[REL] PaZzMod (Legacy) V 1.4.07 | ATS 1.46

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
luetze

Re: [REL][WIP] PaZzMod V 1.4.01 | Imperial County, East Riverside County, La Paz County, Yuma, Mexicali, San Luis R.C.

#651 Post by luetze » 23 Feb 2021 10:26

@Digital X I'm with you here and absolutely fine with the descision to merge all Reforma maps and PaZzmod into one. It makes a lot of sense for the creators and for those of us who like to use the Mexiacan maps too.

Sorry for all the guys who like to have the maps seperately. Give it a try and then decide if it might be a good thing after all.
Travismods

Re: [REL][WIP] PaZzMod V 1.4.01 | Imperial County, East Riverside County, La Paz County, Yuma, Mexicali, San Luis R.C.

#652 Post by Travismods » 23 Feb 2021 12:15

luetze wrote: 23 Feb 2021 10:26 @Digital X I'm with you here and absolutely fine with the descision to merge all Reforma maps and PaZzmod into one. It makes a lot of sense for the creators and for those of us who like to use the Mexiacan maps too.

Sorry for all the guys who like to have the maps seperately. Give it a try and then decide if it might be a good thing after all.
As stated above, I think most are actually fine with consolidation of these mods as long as at least one non-Mexico alternative is offered. I don't think there are many of us that find it entertaining to manage 5 map mods, load orders etc when we could have one, I think we all agree that that would be pretty convenient and I really get where Reforma is coming from there. I'll go so far as to say I think most people have been waiting to get over the hassle with 5 or more map mods.

However, forcing a huge mod-only non-US sector on the user base that most are not interested in is a different thing, a section that would be error prone for users not even using it, thats a liability to the whole mod, that feels like where it gets "overcentralized" in that it will create more problems than it would solve. I really think you have to draw the line somewhere, if Reforma did Central or even South America, do they include that too? I wouldn't want it in any case. I think the best middle-ground would be to simply have 2 different alternatives, instead of having 5 different mods or 1 single mod that must include Mexico. It seems overkill. Just offer a non-Mexico alternative to this one big consolidated mod. I dont think many oppose having the Pazz and Sierra Nevada sectors in the same mod really. Just split the mod in half, its much more a consolidation to have two alternatives, where only one is used at a time, than to have 5 different ones or 1 single forced-include-all-of-Mexico alternative.
Last edited by Travismods on 23 Feb 2021 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Digital X

#653 Post by Digital X » 23 Feb 2021 12:32

I get what you're saying @koolizz

So, currently we can choose to run just Viva Mexico, or another map mod etc (you understand what I mean?). But once they merge they are forced to either run it all, or nothing.

The only other option I can see here is to keep updating the maps and keep them seperate, as well as merging them into one so then people have a choice.

For example, in a shop you can choose to buy 5 apples loosely, or 5 in a bag together. They both exist and people can choose either or.
Vinnie Terranova

#654 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Feb 2021 12:41

koolizz wrote: 23 Feb 2021 12:15However, forcing a huge mod-only non-US sector on the user base that most are not interested in
How do you know that most are not interested? Or is it just a feeling? Your feeling?
Travismods

#655 Post by Travismods » 23 Feb 2021 13:01

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 23 Feb 2021 12:41
koolizz wrote: 23 Feb 2021 12:15However, forcing a huge mod-only non-US sector on the user base that most are not interested in
How do you know that most are not interested? Or is it just a feeling? Your feeling?
After reading these threads for a while and seeing what people are saying, yes, that is my feeling. If you have empirical data backing up the contrary please present it. Until then, I'll keep believing that most people do not want a 100 % mod-area created error prone Mexico-addition to this game, as its focus has been US from the start even for map mods with the exception of Canada by Promods just recently. Then again you can't really compare adding Canada to adding Mexico as there are more similarities with Canada such as road signs, companies, language, regulations etc. Then yet again Canada is not forced on as a non-US section by any other map mod.
Last edited by Travismods on 23 Feb 2021 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Marcello Julio

#656 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 Feb 2021 13:48

I see that a lot of you are drawing hasty conclusions about this. You need to wait for the official announcement.
Travismods

#657 Post by Travismods » 23 Feb 2021 14:29

Marcello Julio wrote: 23 Feb 2021 13:48 I see that a lot of you are drawing hasty conclusions about this. You need to wait for the official announcement.
Nobody is making any conclusions, only discussing what we'd like to see is all :)
Last edited by Travismods on 23 Feb 2021 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Frenchman

#658 Post by Frenchman » 23 Feb 2021 15:29

@Marcello Julio. On the contrary, it's the right time to talk about it before the official announcement. After all, we have a lot to say about what we'd like and it's thanks to all of us and the modders that this game is popular. This way, their decision will be much more enlightened, trying to satisfy a large audience whenever it is possible for them of course.
System : Republic of Gamers, Windows 11 64Bits, 21H2
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @2,80 GHz, 8 of 8 Cores 2801 MHz, CPU setting : @3,70 GHz
Memory : 32 Go, 4233 MHz
Graphic : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, GPU Memory : 6Go, 120 Hz, DirectX V.12
Leveq

#659 Post by Leveq » 23 Feb 2021 16:20

Gimme one big mod pls, makes it easier. The more (somewhat quality) stuff the better. Just like in real life, if you dont want to go to Mexico you dont have to :P

Return to “Maps”