request: View Axis Sensitivity Slider

fidelio

request: View Axis Sensitivity Slider

#1 Post by fidelio » 13 Feb 2013 08:28

For those of us playing with an xbox controller, it would be a great addition to have a view axis sensitivity slider, the same as you have provided for the steering sensitivity.

While playing, using the right stick for controlling viewpoint is very comfortable and natural, but quite slow. If we had a sensitivity slider to increase or decrease the sensitivity and therefor control the speed of the camera movement, it would allow for quicker viewing out the sides of the cabin, which is of course handy for turning into traffic.

Since this type of programming has already been accomplished for the steering axis assignment, hopefully it wouldn't be too cumbersome to implement this suggestion.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope to see this in the game, improving road safety for all of us controller drivers out here. :D
pudgyy

Re: request: View Axis Sensitivity Slider

#2 Post by pudgyy » 13 Feb 2013 14:15

this would be great.

the problem i have is when i am driving the steering anolog stick (left) slightly moves on its own.

thought the controller anolog stick was broke a little as it was old wired controller. got new one. same issue but not as bad
fidelio

#3 Post by fidelio » 13 Feb 2013 20:12

hi pudgy, you should be able to fix your issue of steering 'drift' by going into the controller options where you set your steering axis. While there move your stick around slowly and watch the yellow line increase and decrease.
When you let go of the stick if you see at any point a little bit of the yellow line remaining, this is when you can move the deadzone slider for that axis a little bit to the right until the yellow disappears. Move your stick around again to see if you can get any more yellow to remain while the stick is at rest, if not, you're done, if so just repeat and move the slider a little more to the right.

this should fix your issue of 'drift' and you should now be driving straight and true.

thank you for your feedback and support on the view axis sensitivity idea.
celestra

#4 Post by celestra » 14 Feb 2013 20:38

I use the left and right back triggers for looking left and right then the Y button to return to forward view . This works really well on the xbox controller .
zoidberg

#5 Post by zoidberg » 27 Feb 2013 20:26

Yes, indeed. We definitely need a view axis sensitivity slider, because right now it's pretty slow and unpleasant to look around with a joystick.
fidelio

#6 Post by fidelio » 04 Mar 2013 08:23

just the menu slider appears absent from the UI but the functionality is already present in the game. With some poking around, I managed to change the camera movement speed so it's no longer as slow.

you can accomplish this by by manually editing controls.sii in your profile directory (My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/############/controls.sii) and changing the line which controls the speed of the joystick camera.

using the right stick on an xbox controller to move the camera, by default mine looked like this

Code: Select all

config_lines[42]: "constant c_jrspeed 2.094395"
and I changed it to

Code: Select all

config_lines[42]: "constant c_jrspeed 4.094395"
voila, faster camera.

of course it would be much better if everyone had access to this functionality from the menu, but in case SCS doesn't implement this, for anyone reading, hopefully this helps.
ohaha

#7 Post by ohaha » 04 Mar 2013 08:43

Nice!
Thanks for sharing!
Retired, but still loving it.
Mored

#8 Post by Mored » 16 May 2022 21:59

Coming back many many years later to request this. A UI slider for camera sensitivity (controller and mouse options) would be fantastic!
Ryzen 5 5600X | RTX 3070 8GB | DDR4 16GB | Win-10-64bit

WoT Profile

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”