[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
stummer

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.0 updates and discussion

#1841 Post by stummer » 22 Dec 2021 16:01

Nobody knows what SCS will change in the next update - and therefore nobody knows if a mod will work with that update.
And since map mods are very complex, the chances of errors, crashes or even damaging someone's profile are very high.

That's one reason why ProMods is linked to exact one game version. And with 1.5 million forum users, you can imagine the flood of messages when the map crashes the updated game.
plykkegaard

#1842 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Dec 2021 16:05

... and testing the mop during beta stages is just a waist of everybodys time
Keep the focus on what is important

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#1843 Post by flight50 » 22 Dec 2021 16:13

The problem is ProMods Canada will always take a backseat to ProMods ETS2. Its looked at and corrected first. All the devs for ETS2 are not for ATS. So the ones working Canada have to cover their parts of the project. Makes since why Canada update last.

You all talk about normal users not complaining with bugs.....you can't speak for everyone. There are some that will complain and some that won't. It is what it is. But complaining about it here won't change anything ProMods does. Either wait for the update or don't play ProMods. Might sound harsh but that's the reality of how they operate. There are no other options at this time. We are all in the same boat. Its not about one player....ever. We all wait at the same rate.
Trucker_71

#1844 Post by Trucker_71 » 22 Dec 2021 16:46

Every beta they seem to tell us, this about sound or this is about lights, so to get ready instead of just sitting on your hands till the beta is over and then muddle around with new content till the next version of the game comes out, isn't very productive. It's amazes that Reforma can pop out their update within a couple of days of the public release.
I've given up on Promods ETS2, they have the same issue, can't get an update done till just before a new version of the game is released. I don't know anything about what Europe looks like in real life so the Promods add on is pretty much of no use to me. I downloaded it a few times, but no more.
If it wasn't for the fact that I live in BC, I'd give up on Promods ATS as well. :(
Tristman

#1845 Post by Tristman » 22 Dec 2021 19:43

The quality of Promods Canada is way too good to give up imo. Like others said before, it is what it is, and the best solution is to keep several profiles so you can switch to a profile without Promods for the time it takes them to update.
flight50

#1846 Post by flight50 » 22 Dec 2021 21:00

^I totally agree that ProMods Canada is too good to give up on and only more goodness will come. Montana is coming and that sets up ProMods for the next 2-3 years. I wish the team was bigger to get more progress but we have what we have. Its better than nothing. I am very very picky with maps. I absolutely hate map bugs. Floaties and terrain gaps kills scenes for me. For that matter, I only run ProMod Canada map...nothing else anymore. But I honestly don't play that profile all that often. When they are updated and when SCS is not doing an event, I run ProMods to use my K100. But for events in WoT, its not supported so that alone gets me another profile.

My main profile is the exact same profile I started ATS with in 2016. If anything happened to that profile, I'd be absolutely pissed. I don't risk it. The mods I use there, are mods I've trusted for years and they rarely break. If I loose a profile, you can bet its not going to be my main one. I can live with loosing a heavier mod profile. But I put too much work into my main profile to jeopardize anything. I have it right where I want it. I finally have a 8x4 W900 without needing a mod and loosing the mile on my odometer. So life is good for me with my profiles.

On my ProMods profile its ProMods and my K100 from overfloater as my main 2 mods I don't run on my main profile. Others are the same simple ones from my main profile. I've reduced my mods over the years as SCS implements things or I just realize, I can do without. It helps being patient with both SCS and ProMods though.
Vinnie Terranova

#1847 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Dec 2021 21:43

flight50 wrote: 22 Dec 2021 21:00The mods I use there, are mods I've trusted for years and they rarely break.
Just a curious question (and don't feel obligated to answer my question), but as you have mentioned this before that you have very few mods on your main profile, what kind of mods are those?
flight50

#1848 Post by flight50 » 22 Dec 2021 22:12

^I can tell you once I get home this evening, lol. (Central Time US). I'll probably get home by 7-8pm. I can't remember them all right now. I know I have SiSl's US trailer mod, the Artic Logger, SmithCo Side dumper, ( I can drop now that SCS gave me what I wanted). Side dumper are sexy to me. SCS's is no SmithCo but its better than what we had. I have a construction zone mod that alters distance for random event signage because SCS is wayyyy to close to the event. I normally run 2 mods I made to get bobtail W900s and 389's only. I need to remake it though after 1.43 went live. They broke with this update. My 8x4's lift axle does a tag lift instead. Otherwise the mod still worked. I run a background sound remix mod because I don't like the default ATS background music. It never breaks. I think there might be 1-2 more but I'd have to verify later.

I was using the longer light traffic mod. I dropped it at recently though. I just run the lights now and take the fine. I have 22 million in the bank so I don't care. SCS seriously needs to implement the traffic lights that ProMods Canada has working flawelessly...unless SCS breaks it again. Most cities in the US are coverting over to the traffic lights that ProMods made. It doesn't happen everywhere of course but 80% of the light that I encounter are just like the ProMods traffic light. There is absolute no reason we should be sitting basic intersections with no traffic coming and have to wait an entire light cycle for a 2 second light. When traffic is not coming, we should be able to yield to oncoming traffic and proceed with the left turn. I don't know why ProMods figured it out but SCS hasn't.

edit. The other mods are...how could I forget, lol. Kriechbaum's engine pack. Also I use JazzyCat's Bus traffic. Its v1.42 but still works. Its his only pack I still use and the last one is the Real US Google Nav for ATS. It still says 1.37 and it works. The SmithCo Dumper says 1.35. So even old mods still work without issues. Half are Steam half are 3rd party sites.
Last edited by flight50 on 23 Dec 2021 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
KrysEmlyn

#1849 Post by KrysEmlyn » 23 Dec 2021 01:47

I've looked into how the ProMods Canada protected left turn cycles work and it takes some very clever semaphore profile timing and some custom intersection prefabs.
Custom traffic signal flare hookups and custom semaphore models are involved, of course.
flight50

#1850 Post by flight50 » 23 Dec 2021 03:12

Its definitely clever. Perhaps its time for SCS to also be just as clever. That minor detail can make a huggggge difference in people continuously asking to increase the light duration for protected lefts. It also eliminates the need for the long light mod. If increasing the light throws time off, the ProMod light is even more valid for SCS to implement. The request has been in for quite some time and yet no changes.

Return to “Maps”