[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
OMNI

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.1 updates and discussion

#1901 Post by OMNI » 17 Mar 2022 14:16

plykkegaard is right. All IKEA prefabs are already modified in ProMods Europe although there are more than one prefabs present in PM Europe for Ikea. The other one is a smaller prefab. Here is an example from Helsinki, Finland which is very similar to the one in Vancouver, BC:

[ external image ]

@flight50 I know what thread this is. I am not blind. You are more than welcome to consult here to see if I have ProMods. I really don't understand the point of making an exception for Vancouver. First and foremost, the IKEA-IKA Bohag thing has been like that for ages. Secondly, I said "ATS doesn't have IKA Bohag" because all the real company mods out there for ATS only modify the vanilla prefabs. If it were changed to IKA Bohag and someone used a real company mod in addition, then, probably that player would come up and ask why it isn't an IKEA whilst all the companies around were real either under this thread or to the creator of that real company mod. Thirdly, why "Port of Vancouver" in Delta, BC isn't a problem whereas "IKEA" is a problem and why no one asks to change it to "Sierra Lines" or "Port of San Francisco"? Last but not least, it is the devs' decision and judgment in the end.

Please do not forget to apply cold water to the burned area.

Best regards,
Yellow ranger since 2.60
ProMods Developer since 2.63
plykkegaard

#1902 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Mar 2022 14:48

Sorry I am very confused
Is the company PM added in Vancouver, BC Ikea or IKA ?
It shouldn't be IKA as PM has all the needed 3D objects to present the company with Ikea livery

Changes done by other modders are irrelevant imho
Some uses Ikea and somes uses IKA Bohag

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
OMNI

#1903 Post by OMNI » 17 Mar 2022 14:59

@plykkegaard That image is from Helsinki, Finland in a profile in which only ProMods Europe is activated (without Trailer & Company Pack)

If you are asking for the one in Vancouver, BC; here:

[ external image ]

I also think that other mods are irrelevant but there are still many who does not remember this fact.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
ProMods Developer since 2.63
plykkegaard

#1904 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Mar 2022 15:05

Yep mod would be made for vanilla game and Ika Bohag will be used

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#1905 Post by flight50 » 17 Mar 2022 15:48

OMNI wrote: 17 Mar 2022 14:16 plykkegaard is right. All IKEA prefabs are already modified in ProMods Europe although there are more than one prefabs present in PM Europe for Ikea. The other one is a smaller prefab. Here is an example from Helsinki, Finland which is very similar to the one in Vancouver, BC:

@flight50 I know what thread this is. I am not blind. You are more than welcome to consult here to see if I have ProMods.
Slow your roll. You're barking up the wrong tree. Glad you can see though. Now comprehend my words. If you have ProMods IKA Bohag/IKEA represents the same thing is my point. Real company or parody, we all know what it represents. Real or fake is irrelevant. Either company represents the same thing. That's like arguing there is no Walmart in ATS. We all know Wallbert is representing Walmart. That is why I said this is the ProMods thread. Now comprehend this. If you are outside of this thread and in ATS discussion threads or any other place, then yes your point is valid stating that ATS does not have Ikea/IKA Bohag. Not sure how else to state it in similar terms when inside this particular thread.
Nee__

#1906 Post by Nee__ » 17 Mar 2022 16:09

Gee stay chill, I was just saying that from the perspective of someone who isnt that much into "real company mods" and whatnot
Tristman

#1907 Post by Tristman » 19 Mar 2022 23:51

Just a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to add a rest area near the western most border, but when going south? There is a truck parking on the Canada side of the border crossing going south, but it's not functional (where the current location arrow is in the picture). Heading north through the same border crossing, there are two rest areas which are both functional. It would be nice to drive from Hope or Vancouver to the US and being able to stop for the night at the border, rather than having to leave the highway in Bellingham.
Attachments
Untitled.png
clifflandmark

#1908 Post by clifflandmark » 25 Mar 2022 13:20

I want to go on hauling but I don't want to delete my 30 MN $ profile to add ProMods. What should I do ? What happens if I keep using my old save with ProMods installed ATS? We've been talked before but I still don't know whether old profiles cause errors or they don't. It seems there is no error unless I buy garages in Canada ?? Could it cause any other error ?
plykkegaard

#1909 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Mar 2022 15:35

You can use more than one profile
Always fun to start a new profile
Sure you can't get what you wan't but it is part of the game

GamePro1337

#1910 Post by GamePro1337 » 25 Mar 2022 21:36

I, for one, was able to add ProMods without resetting my profile. No errors.

Return to “Maps”