[REL] PaZzMod (Legacy) V 1.4.07 | ATS 1.46

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Rafaelkai

Re: [REL][WIP] PaZzMod V 1.4.01 | Imperial County, East Riverside County, La Paz County, Yuma, Mexicali, San Luis R.C.

#661 Post by Rafaelkai » 23 Feb 2021 18:18

All of Reforma's work is on par with PaZz's stuff, in my opinion. Their approach is very similar to ProMods for ETS2 and I prefer it that way.
Marcello Julio

Re: [REL][WIP] PaZzMod V 1.4.01 | Imperial County, East Riverside County, La Paz County, Yuma, Mexicali, San Luis R.C.

#662 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 Feb 2021 19:08

I am looking forward to the new version of México Extremo and that will finally connect with the United States without depend of the Viva México. The Reforma team has been working a great job in terms of editing and detailing. What PaZz does is a great job that comes close to what the Reforma team does. I particularly don't have problem with this merge.
Ludo Diabolo

#663 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 23 Feb 2021 19:36

@Leveq

Maybe we can simply not drive it, but we will be forced to put it in our mods, and if it still contains as many errors as the current version, well it will fill our Log with errors that we may not want ! ! !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
PaZz_

#664 Post by PaZz_ » 24 Feb 2021 10:47

There's now an official announcement of the consolidation that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=296592

I can understand why some may tend to not to like the idea of such an consolidation. In fact the quality varies a lot throughout the map. VivaMexico was a very outdated map, Mexssimap also with lower quality. They can't come close to what we could bring today. Though their areas will be reworked eventually. Several people are working on Baja California & BC Sur for example, which might result in a replacement of all older content by 2023. Including the oldest parts is still controversial though, even inside the team. Some corridors are required to provide proper connection, removing cities with garages might spam errors in console of people who already had those mods enabled in their profiles, but we struggle with the quality.

I've decided to join Reforma for a simple benefit: Far less maintenance.
Every time we update, every time SCS updates, we need to keep compatibility between ourselves. That means patching together the newer content in all border regions of each mod, placing dead end barriers again to make mods also work standalone. Modding isn't just mapping. There are definitions of states, cities, companies, speed limits, license plates, semaphores and more which most of them have to exist in several mods to get them working alone, but also being overwritable by other mods to keep them compatible. We've been doing this through the last year and tbh it has been painful work. And this is also why you can't just draw a line on the US border. it's not how the game map works. For me personally this is effort I'm not able to come by. I want to produce new content, work on the map and not on some nasty patching. I need to finish my Bachelor's degree this year as well, so the annoying work is just stuff I don't want (and can't) spend any extra time on.
Now we can focus on the map, the "real" work, the "art" :) . With all definitions being centralized we liberated ourselves from that work. And we can share our experience and knowledge, as well as our strengths across the active projects on the map. A lot will happen in Southern Arizona to say the least ;)

That being said I'm looking forward to the future. And I hope you do as well. If you don't like the outdated areas existing on the map or if you don't want to see Mexico at all, well I guess we can't help you with that. This decision is the only one to make sense from a modding standpoint. We know to not be able to make everyone happy. But when you love some of the content, you may close an eye or two for the flaws.
So far speaking for PaZzMod: Thanks for downloading, thanks for playing, thanks for the support!
Vinnie Terranova

#665 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 24 Feb 2021 11:50

@PaZz_ I really want to thank you for all your effort you put in one of the most immersing ATS map mods ever, and for providing your mod for free to us. I wish you good luck with your additions to the new Reforma Map 1.0. I'm really looking forward to this new map project!
Marcello Julio

#666 Post by Marcello Julio » 24 Feb 2021 12:47

I know as PaZz work must be when SCS releases an update. Update the map for a standalone version and make the compatibility patches with each version of the map is really a big job. The union in a single mod certainly facilitates this, because everyone works together and each one in a region and there are no delays with this. I know that now with this union, things from now on only tend to be better and with an even more incredible quality! Thanks PaZz and good luck with this new project :)
GT182

#667 Post by GT182 » 24 Feb 2021 21:28

PaZz_, your new map is going to be even better by the looks of it with the added cities. Tho it would be great if we could drive from across Mexico thru Tecate to Tijuana, and not have to go back up into CA to San Diego then down to Tijuana.

You've done some super work on this mod with additions and keeping up with SCS' updates. The mod will only get better working with Reforma. My thanks and appreciation too PaZz_.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Grizzly

#668 Post by Grizzly » 24 Feb 2021 21:45

Makes sense to me, looking forward to the new mod!
MercilessFir

#669 Post by MercilessFir » 27 Feb 2021 13:19

@PaZz_ your mod and Reforma makes ATS that much better. Combining the mods makes sense and should foster cooperation amongst the team! ATS was boring, lacking variety and sterile without these mods.

Lastly, good luck obtaining your degree.
Kiriasta

#670 Post by Kiriasta » 04 Mar 2021 05:55

Thanks for your effort bringing us the excellent map mod so far, looking forward to your new teamwork!!
Play ETS2 from 2012, ATS from 2020
Sorry for my poor English!

Return to “Maps”