Dates Of DLC Releases

flight50

Re: Dates Of DLC Releases

#181 Post by flight50 » 20 Aug 2022 05:30

Sweet, you updated. I suppose you get notifications about this thread to email perhaps, lol.

I want to say Montana went to Steam Nov 17. https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/11/introd ... ntana.html. If this isn't exact, its probably good enough.

Yeah Iife always jumps at you in many ways. Sorry ATS isn't running well for ya. You think its the computer specs that need to be upgraded?
joschac2

#182 Post by joschac2 » 20 Aug 2022 05:44

I do get emails for this thread so I can update it when I have time or remember lol.

It's mostly my old disk drive even tgoni installed ats on a SSD.
But I have plans on a better pc in the up coming year
Sora

#183 Post by Sora » 20 Aug 2022 08:54

joschac2 wrote: 20 Aug 2022 05:21 I didn't add Nevada because it technically came with the base game

Idk if i,m blind or not but I see nothing for the Steampunk Paint Job Pack
That's also true of the first couple of trucks, isn't it? If anything, those were technically there before Nevada. Both of those trucks as well as Nevada appear in the list of DLC that you can theoretically disable, though I'm not comfortable actually attempting it. So if you list the trucks, it follows suit that Nevada probably should be there too, as petty as it is.

As for the Steampunk Paint Job Pack, that's an awkward one - it is formally a DLC, but it was never made available for independent purchase, and it doesn't have a store page. It was only available to people who Liked the game's store page prior to February 9 2016, and unlike similar DLCs (the Raven and Dragon PJPs), it was never made available since then - and unlike the PC Gamer pack from ETS2, there is no particularly good reason why. It's sort of a personal vendetta, but there's nothing I hate more than limited-time content - especially for games that are expected to be supported for a long time. If I don't hear about the game until a few months later, that's the marketing team's fault - why are you punishing me for it?

At least with the Workshop items you have some recourse (I guess you permanently miss the WoT cheevos, which might be relevant in 2068 when WoT goes into Beta lol), but with DLC, you simply need to accept that there is content you will never be able to legally access if you made the unforgivable mistake of buying a game after its release. And I'm entirely aware that other developers do this, but it saddens me that SCS has to resort to it. It's my one irrational beef with them.

...ah, but perhaps I'm getting carried away. It's a paint job pack. It's DLC. It released with the game and is technically free but purely an early adopter bonus.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#184 Post by Mohegan13 » 20 Aug 2022 09:43

I honestly think they should update the Steampunk pack for all trucks and release it as a paid DLC for those unlucky enough not to get it. I can understand keeping the small collaborative stuff exclusive like the PC Gamer stuff, but IMO the Steampunk skins are actually really nice and should be available to buy.
joschac2 wrote: 20 Aug 2022 05:21 I didn't add Nevada because it technically came with the base game
Depends on your point of view. Originally it was meant to just be a free update about a year after launch, but ATS release was delayed. If your Google-Fu is strong you can still find the old ATS: California game cover design that was use for pre-orders and placeholders on shops.

When the game was finally ready to release it was really just a happy coincidence that Nevada happened to be ready to go as well.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
flight50

#185 Post by flight50 » 20 Aug 2022 13:04

joschac2 wrote: 20 Aug 2022 05:44 I do get emails for this thread so I can update it when I have time or remember lol.

It's mostly my old disk drive even tgoni installed ats on a SSD.
But I have plans on a better pc in the up coming year
Understood. Yeah I hate to see any long time player not be able to play all the latest and greatest stuff. Good to hear you have plans for better pc though. Also glad you hear you have this thread on notice. I find this thread quite beneficial with all releases that you documented. Its great for records/references.
flight50

#186 Post by flight50 » 21 Nov 2022 14:40

Texas is out now. Nov 15th was the release date.

Also Oklahoma was put on Steam. I believe it was Nov 14th that it actually went up.

Wild West paint pack was available on Texas release day as well.....Nov 15th
joschac2

#187 Post by joschac2 » 23 Nov 2022 22:05

Added Texas
Oklahoma and wild west
flight50

#188 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2023 18:25

@joschac2 What's up buddy. We have 2 new entries for ya. Kansas is official and the 5700XE just released yesterday.
joschac2

#189 Post by joschac2 » 02 Feb 2023 00:34

Yea, it's been a rough week. Few people passing away and a dog ran In front me earlier this afternoon, the dog was in pretty rough shape when he was rushed to the vet. I'll update it tonight or tomorrow
flight50

#190 Post by flight50 » 02 Feb 2023 03:19

Ohhh no. Sorry to hear of your lost. I have a friend that lost 3 family members last week. DFW is on ice this week. I strained the heck out of my quad.... yeah 2023 is definitely rough. Take care of business first. This forum can wait. I was just updating ya.

Return to “General discussion about the game”