[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Trucker_71

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.1 updates and discussion

#1921 Post by Trucker_71 » 15 Apr 2022 15:15

He's referring to Ice Road Truckers.
Optional Features

#1922 Post by Optional Features » 15 Apr 2022 15:50

flight50 wrote: 14 Apr 2022 20:59 I can't deal with with any other map mod but ProMods. I use to run SN and PaZz until they merged. But if ProMods got to the Dalton well before Eastern Canada..........I'll have to investing in some adult diapers because I'm playing alllll day and ain't moving, lol. Its possible that ProMods could get to Saskatchewan or even Manitoba to get to Winnipeg and be okay for awhile before moving East more. Its probably going to be while before Minnesota comes anyways. There is enough in IRT to put together some great mapping. The summer roads on Google Maps can give the contour of the land to see how to map it, but its the winter season that is the cherry on top. Summer roads are much rougher with potholes. Won't be as fun.

So for me if I was a ProMod dev, I'd go as far as SCS goes. Where SCS stops, that is when I'd map North into Canada and cover those roads. Reason being is assets. As SCS maps bordering states, there will be new assets for ProMods to use. Map it once, one good solid time and you don't have to update your map as much just to take advantage of something new...unless you just really want to. Not to mention, if ProMods got too far East of SCS, it too bring in an L shaped map or a C shaped map and the community has been livid over that type of map shape. I'd like to see ProMods stay vertical of SCS as much as possible. There is plenty of land for them to map until SCS can extend East. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed again. Seasons and dirt will make those areas shine. It seems like every truck north of Fairbanks is painted a bumpy brown lol.

But I do want Alberta to go with Montana. With the new Lode King, perhaps some grain will be shuttled back and forth.
clifflandmark

#1923 Post by clifflandmark » 18 Apr 2022 23:58

I do believe they're moving towards Alberta. Montana will make driveable roads to the East but I don't see them releasing together. It would be better to use more assets coming with MT. That's why I believe it's beneficial for ProMods to follow SCS behind.
flight50

#1924 Post by flight50 » 19 Apr 2022 04:56

Definitely follow behind SCS, never get ahead. For the most part, ProMods first iteration of their map is legit. They can always add but try to avoid reworking as much as possible. That energy can go to new unmapped areas if they don't try getting ahead. There is plenty North of what they have in place now. Montana reallly gives them a lot of space to grow too. With Montana, I'd go as far as all of Saskatchewan at the most. That's not doing too much backtracking. With the size of their current team, I don't think they'll get that far ahead though. SCS will could get to both North and South Dakota before ProMods gets to map anything East of Regina. Montana also brings the lone Idaho connection too. There's probably a solid 4-5 connection with Montana alone coming.
Double M

#1925 Post by Double M » 19 Apr 2022 15:09

Trucker_71 wrote: 15 Apr 2022 15:15 He's referring to Ice Road Truckers.
Thanks for the reply. From the name I didn't know what program it was, but looking for it on the internet I already remembered it. It usually happens, because in Spain they have a habit of translating movies and series with a totally different title from the original. :lol: I used to watch that show as a kid. In fact, it was seeing it that I became interested in American trucks.
Hitman

#1926 Post by Hitman » 27 Apr 2022 17:35

Hi ProMods Team!
What about sharing with the community some of your plans about the next update after the game's 1.44 update?
Will it only be a compatibility update or maybe we may expect some new content?
flight50

#1927 Post by flight50 » 27 Apr 2022 22:20

Good question. The last one was Adrian's stuff. But seems like we only get new roads late fall/early winter. We'll see.
Watermark

#1928 Post by Watermark » 13 May 2022 18:55

No 1.44 compatibility release until Promods 1.2 comes out ?
LATrucker

#1929 Post by LATrucker » 14 May 2022 12:39

For everyone who does not visit the ProMods Forums regularly - Adrian posted some new screenshots from Prince Rupert some time ago:

https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?p=334694#p334694
flight50

#1930 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2022 14:42

Funny you posted that. I was just on that forum last night and saw the updates. I do wonder if we'll get to ferry from Vancouver to Prince Rupert. Use what he has completed in the city and once the connection of the highway can connect, then we can travel by road. I hope that is the plan. Otherwise waiting for the entire road connection will take a couple years perhaps to do it all.

Return to “Maps”