The roof of the high desert.

[ external image ]
Somewhere in the valley of the Yakima.

[ external image ]
Windmill, windmill, for the land / Turn forever, hand in hand

[ external image ]
Whatcom country.

[ external image ]
Superliner to Chicago and wood chips to Naches.

[ external image ]
empty

And now for a funny one:
[ external image ]
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

The truck ahead and the bus had a collision, and somehow the bus just went flying.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
rbsanford

Re: The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

#23 Post by rbsanford » 20 Sep 2019 07:13

[ external image ]
Vegas may be a pain to drive through, but the scenery holds up. I can't help but take screenshots every time I'm in this city.

[ external image ]
Welcome to New Mexico.

[ external image ]
On Route 66 in the east of Gallup. Does anyone here know what that structure on the hogback behind the locomotive is? I've been wondering since NM came out.

[ external image ]
Above the Caballo Reservoir on I-25 north of Las Cruces.

[ external image ]
Let's take a moment to appreciate US 84, which is, in my opinion, among the top five most scenic roads in ATS.

And now for one from the archives:

[ external image ]
Racing the Rachel Lights, getting ready to storm Area 51.

Handy maps and diagrams.

rbsanford

#24 Post by rbsanford » 27 Dec 2022 07:09

I keep taking way too many ATS screenshots, so I figured I'd start sharing more often.

[ external image ]
Dawn in the cotton fields east of Seminole. I have to make my way to OR 78 for this year's Christmas photo by job-hopping, but only with gifts. This first job is from San Angelo to Artesia.

[ external image ]
After Artesia to Pueblo, the next gift delivery is to Grand Canyon Village. I chose to take the scenic route, via US 160, here at North La Veta Pass.

[ external image ]
Stopping to see the sunrise at the Grand Canyon. Arizona's portion of the Colorado Plateau is lacking in the game, but with last year's new lighting, it's actually pretty beautiful, despite being a little crusty.

[ external image ]
Next was from Grand Canyon Village to Camp Verde. From there it was on to Price; here's a scene from that job, on UT 9 west of Hurricane.

[ external image ]
I then went from Price to Evanston, then from there to Elko, and on to Olympia, which finally took me to "Christmas Point," where I've been taking a picture with the Christmas event trailer every year since 2018. The location itself isn't very special; I just took a screenshot there one year, then happened to take a similar one in the same spot by accident the year after, and from then on it's been a tradition:

[ external image ]
The original Christmas Point photo, 2018.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Handy maps and diagrams.

rbsanford

#25 Post by rbsanford » 04 Feb 2023 06:35

[ external image ]
After briefly visiting the West Coast again, it's time to head back inland. Here's a scene from a job to Missoula, where I had to detour along the "Billion Dollar Highway" (the Lookout Pass-Thompson Falls road) to drop off a couple gifts for the albino spider-people of the abandoned mines.

[ external image ]
The albino spider-people added some gifts as well for the above-world to enjoy: mucus-covered eggs that will hatch into Lovecraftian abominations, cursed amulets from the underworld below the Spanish Peaks, and bootleg copies of "Oceans 12" on Blu-Ray.

[ external image ]
In the watershed of Hudson's Bay, just after taking a load of gifts out of Kalispell along the scenic route.

[ external image ]
Resting at Conrad.

[ external image ]
Heading south out of Rock Springs, just past Minnie's Gate on US 191, which also marks the border with Utah.

[ external image ]
With that last load of gifts dropped off at Grand Junction, it's time to fill in some bits of grey road along I-70. Here's the sunset in De Beque Canyon, where I'll get some rest before going east only to bounce back to the Grand Valley.

[ external image ]
Updated for 2022: the approximate location of every screenshot I've taken. It looks even more interesting without the map layer, which shows what areas of the map are the most scenic at a glance.

Handy maps and diagrams.

Return to “Game”