ETS2 1.36 Real Ai Emergency pack v2.1 [26/12/2019]

Wilhelm_A

Re: ETS2 1.36 Real Ai Emergency pack v2.1 [26/12/2019]

#191 Post by Wilhelm_A » 02 Aug 2020 16:08

@danno95, convert all sound files with FMOD.

cip

#192 Post by cip » 05 Aug 2020 09:02

@wilhelm if it will be that simple and only converting sounds to FMOD, the update would have been ready long time ago :lol:

First the hookup sounds, those that make sirens working and hear them at longer distances than the engine sounds, no longer work correctly. The sound do not follow the car and get stuck in the position where Ai emergency has been spawned.
Luckily I was able to reproduce the siren sound effect as sound move similar with the car engine sound and keep the engine sound too, but this came with another problem, I lost the sirens at road events :lol: (because parked vehicles do don’t have engine sounds on)
Knowing that hookup sounds still work with static Ai, I cloned all emergency vehicles to have one road version with siren as sound move and one version only for road events with hookup sounds. This triggered of course the need to create new FMOD events with completely different settings for the hookup sounds in order to work.
In 1.37 (ATS) it was a problem, how to make road events emergency Ai not to spawn on the roads? The only solution was to create a new type of vehicles with no spawn rules. In 1.38 SCS added tags options and I could clear the additional type and add tags, finally something useful for me about tags ;)
Next was to create new country spawn rules and create also a balance between emergency with no sirens and no flares (default emergency), with flares only and with flares and sirens. Oh, and not to forget, meantime SCS split the emergency into fire and medical so new country spawn rules (again)
Finally when tests were ready to start I discovered that I need the old mat files because SCS use to make new ones for all Ai although this is not really necessary :lol: so up to now about 150 mat files restored and keep going (the disadvantage of not knowing to work in blender and rely only on hex editor) :D
Anyway after all issues, ATS version has been ready and the testing went well but the project remained private (not even shared in my Discord) because I integrated the GTM skins in my mod for which I did not receive permission to share. Therefore the emergency sounds are now the reason for which I updated my ETS2 to 1.38 and I work on it together with updating my other mods to 1.38. Moreover ETS2 has like 4 times more countries than ATS has states so 4 times more sii editing too :lol: When the ETS2 emergency pack will be ready, I may share it on my Discord since in ETS2 I only used the default skins (with only maybe 30% of EU countries covered), as I already do for my other sounds
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

piva

#193 Post by piva » 05 Aug 2020 09:40

@cip It's horrible. I don't want to do mods anymore. :lol:
Seems SCS can't get out of deadlock in the development of AI defs.
One of this "issue" is traffic.sii file for country.
I just want to make a game and mods better.

cip

#194 Post by cip » 05 Aug 2020 12:53

Haha @piva so you saw my post about country traffic.sii files here?
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

Wilhelm_A

#195 Post by Wilhelm_A » 05 Aug 2020 14:51

cip wrote:
05 Aug 2020 09:02
@wilhelm if it will be that simple and only converting sounds to FMOD, the update would have been ready long time ago :lol:
I didn't think you just had to convert the files.

Return to “Traffic”