Increasing cargoes weights

LAFAYET47

Increasing cargoes weights

#1 Post by LAFAYET47 » 07 Mar 2019 20:26

Hi guys, I would like to know how could I modify the game for getting heavier loads. I specially want this for having a more realistic situation in Finland, where massive loads are carried. The HCT's are doing fine, but still the weights could be increased a little bit since I'm getting most of the times 40-50 tonnes jobs and the maximum gross vehicle there (for 8 axles configuration) is like 76t. What files should I change? (those of the base-vanilla game, or for example the nordic-style trailers of Kast?)
Max
SCS Software

Re: Increasing cargoes weights

#2 Post by Max » 07 Mar 2019 23:31

gross vehicle combination weight (truck + trailer mass) for each axle count is stored in country def.
gross trailer weight limit (like trailer technical limit) is stored in given trailer def.
you might also load cargoes with low density, in that case increase summary volume value in given trailer configuration def (more space in trailer) or find given cargo def and change mass per unit of cargo (denser cargo).
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
LAFAYET47

#3 Post by LAFAYET47 » 08 Mar 2019 11:31

@Max, do you mean this parameter? in that case, I increased it and I didnt notice any heavier cargoes:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 08 Mar 2019 21:52

That will only work with low density cargo's. Things like used pallet's etc and I suspect in most cases while it will make those loads heavier it won't make them actually heavy (ie increase from 15T to 25T).

Changing the values per axle in "def/country/Finland.sii" will make more difference.

As to the original reason you are doing this, don't forget that the 76T limit includes the weight of the truck, so around 50T in cargo would be correct.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 09 Mar 2019 09:17

You need to change the load per axle in the trailer def files.

It doesn't really matter what you do with cargo files because the max weight is still dictated by the trailer not the cargo.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
LAFAYET47

#6 Post by LAFAYET47 » 09 Mar 2019 09:34

Madkine wrote: 08 Mar 2019 21:52
Changing the values per axle in "def/country/Finland.sii" will make more difference.

As to the original reason you are doing this, don't forget that the 76T limit includes the weight of the truck, so around 50T in cargo would be correct.
I created this little mod(forget about this thing) that raises up the maximum weight per axle in the mentioned file"def/country/Finland.sii". Now it looks like something like this:

[ external image ]

But still I couldnt realise any difference at all with the standard (and real) maximum weight per axles of the vanilla game for Finland. I can't notice any increase of weight cargoes for modded trailers or vanilla SCS trailers. Maybe I did something wrong in the mod? All what I really want to do actually is to assign heavier cargoes for the 5 axle 19m long VAK trailer of Kast, which has a HCT category and should be able to haul loads of 40-50 tons easily. Instead of this, the game assigns to it 27-28 t loads maximum....no difference with the mod activated or deactivated, keep getting that 27-28t.

Screenshots (all with mod activated)

the 5 axles 19metres VAK trailer, 28t maximum: https://i.imgur.com/txXVRdL.jpg
Vanilla dropside trailer, 9 axles, and I'm just getting 39t (this one is weird too you should be able to transport 40-50 tons): https://i.imgur.com/fspjtjy.jpg
Vanilla HCT curtainsider trailer, 9 axles, 49 t. This one has more normal weight values for this type of trailers: https://i.imgur.com/n3R046t.jpg

Hope I explained myself.
Last edited by LAFAYET47 on 09 Mar 2019 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Mar 2019 09:36

truck + trailer axle, the weight limit is for the complete vehicle combo, so you would have 8 axle with a 6xX or 7 with a 4x2

i didt it for germany because i only got 9t loads for tandem trucks, now i got up to 25tt
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
LAFAYET47

#8 Post by LAFAYET47 » 09 Mar 2019 09:44

yes I know that this formula is for the complete vehicle combo, my truck has 3 axles and the VAK 5 axles so 8 axles in total. If my mod would work with the increased values (I set 106t for 8 axle configuration, as you can see in the above screenshot) that would mean that I could haul much heavier loads, but instead I keep getting the 28t cap for this trailer.
Max
SCS Software

#9 Post by Max » 09 Mar 2019 09:48

@LAFAYET47
take trailers from your example:
first is 5-axle trailer, it fall under limits of country. 7 axle (5+2) has limit of 60t in finland. as truck+trailer has like 15t, you are left 45t for cargo (unless capped by volume).
second definition is 8-axle monster trailer. with 2-axle truck it has 84t limits GCVW (see country data), as truck+trailer has like 24t, you are left 60t for cargo.
the very same trailer with 3-axle truck has limit 105t (its rather for special loads than regular cargo). but here the trailer GCW set limit so you can put 84-16 = 68t of cargo.
all this is generally correct.

all values i wrote about in my first post are applied. they set up different limitations (technical, legal, physical) and together it works in game.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
xXCARL1992Xx

#10 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Mar 2019 09:54

i get 28t max with a 4x2 and the 5 axle trailer (weight increased to 100t for 7 axle combo) so it looks like the trailer itself is capping the max. weight ?

____edit____

ok

i changed the axle limits for Finland (100t for 7 and 8 to test) and increased the volume of the VAK trailer to 500, now i get 54t loads with the trailer + 6x4 truck (after i realized that my modified def where UNDER the VAK trailers in the mod manager it worked :lol: )
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Help center - player to player”