Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
seth_haveron

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

#201 Post by seth_haveron » 27 Aug 2021 21:48

Trucker_71 wrote: 27 Aug 2021 16:47 @seth_haveron LOL, then you're doing it wrong.
actualy i followed the instructions step by setp , bit by bit ...

as always like in the cooking shows nobody tells you about missing plugins , presets , shortcuts , datafiles and all the preparations you have to do beforehand.

and then you wonder why you missing about 80% of all the options that poping up in this tutorial you watching.
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.
weejohn67

#202 Post by weejohn67 » 28 Aug 2021 22:08

if i can use Modstudio2 then anyone can, i might not be good at it but can create acceptable skins that i like
if you join the discord, and watch the the You Tube videos you can learn about what you complain about
then you can share your creations to the forum and be judged
Sorry English is my 1st language , i am just bad at spellin :D

WOT https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/18729
Carsmaniac

#203 Post by Carsmaniac » 02 Sep 2021 00:46

@seth_haveron If you're having trouble making a paintjob, I made a detailed walkthrough video showing how to make a paintjob mod from scratch, using a different program called Paintjob Packer.
seth_haveron

#204 Post by seth_haveron » 03 Sep 2021 15:56

Carsmaniac wrote: 02 Sep 2021 00:46 @seth_haveron If you're having trouble making a paintjob, I made a detailed walkthrough video showing how to make a paintjob mod from scratch, using a different program called Paintjob Packer.
I'm an engineer and not a rocket scientist
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.
pete_agreatguy

#205 Post by pete_agreatguy » 16 Sep 2021 12:40

Hi @Carsmaniac , having a slight issue with a SCS Box curtainsider side skirt (long). Can I clarify that your template for this accessory is the correct size or is this a mapping issue on SCS's part?

Thank you in advanced.

EDIT: Disregard ... there is a mapping issue which has been reported by mohegan. He also released a temporary fix :) See thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=247&p=1608175
Please check out my mods, ty 8-) WoT :)

Mods Studio 2 Dev (create mods the easy way)

Enthoo Pro TG, SS 850W Plat, Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, AMD 5700X, 32GB 3600mhz, Sapphire 7800XT 16GB, Kingston & Samsung nvme, Win 10 Pro x64
OMNI

#206 Post by OMNI » 04 Oct 2021 18:47

Hello @Carsmaniac! I don't know if it is already answered but for the psd versions, are the templates already set to 4K or do we have to do it on our own? Thank you in advance.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
ProMods Developer since 2.63
pete_agreatguy

#207 Post by pete_agreatguy » 04 Oct 2021 20:08

Already in 4k.
Please check out my mods, ty 8-) WoT :)

Mods Studio 2 Dev (create mods the easy way)

Enthoo Pro TG, SS 850W Plat, Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, AMD 5700X, 32GB 3600mhz, Sapphire 7800XT 16GB, Kingston & Samsung nvme, Win 10 Pro x64
SchmidtFG

#208 Post by SchmidtFG » 08 Oct 2021 18:50

Hello Carsmaniac,

Great template pack, it helped me a lot making my first truck skin mod.
However, you wrote you added the Mighty Griffin templates too, sadly I haven't found them yet in the directories.
What I really do need is the Thor stoneguard template for Scania R 2009, can you tell me where to find this specific one?

You also wrote in the txts that some of older trucks got problem with proper uv map (for sun visors and mirrors) and since I modding the Scania R 2009 I'm also suffering to make a basic sunshield mod.
Is it a core problem, i.e. SCS got to correct it or simply exporting problem, bug, etc?

Thanks in advance, and any help or hint about sunshield modding would be appreciated.

~Regards
Carsmaniac

#209 Post by Carsmaniac » 09 Oct 2021 00:20

@SchmidtFG Some of the Mighty Griffin parts are included in the main template (e.g. the paintable Front Mask), and some have their own separate templates (all of the parts in the Accessories folder are Mighty Griffin parts). As for the stoneguards, none of the MG stoneguards are paintable as they're all chrome, so they don't have templates. If you have a paintable Thor stoneguard, it might be added by a mod.

And you're correct about the sun visor, it doesn't have a proper UV map. To paint the sun visor (and main mirrors) on the R 2009, you need to paint the bottom left corner of the template. For example if your texture looks like this, the truck will look like this. There's no way to put a detailed design/logo/text on them, you can only make them a solid colour. This is because of the way SCS created the trucks, and there's no way to change it on a paint job, aside from using a mod that adds additional mirrors/sun visors. Some of the older models are lower quality, and since the R 2009 has been in the game since it launched, it unfortunately has this issue. You'll have to work around it by making a paint job with solid-coloured sun visors and mirrors.

Hope this helps!
SchmidtFG

#210 Post by SchmidtFG » 09 Oct 2021 12:21

@Carsmaniac: "As for the stoneguards, none of the MG stoneguards are paintable as they're all chrome, so they don't have templates."
Yes, I tried to modify an MG stoneguard now I know why there was no result... Is there any tutorial about creating solid painted stoneguards/sun visors? Got no luck on internet.

"There's no way to put a detailed design/logo/text on them"
This is exactly what I wanted to do. Again, now I know why there was no result...

One way or another, thank you very much for your reply and the details you shared, You already provided me more information in a second than the whole net in a week.

Best Regards

Return to “Skins”