Sorry for the delay but I've actually been doing some driving!
Mr Larrington
cip

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v3.2

#10 Post by cip » 05 Mar 2019 09:36

thanks for the update! I will check soon the sounds that are currently in your pack, all my sounds have been revised and this pack deserves the best sounds ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Traffic”