[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
clifflandmark

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.1 updates and discussion

#1911 Post by clifflandmark » 27 Mar 2022 14:24

omg! Newly added places proves that ProMods team was also aiming the tourist simulator.I like driving offroad.It's fantastic.
Travismods

#1912 Post by Travismods » 14 Apr 2022 05:42

When are we getting more roads? Been kind of quiet for a while.
Optional Features

#1913 Post by Optional Features » 14 Apr 2022 06:18

koolizz wrote: 14 Apr 2022 05:42 When are we getting more roads? Been kind of quiet for a while.
I believe they are working on the start of Alberta atm.
flight50

#1914 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2022 08:29

I think they are heading towards Alberta and Northwest of Vancouver actually. Adrian does his thing and he's still in BC iirc. People are allowed to work where they want though. I'm just hoping more of their devs want to come over to Canada. Its some good landscaping up there that would be great to add once Montana is in. That' a lot of playground to work with until SCS gets to the Dakotas.
Optional Features

#1915 Post by Optional Features » 14 Apr 2022 13:49

flight50 wrote: 14 Apr 2022 08:29 I think they are heading towards Alberta and Northwest of Vancouver actually. Adrian does his thing and he's still in BC iirc. People are allowed to work where they want though. I'm just hoping more of their devs want to come over to Canada. Its some good landscaping up there that would be great to add once Montana is in. That' a lot of playground to work with until SCS gets to the Dakotas.
I just want the Yukon and north BC.
flight50

#1916 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2022 14:14

Lmao. So do I and I think I know where you are going with that..........the Dalton. Who wouldn't want the Dalton. If ProMods does one US state, Alaska is the one to do. Whether ProMods or SCS does it first, imagine what that could do for SCS. ProMods can stretch things much more than SCS will. That would be a huge uplift for ATS. Maybe seasons will be in ATS by the time SCS is ready for Alaska/Canada. If not, SCS at least mapped it for Summer, a mod will covert it to winter for those wanting that. Worse case, SCS makes a static season pull down. I am not interested in the stand alone Dalton mod. I want the Dalton linked to the current ATS game world and not as a 1:1 map. I don't have that type of time to play ATS.

IRT is how I found ATS in the first place. I had a unused G27 steering wheel that was inching to come out of a 1.5 long retirement, lol. It was collecting dust in my garage. After watching so many seasons of IRT, I had enough and want some action. I set to Steam looking for any driving game. I stumbled across ATS and was like....for $20, what's the worst that can happen. And here I am......best $20 for a game purchase I have made in years.
KrysEmlyn

#1917 Post by KrysEmlyn » 14 Apr 2022 15:34

Regarding the $20 purchase of ATS, that's how I got started with ETS2 so many years ago.
I've definitely gotten more than my money's worth out of the game and its DLCs at this point, for both ATS and ETS2.
Optional Features

#1918 Post by Optional Features » 14 Apr 2022 19:18

flight50 wrote: 14 Apr 2022 14:14 Lmao. So do I and I think I know where you are going with that..........the Dalton. Who wouldn't want the Dalton. If ProMods does one US state, Alaska is the one to do. Whether ProMods or SCS does it first, imagine what that could do for SCS. ProMods can stretch things much more than SCS will. That would be a huge uplift for ATS. Maybe seasons will be in ATS by the time SCS is ready for Alaska/Canada. If not, SCS at least mapped it for Summer, a mod will covert it to winter for those wanting that. Worse case, SCS makes a static season pull down. I am not interested in the stand alone Dalton mod. I want the Dalton linked to the current ATS game world and not as a 1:1 map. I don't have that type of time to play ATS.

IRT is how I found ATS in the first place. I had a unused G27 steering wheel that was inching to come out of a 1.5 long retirement, lol. It was collecting dust in my garage. After watching so many seasons of IRT, I had enough and want some action. I set to Steam looking for any driving game. I stumbled across ATS and was like....for $20, what's the worst that can happen. And here I am......best $20 for a game purchase I have made in years.
You got it haha.

Imagine a heavy haul from Texas to the north slope with dirt and seasons. Like a 7-piece load of a crane or something. That would be amazing.

Right now with a *redacted* map you can get Alaska from Prudhoe to Homer, and with promods, canadream, and a road connection, I have the full route there. But I doubt it'll look once I get out of promods.
flight50

#1919 Post by flight50 » 14 Apr 2022 20:59

I can't deal with with any other map mod but ProMods. I use to run SN and PaZz until they merged. But if ProMods got to the Dalton well before Eastern Canada..........I'll have to investing in some adult diapers because I'm playing alllll day and ain't moving, lol. Its possible that ProMods could get to Saskatchewan or even Manitoba to get to Winnipeg and be okay for awhile before moving East more. Its probably going to be while before Minnesota comes anyways. There is enough in IRT to put together some great mapping. The summer roads on Google Maps can give the contour of the land to see how to map it, but its the winter season that is the cherry on top. Summer roads are much rougher with potholes. Won't be as fun.

So for me if I was a ProMod dev, I'd go as far as SCS goes. Where SCS stops, that is when I'd map North into Canada and cover those roads. Reason being is assets. As SCS maps bordering states, there will be new assets for ProMods to use. Map it once, one good solid time and you don't have to update your map as much just to take advantage of something new...unless you just really want to. Not to mention, if ProMods got too far East of SCS, it too bring in an L shaped map or a C shaped map and the community has been livid over that type of map shape. I'd like to see ProMods stay vertical of SCS as much as possible. There is plenty of land for them to map until SCS can extend East. Just my 2 cents.
Double M

#1920 Post by Double M » 15 Apr 2022 14:59

It would be amazing to be able to get to Prudhoe Bay. I was imagining, if in the future the Team Reforma team does Mexico completely and Promods does Alaska. So you combine both maps and you could get to make trips of more than 6000 miles from north to south and vice versa. Touring all of North America from end to end. Start from Cancum in Mexico and go to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. A trip of this type could be incredible, the amount of landscapes, ecosystems and types of relief that could be observed during the trip. Just thinking about it makes me smile from ear to ear. :D

If the Promods team ever decides to do Alaska, they always have the option of starting with a southern city like Anchorage. Connecting it with the SCS map by ferry with Seattle in Washington. Then they can develop Alaska in all the directions they want until they can eventually link it by road with Canada. But this is just my opinion and a suggestion.

flight50 wrote: 14 Apr 2022 14:14 After watching so many seasons of IRT, I had enough and want some action.
What TV series are you referring to?

Return to “Maps”