Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.49.1

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
PrinceRupert05

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.45

#121 Post by PrinceRupert05 » 29 Aug 2022 05:46

nevermind it d/led just fine
quick question
what causes trailer in struck into the road?
kotkreskowy

#122 Post by kotkreskowy » 29 Aug 2022 20:10

If you mean ai double trailers having one of their axles stuck inside the road and being unable to move i think that's an SCS issue since i've seen it happen without the mod being used
djadlib

#123 Post by djadlib » 30 Aug 2022 16:29

Yeah. It's a limitation of the scs physics engine i think
Mr Larrington

#124 Post by Mr Larrington » 09 Nov 2022 20:15

I downloaded the mod package and checked it with both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. It came out clean. As did my entire PC.

Anyway, lots of new cargo in v1.46 which is slowing things down a bit but the update should be out in the next day or two.
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Mr Larrington

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.46

#126 Post by Mr Larrington » 10 Nov 2022 23:07

v1.46 now available - see first post for details. I did have a look at the trucks from the AI Truck Expansion mod mentioned upthread but the original mod as it stands has trucks with both

Code: Select all

trailer_chains[]: "truck_semi"
and

Code: Select all

trailer_chains[]: "truck_long"
in them, at which point untangling the thing started to give me a headache.

There'll likely be another update next week following the release of the Texas DLC because there's at least one lowboy cargo to be added only I've no idea what it's supposed to be or whether it's from the Heavy Cargo DLC or the base game or what. Also many of the cargo masses for newly-added cargo are total guesswork.

Edit: Messed up the new cargo on the triple flatbeds. New version uploaded - see first post.
Mr Larrington
halbtollekreatur

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.46

#127 Post by halbtollekreatur » 12 Nov 2022 01:09

It would be useful if scs would implement a "truck_small" (for 4x2 trucks with 28,5ft trailers) and a "truck_heavy" (for 8 axle trucks and heavy trailers) tag. It would make modding AI much easier.
Mr Larrington

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.46.1

#128 Post by Mr Larrington » 16 Nov 2022 23:13

It'd be even more useful if SCS made trucks other than 6x4 available in traffic too. However:

Mildly tweaked v1.46.1 now available - see first post for download link etc. This adds the space container lowboy cargo and Peterbilt 579 truck transports, and changed some cargo masses to be closer to what they are if one were hauling them oneself. The rest of them need checking too but that'll have to wait for a while coz it'll takes ages.
Mr Larrington
LeafeonGold

#129 Post by LeafeonGold » 08 Feb 2023 03:10

Something I'm wondering: Is it your mod that's causing flatbeds and stepdecks to have black and white reflective tape and tail lights, and the 'WTS' mudflaps in traffic, or should I be checking elsewhere in my mods? It looks like this:

[ external image ]

Also, when a stepdeck or flatbed appears in traffic, it's always empty, same question as above, is it from your mod or elsewhere?
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
KrysEmlyn

#130 Post by KrysEmlyn » 09 Feb 2023 04:28

This mod is the source of the "WTS" mudflaps texture that is getting applied to the Freight Market/AI traffic trailers.
It doesn't create the dark tail lights/black sections of reflective tape, though. That is possibly a mod conflict?

Return to “Traffic”