[WIP] GMC General

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
dault3883

Re: [WIP] GMC General

#211 Post by dault3883 » 17 Nov 2021 22:35

when was the last time we actually heard from smarty about this trucks progress?
Intel Core i7 10700K, Ram: G.Skill 64GB DDR4 3600, windows 11 bit OPS, MSI 3070TI Suprim X, MSI Z590 carbon Mb, EVGA 1000W power supply
TexasWhirlwind

#212 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 18 Nov 2021 16:04

He has a lot of arms in the fire but nothing ever gets released. Not that I have ever seen..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Ruward

#213 Post by Ruward » 18 Nov 2021 18:06

A good mod takes time guys. Complaning about progress is not very motivating.

Just have patience and nice things will appear:
Smarty wrote: 07 Nov 2021 04:20 I've definitely still been working on it; It just doesn't look a whole lot different. Most of my progress has been on chassis details, the luber-finer (which I imagine most of you have seen on the Pete 350), and artwork for the air inlet and the fender badge.
[ external image ]
Smarty wrote: 07 Nov 2021 04:20 ...and I may have also been doing some work on a parallel project.
[ external image ]
Last edited by Ruward on 19 Nov 2021 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
Grizzly

#214 Post by Grizzly » 18 Nov 2021 22:38

He released the Scot.
dault3883

#215 Post by dault3883 » 18 Nov 2021 22:59

Ruward wrote: 18 Nov 2021 18:06 A good mod takes time guys. Complaning about progress is not very motivating.

Just have patience and nice things will appear:

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3
im not compaining just being realistic this thread has been open for a couple of years now and even his website where he shows progress of mods this truck has been stuck at 20% for at least a year and a half

i hope it eventually comes out but it wouldnt be wise to hold your breath on it as @TexasWhirlwind said he has a lot of projects going but not much ever gets released

we havent seen much progress out of anything since he started helping out on promods canada with signage
Intel Core i7 10700K, Ram: G.Skill 64GB DDR4 3600, windows 11 bit OPS, MSI 3070TI Suprim X, MSI Z590 carbon Mb, EVGA 1000W power supply
Smarty
Beta tester

#216 Post by Smarty » 19 Nov 2021 16:00

I haven't been particularly productive with ProMods in some time either, if that makes you feel any better. You'll find a much stronger correlation with when I returned to working full-time last October. It's amazing how productive you can be on personal projects when you only work ~30hrs per week. Alas, this world runs on money, and so I now spend 42-50 hours a week engaged in the highly fulfilling practice of palletizing heavy things in -20°C. I do still spend the majority of my free time working on mods – it's just that often only really amounts to a couple half-hour chunks per day. If anyone is frustrated with the lack of progress, it's me. :lol:

The General is somewhat on hold for a little while. It's a big project. Like, a biiiiiig project. I'm still picking away at it, a little at a time, but I'm trying to focus on some of my smaller projects so I stand some chance of releasing something new this year. Technically, the Scot A2HD v2 was like 60% brand new content, and I've added quite a bit over the year. Ditto for the Fontaine Phantom and Trailmobile SuperVan 90 ownable updates. You may notice I've put quite some work into the Peterbilt 350, and GMC Crackerbox lately; They're each a little more bite-sized as scope goes. I'm hopeful I'll at least be able to seal the deal on a new trailer by the end of the year.
Daddyj60

#217 Post by Daddyj60 » 19 Nov 2021 16:11

Smarty - thank you for the reply. We all get anxious some times and forget that we all have to work to pay the bills (although most of us wish that were different...). Have said it before - your stuff is outstanding and high quality and worth the wait. Gives us all something nice to look forward to...
Trucker_71

#218 Post by Trucker_71 » 19 Nov 2021 16:12

GMC Crackerbox?? I hope that at my age I'll be alive to see that one! Those are from my era. lol
DAFmanXFE6

#219 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 19 Nov 2021 16:49

Good update Smarty, using your trailers a lot in my game and they fit just right. At least you don’t look back at your work and have to redo, my Astro95 needs the cab and chassis redoing :cry: , then it’s back to the interior lol
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
w420killer

#220 Post by w420killer » 20 Nov 2021 02:50

Smarty wrote: 19 Nov 2021 16:00 I haven't been particularly productive with ProMods in some time either, if that makes you feel any better. You'll find a much stronger correlation with when I returned to working full-time last October. It's amazing how productive you can be on personal projects when you only work ~30hrs per week. Alas, this world runs on money, and so I now spend 42-50 hours a week engaged in the highly fulfilling practice of palletizing heavy things in -20°C. I do still spend the majority of my free time working on mods – it's just that often only really amounts to a couple half-hour chunks per day. If anyone is frustrated with the lack of progress, it's me. :lol:

The General is somewhat on hold for a little while. It's a big project. Like, a biiiiiig project. I'm still picking away at it, a little at a time, but I'm trying to focus on some of my smaller projects so I stand some chance of releasing something new this year. Technically, the Scot A2HD v2 was like 60% brand new content, and I've added quite a bit over the year. Ditto for the Fontaine Phantom and Trailmobile SuperVan 90 ownable updates. You may notice I've put quite some work into the Peterbilt 350, and GMC Crackerbox lately; They're each a little more bite-sized as scope goes. I'm hopeful I'll at least be able to seal the deal on a new trailer by the end of the year.
A Crackerbox????? ohhh hell yeah

Return to “Trucks”