[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Raysun1

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.0 updates and discussion

#1851 Post by Raysun1 » 23 Dec 2021 05:20

Pro Mods ATS 1.1.1 is rdy to download
Scaniadriver1

#1852 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 23 Dec 2021 05:39

hell yeah..thanks bro

and for the team...thanks for the update
horseman89

#1853 Post by horseman89 » 23 Dec 2021 08:27

Like @Trucker_71 said above I will probably give up on PM Canada and will remove it from all my profiles cause waiting for the heck knows what time till this map to be updated and then playing it for couple of weeks is not acceptable for me. Funniest thing is that PM Canada is not a big map (yet) it covers not much of teritory and for example Reforma is much larger map and they can update usually their map on couple of days since new patch come out. The same with @Mantrid C2C and his supporting CanaDream map he can update these maps in few days and people can play them not waiting the heck of a time till map will be updated. That is a little bit interesting why TEAM can't update their small map( specifically PM Canada) quickly(in couple of days - week) but some individs can update their bigger maps mutch faster... thats is interesting...
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
Grizzly

#1854 Post by Grizzly » 23 Dec 2021 09:10

Thanks for the update!
Vinnie Terranova

#1855 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Dec 2021 09:50

Thanks a lot for this update!
P.S. The ProMods Canada - Canadream Road Connection v1.1.0 still works without issues.
Tristman

#1856 Post by Tristman » 23 Dec 2021 12:10

Many thanks for the improved Sicamous and the repair shop in Pemberton!
bricksathome

#1857 Post by bricksathome » 23 Dec 2021 12:41

As you may have noticed, the ProMods Canada update for 1.43 is out now. Not too much in the way of new content but we do have the rebuilt gas station in Sicamous that is now much closer to it’s real life counterpart and easier to access for trucks

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Previous layout:
[ external image ]

New Layout:
[ external image ]

We would’ve liked to get the update out quickly as much as you guys would but with all the primary ATS developers (myself included) being incredibly busy irl in the run up to Christmas and the rest of the team trying to get ProMods 2.60 out the door for ETS2 as soon as possible, making Canada compatible took longer than we hoped.

To answer @Theosz, @horseman89 and @Vinnie Terranova, the Manifest files are locked intentionally to stop people using PM on a version of the game for which it wasn’t designed. Sure, ProMods Canada 1.0.3 did work on 1.43 if you changed the manifest files, but that was because 1.43 was probably the smallest update SCS has ever done in terms of technical changes to the single player game. The majority of the time ProMods will crash on a game update that it wasn’t designed for. If you has changed the manifests for ProMods Canada 1.1.0 to make it load on 1.43 you would have found that it crashes immediately upon loading, so even if the files were unlocked, it wouldn’t have helped for this version.

Also keep in mind that the people here, and the people that know about changing the manifest files are the absolute minority when it comes to people using mods. If the ProMods files weren’t locked to one version, we would be absolutely flooded with messages of “ProMods crashes in the latest version of the game” which at the very least would overflow our Forum/Discord/SM, but would also lead to people that used the fast download server complaining that they paid to download the mod quickly and it doesn’t even work. Simply put, we have to do everything we can to make sure ProMods doesn’t crash, having the version locked in the manifest is the best way to do that. The fact that the manifest file is locked behind the archive encryption on some of the ProMods files is an unintentional by product of us having to lock the files to protect the copyrighted material held within (the models and textures we create is the only part of the mod that we can technically copyright ourseleves, everything else technically belongs to SCS)
Developer For ProMods Canada
Scaniadriver1

#1858 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 23 Dec 2021 12:54

not neccessary to justify yourself and the team that is behind this project - real life comes always first before a release.
but to be honest ,thanks for the release from my end too 8-)

merry christmas to all of you guys
flight50

#1859 Post by flight50 » 23 Dec 2021 13:15

horseman89 wrote: 23 Dec 2021 08:27 Like @Trucker_71 said above I will probably give up on PM Canada and will remove it from all my profiles cause waiting for the heck knows what time till this map to be updated and then playing it for couple of weeks is not acceptable for me. Funniest thing is that PM Canada is not a big map (yet) it covers not much of teritory and for example Reforma is much larger map and they can update usually their map on couple of days since new patch come out. The same with @Mantrid C2C and his supporting CanaDream map he can update these maps in few days and people can play them not waiting the heck of a time till map will be updated. That is a little bit interesting why TEAM can't update their small map( specifically PM Canada) quickly(in couple of days - week) but some individs can update their bigger maps mutch faster... thats is interesting...
No one is forcing you to play PM Canada my friend. Its a free map. If one is complaining about a free map...there's nothing much anyone can say to you. More than anything, you sound a little sore about PM updates. Typically people with your tone, you all come back eventually anyways. You won't affect PM development. But if you read above your reply, the map is updated.

Reforma and Canada dream are decent maps. If you want to play them, that's your right. I won't touch either one. I rather wait for quality with minimal bugs and that is what ProMods stands for. The map might be small, but its great quality compared to others.

@bricksathome thanks for the update and for the perfect explanation as to why the files were locked. Pretty much solidifies my answer to locking the files. Everything is done for a reason and if the unlocking wasn't shared, it might have not been a big deal if it wasn't public on how to unlock files but someone would have exploited it eventually anyways perhaps. But getting flooded with messages of issues due to a non ProMod dev unlocking files, I can imagine the frustration. ProMods is at least trying to look after people as SCS tries. Backdoor patching isn't always a good thing. People loose files and get crashes and point the fingers everywhere else other than themselves. If the wrong person attempts to changes files that have no idea what they are doing due to unlocking files, they could loose everything and be pissed at the world.

I agree with @Scaniadriver1 Its the holidays and people have life outside of mods. Its a non paid hobby. Family, work, school, life in general comes before a mod. People just have to accept that or start learning to mod themselves. I can't mod and don't have time to learn how, so I just patiently wait it out. No rush for me.
IvanKuz

#1860 Post by IvanKuz » 23 Dec 2021 13:25

bricksathome wrote: 23 Dec 2021 12:41If you has changed the manifests for ProMods Canada 1.1.0 to make it load on 1.43 you would have found that it crashes immediately upon loading
I found no such issues ;)
horseman89 wrote: 23 Dec 2021 08:27Funniest thing is that PM Canada is not a big map (yet) it covers not much of teritory and for example Reforma is much larger map and they can update usually their map on couple of days since new patch come out. The same with @Mantrid C2C and his supporting CanaDream map he can update these maps in few days and people can play them not waiting the heck of a time till map will be updated. That is a little bit interesting why TEAM can't update their small map( specifically PM Canada) quickly(in couple of days - week) but some individs can update their bigger maps mutch faster... thats is interesting...
Apples to oranges. The ProMods team actually cares about quality over quantity.

Return to “Maps”