Road to the Black Sea Discussion

SenseFM

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#2201 Post by SenseFM » 07 Jan 2022 17:39

The area of Sardinia is about 71% of Moldova's surface, so the difference in size is not that high. But I think the main difficulty on adding Moldova is due to Transnistria, an unrecognised breakaway state that exists in the eastern borders of the country. I think SCS Software prefers to avoid the controversy on the addition of contested territories, since Kosovo appears as a dashed line in the in-game map, which shows a neutral position on the matter.
Trucker Nik

#2202 Post by Trucker Nik » 08 Jan 2022 07:25

Kosovo is shown as a dashed line on google maps, so scs does not take a neutral position, but only does what it sees on google maps
oldmanclippy

#2203 Post by oldmanclippy » 10 Jan 2022 14:16

A dashed line is as neutral as possible. It is an acknowledgement that there is disagreement about where/if the border should lie, but does not pick one side or the other. An absence of a dashed line or the existence of a solid line in its place would not be neutral. That is all I will say on the matter to avoid breaking the rules.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
jackalnxt

#2206 Post by jackalnxt » 31 Jan 2022 07:43

I've been hoping for a ferry link between Bulgaria and Romania to be included since release. There might not be room for Ruse probably, but there is plenty of room for Silistra and Oryahovo.
Aziz

#2207 Post by Aziz » 31 Jan 2022 10:44

Moldova is not in RttBS because They're literally cut off from the Black Sea by meters, thanks to Ukraine.

Speaking of ferry, yeah, I was wondering that just yesterday, there's no bridge across the river except for the crossings we already have in the game. And that's a long way. I wouldn't mind a ferry somewhere in the middle, but that would require some new stretches of roads there.
jackalnxt

#2208 Post by jackalnxt » 01 Feb 2022 10:29

Of the two I suggested, Silistra would be the more logical choice since it would require the least amount of of work. Calarsi is already made on the Romanian side and would only require a road to the ferry itself. And it's not that far from Ruse to Silistra, but still enough for nice scenery. Oryahovo has a road leading to it, but the town will have to be made from scratch, and the Romanian side will need a lot more mapping, not just Beket; though I imagine a lot of people would approve of more roads there.

Return to “General discussion about the game”