Road to the Black Sea Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2061 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 May 2020 19:14

Speed limit bugs had been all over all roads since the base map and there still are a good amount of them. That's why the forum is full of speed limit bugs reports they keep fixing. So, isn't good to see they keep releasing DLCs with them but it's not an evidence that last DLC has been more rushed than others.

Time ago I saw a user to suggest a way to try to automate the search for those kind of bugs. At first glance it seemed a nice idea, but without knowing the internal data structure of the roadmap of the game I can't say if it was a practical idea.
dahaka

#2062 Post by dahaka » 06 May 2020 22:05

Nope, Romania is not the only one, weird choice of roads for Bulgaria aswell. Namely road 1/E79. They omited this main road to add road 81, which is slower, and in worse conditions IRL and which no international truckers take.....

Otherwise the DLC is of very high quality, and I'm overall satisfied. They didn't abandon it, special transport will come at some point. But it's a tough time for everyone now, including SCS, and they have their hands full with Iberia. So I give them a break for now.
Some newbie driver

#2063 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 May 2020 23:20

Last special transport routes update arrived like 6 months after the Baltics map release; so we are approx "in time" and considering the situation isn't strange the delay. BTW they included a lot of extra routes, more than a 25% extra ones regarding previous amount, and not just on the last DLC but all along the map. I'm eager waiting the new batch of routes.

Regards
jackalnxt

#2064 Post by jackalnxt » 07 May 2020 05:26

Personally, I'm happy they added 1/E79. Sure, most truckers probably won't use it IRL, but I see it as a way to represent the various mountain passes in the country. And since we didn't get the Shipka pass, the Petrohan pass seemed like the only viable alternative.
Knightrider

#2065 Post by Knightrider » 02 Aug 2020 21:23

I bit late to the party, finally spent some proper time with this DLC, did all the achievements and explored all the roads. Its a looker indeed, visual quality is top.notch but boy, the whole constant villages with its 50 km limits, constantly braking.. drove me crazy.. wont fault SCS since it seems accurate to real life...I guess trucking in Romania is not much fun. :lol:

I generally didnt enjoy much the driving in this DLC like I appreciated its' gorgeous scenery and towns. But it is what it is, I dont think its a bad dlc by any means. It just didnt click with me.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
cip

#2066 Post by cip » 18 Aug 2020 08:13

Knightrider wrote: 02 Aug 2020 21:23 visual quality is top.notch but boy, the whole constant villages with its 50 km limits, constantly braking.. drove me crazy.. wont fault SCS since it seems accurate to real life...I guess trucking in Romania is not much fun. :lol:
wait to see how is to drive in reality, but truckers are doing just fine, they use a communication system to avoid radars (usually a police car more and less hidden) therefore they can drive 80 km/h in most of the villages :lol: as a car driver is then safe to drive behind a truck with no worries. Waze app is also widely used, however it cannot be 100% safe since someone must be the first to report a radar. there are also anti-radar devices but Police got smarter, they place their car in a place with high visibility and only turn on the radar when they visually see a speeding car coming and it's in the radar's range

about the map, after driving a bit more in the last days, although the scenery is beautiful (really Bran castle area looks very real), I finally arrived to Bucharest for the first time and I was disappointed! cities from the base map or very first map DLC like Vienna and Budapest look better. not a single iconic building for Bucharest, that hold some world records is not on the map. what SCS placed on the map has nothing or almost nothing to do with Bucharest :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
IvanKuz

#2067 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Aug 2020 08:49

Not that I know anything about Bucharest IRL, but the game only includes the industrial and retail areas on the very outskirts of the city. Are those areas not represented true to life? If so, that's a different issue, but I don't think you should expect to have iconic buildings of the city center be visible from there.
cip

#2068 Post by cip » 18 Aug 2020 09:12

this building (google images) is visible from the moon!!!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
IvanKuz

#2069 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Aug 2020 09:24

lmao, here are the driveable in-game areas of the city with it in the background:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Shiva

#2070 Post by Shiva » 18 Aug 2020 14:36

Yeah, it might be visible from the moon, but I am not sure at all that it is visible from the bridge.

Does it show from this 1?
Direction to the target should be in mid picture.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”