Mantrid's Large Scale USA (On Hold)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.

What scale map would you prefer?

1:1
32%
1:2
5%
1:3
55%
Not Interested
8%

Total votes: 528

Optional Features

Re: Mantrid's Large Scale USA (On Hold)

#191 Post by Optional Features » 23 Aug 2022 22:08

@Mantrid Not sure if this project is still under consideration, but there appears to be significant interest in a 1:10 scale map based on a poll currently running in the group.

viewtopic.php?p=1734489#p1734489

I know it's not as large as the original idea, but could still be worth considering.

Thanks for your time!
trainguy_gaming

Re: Mantrid's Large Scale USA (On Hold)

#192 Post by trainguy_gaming » 10 Sep 2022 17:56

Mantrid wrote: 18 Oct 2019 04:36 Background to the project.
Before I started on the much loved and much derided Coast to Coast, I intended to re-scale the existing areas as I thought that 1:35 was way too small. I planned to re-scale it to 1:3 (the same as the cities), but before I started I made the experimental C2C map and the original project never started.
I am now ready to start planning the new map (C2C will still be my main priority). I have discussed it with my viewers on Twitch and I even created a test map of part of Washington at 1:3 (it was pretty big). I have had a few requests to make it 1:1, I like the idea even though it would be a monumental undertaking.

What I would like to know is, would you use it and what scale would you prefer?
Yes absolutely I would play with the 1:1 or 1:3 map mod you create

Return to “Maps”