ATS concept map (fanmade)

Guguz

Re: ATS concept map (fanmade)

#1201 Post by Guguz » 14 Jun 2022 11:16

Oh i see,it seems a great alternative,thank you
flight50

#1202 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2022 14:36

Another option to get in a little more CA-99 is go all the way thru Chico and get to CA-70. CA-70 takes us all the way to US-395. Its more curvy road so probably easier to squeeze in. I'm willing to bet that Reno get relocated a bit Northeast when its time for it to get reworked so US-395 gets altered anyways. That could make CA-70 valid.

Either way, adding Chico is a plus. But provide 2 ways into it no matter what.
ads678

#1203 Post by ads678 » 15 Jun 2022 19:00

Updated to 1.45.
Guguz wrote: 13 Jun 2022 21:17 @ads678 i think that in the missing roads map you should add the "famous" CA-99,both north and south of Sacramento imho
I actually added that road, but didn't like how it looked, so I decided to hide it for now. Not sure if there is a space for CA-99, especially after update 1.44. @flight50 has some interesting ideas, I haven't really thought about it yet.
flight50

#1204 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2022 19:44

At this point, Chico is the new Cody. Northern California is pretty solid and dense but it too can be improved with more economy. I'd like to see California expressed as the 2nd densest road network state behind Texas. Its base map and people that buy it would gobble that up. By the time SCS completely rebuilds all the base map states and starts maintenance on the paid dlc's, ATS could be 5-8 states deeper beyond the 2022 maps and that gives more reason for newcomers to support ATS.

So making a denser base map would be great with some of the red and blue roads. California can get a lot more East of CA-99, Southern California and CA-99 even if its partial.
Tristman

#1205 Post by Tristman » 15 Jun 2022 20:20

I think the addition of Chico would be nice, but seeing where they are with the California rebuild, I would say keep it until later (when/if they add more roads to existing DLC). I think getting through the rest of California and reworking the I-80 corridor in Nevada takes priority, and Northern California is fine for now.
That said, I do like the plan to have CA-99 go from I-5 to Chico, and then take another SR all the way to Susanville. I think the Sierra Nevada mod might have had that road? I at least remember driving through the mountains to end up in Susanville before SCS reworked any part of California.
flight50

#1206 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2022 20:57

Oh no doubt put it in the back pocket. It not hurting for it but it sure makes California better. As more industry come, these can go to the base map. Any new depot type can be used anywhere. I just hope some rebranding goes into it.
Calibuddy99

#1207 Post by Calibuddy99 » 16 Jun 2022 08:54

Tristman wrote: 15 Jun 2022 20:20 I think the addition of Chico would be nice, but seeing where they are with the California rebuild, I would say keep it until later (when/if they add more roads to existing DLC). I think getting through the rest of California and reworking the I-80 corridor in Nevada takes priority, and Northern California is fine for now.
That said, I do like the plan to have CA-99 go from I-5 to Chico, and then take another SR all the way to Susanville. I think the Sierra Nevada mod might have had that road? I at least remember driving through the mountains to end up in Susanville before SCS reworked any part of California.
Hey! That would be like the old Us expansion mod by p16 or whatever his username was. But instead it's the eastern section of Route 32 instead of the western one. And the replacement for the western section could be CA-99 out of Chico going north and then use South ave to get to I-5. I also like the idea of having Route 70. I would want to have Oroville too except I don't think there is enough room for it to be even a scenery city. I wish I could make map mods, but I've actually tried out the editor myself, and can only place some roads and prefabs. If I could make a proper map mod, It would add Chico and Yuba City, and possibly Oroville if it would fit. I wish there was a way to get the chico and Yuba city from that Us Expansion mod. I would try to make a connection to the current map if I could.
EDIT: I decided that I am going to make a revival of that mod. It is a WIP.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Calibuddy99

#1208 Post by Calibuddy99 » 28 Jun 2022 04:12

@ads678 You should add the section of CA 99 from stockton to Sacramento on the map of areas that should be added in the base game. I would suggest you make it red, because it really needs to exist.
flight50

#1209 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2022 06:25

With I-5 closely parallel, CA-99 is not needed, its desired by us all. Need would mean a massive detour without it. It does break the link but we can still get from Sacramento with fairly barely any extra time. CA-99 would be a blue line on ads678's map.
Calibuddy99

#1210 Post by Calibuddy99 » 28 Jun 2022 07:47

@flight50 Yeah you are right, But whenever I go from places south of Sacramento into Sacramento, I always use 99 instead of I-5. It can be a blue. I think that this map should have a green line, which would mean be really nice to have. I would make it that. I think that SCS should add 99 from Stockton to Sacramento, and then through Chico and Yuba City. And to get back to I-5 I would connect 99 to south ave, I-5 exit 630. But the section that most people want is the Stockton to Sacramento one. Also, they need to make Highway 14 into a Freeway. originally, when the game released, it was for a very very short section of freeway, and then continued as 99. but that was before the rescale. Another road that I want is the Arroyo Seco Parkway in Los Angeles. Even though trucks over 3 tons(According to the signs) are not allowed, it would be nice to have, especially since it was the first freeway in america that they actually used the word "Freeway" for. I would make it a 3 lane freeway like it is in real life. in fact, in the rescale they could have replace the area that was the spot where you would use I-5 and then exit to 99 to get to Bakersfield or Fresno with that freeway. the current trumpet interchange with I-5 and that unnumbered freeway is based on the Harbor Freeway, which north of I-5 in real life it is the Arroyo Seco Parkway.

Return to “General discussion about the game”