Adjustable Cruise Control Updates for ETS2

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
anasf23s

Re: Adjustable Cruise Control Updates for ETS2

#141 Post by anasf23s » 22 Apr 2022 06:55

Can I get some talks here about Adaptive Cruise Control in 1.44 open beta? :D
abasstreppas

#142 Post by abasstreppas » 22 Apr 2022 09:45

@anasf23s Bookmark this pastebin page were the latest updates are posted ;)
Josh0

#143 Post by Josh0 » 22 Apr 2022 12:41

@anasf23s, I did notice some new variables in the game profile's config.cfg file, "g_acc" and "g_acc_sense", which seem like Adaptive Cruise Control. But I didn't see anything about it mentioned in the features list on the blog so I assume it is work-in-progress.
Madkine
Global moderator

#144 Post by Madkine » 22 Apr 2022 12:44

It's discussed in the 1.44 thread and yes is active, but still work in progress. There's also an emergency brake parameter.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
anasf23s

#145 Post by anasf23s » 25 Apr 2022 03:37

@abasstreppas I'm talking about Adaptive Cruise Control hidden feature in 1.44 beta :D

@josh0247 Yes, I know that new config line too from some YouTuber. I hope SCS doesn't change their API code related to cruise control, I ever read somewhere that Adjustable Cruise Control can work because some API code from SDK that open for third-party software.

@Madkine But I want discuss that here, because, imagine we will get Adjustable Cruise Control that can auto adjust speed limit & Adaptive Cruise Control will handle the speed to the car in front of you. That will be perfect match :D

Wondering why SCS hide this new line code, is that ever happen before? Or that mean, no guarantee it will be implemented in 1.44 update?
Last edited by anasf23s on 25 Apr 2022 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Madkine
Global moderator

#146 Post by Madkine » 25 Apr 2022 04:46

As per their comments, it's still experimental.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

abasstreppas

#147 Post by abasstreppas » 25 Apr 2022 09:31

@anasf23s got that a little bit too late, lol
Duke49th

#148 Post by Duke49th » 04 Jun 2022 19:12

Hi.

I couldn't find much info.

Can someone kindly explain me what this is all about? What does adjustable CC compared to the ingame adjustable CC?
I do not really understand the difference. And looking at the setup procedure, I don't want to go through this without knowing the benefits/difference :D Good lord is that a long procedure :D

Thanks in advance :)
Josh0

#149 Post by Josh0 » 04 Jun 2022 23:18

Duke49th wrote: 04 Jun 2022 19:12 Can someone kindly explain me what this is all about?
This thread is not really about the ACC application itself, it is only a place to share update files for people that already have the ACC application. Each time SCS updates their game executable file a new update to ACC is needed. The original thread about the ACC application was removed from the forum by request of the author. If you wish you can read some of the documentation from the source code repository here. Development of the software was discontinued several years ago.
Duke49th wrote: 04 Jun 2022 19:12 And looking at the setup procedure, I don't want to go through this without knowing the benefits/difference :D Good lord is that a long procedure :D
To which "setup procedure" are you referring? The "Apply game update files to ACC" procedure or "Tutorial for generating your own ACC game update files" procedure? Everybody who uses the ACC application needs to know the first procedure, the second procedure is only if you want to generate your own update files. To date I or another user have been providing the update files.
Madkine
Global moderator

#150 Post by Madkine » 05 Jun 2022 02:13

@Duke49th And to answer your questions:

Cruise control enables you to set a speed for your vehicle to travel at
Adjustable cruise control is the same except that your vehicle also reacts to the speed of the vehicle in front of you and will slow down and speed up as needed without you needing to do anything.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Return to “Others”