[REL] Iveco Turbostar 2.0 by Ralf84's Garage (1.48.x. - 1.49)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
_DC_

Re: [REL] Iveco Turbostar by Ralf84 (1.42)

#421 Post by _DC_ » 12 Dec 2021 17:18

Hi Ralf, i've a little request: since i have several AI drivers which have your trucks/trailers, is it possible to make the manifest.sii file as "generic" (without making the "compatible.." line), or just outside the crypted file? so they can "drive" their truck and trailers, meanwhile you're working on the mod. Thank you in advance, have a nice evening.
Ralf84

Re: [REL] Iveco Turbostar by Ralf84 (1.43)

#422 Post by Ralf84 » 14 Dec 2021 20:43

1.43 mod is out. Links on page 1.
JulianCursor330

#423 Post by JulianCursor330 » 14 Dec 2021 22:25

@Ralf84 About engines, can i add the 190-29? Is there any tutorial about that ralf?
Ralf84

#424 Post by Ralf84 » 15 Dec 2021 02:46

@JulianCursor330 I would suggest you to take a look on YouTube, there are several videos about the engine modding.
JulianCursor330

#425 Post by JulianCursor330 » 15 Dec 2021 09:24

Ralf84 wrote: 15 Dec 2021 02:46 @JulianCursor330 I would suggest you to take a look on YouTube, there are several videos about the engine modding.
Oh, i will look for that! Maybe i can make it or at least, try! :D

In my country the 190-29 was the star of Iveco!
Almost as popular as Its all time best seller, the 619
Palux

#426 Post by Palux » 17 Dec 2021 17:39

Hi @Ralf84

First of all thanks for the super work, both to you and to all those who contributed.
I wanted to ask a question, just above you said that you have put the motors apart and that they can be edited.
For fun I was trying to modify one to use with a friend, while with other mods I open the SCS, def, vehicle etc etc and modify the HP and KW, with your mod if I do the exact same procedure and then in game I try to select that engine ... crashes the game.

The log returns this string to me after it crashes;
00:00:36.118 : [Vehicle accessory]: '190_33.iveco.turbostar.engine' /def/vehicle/truck/iveco.turbostar/engine/190_33.sii $1160 lv0
In fact, if I restore the original mod it doesn't crash.

Suggestions? Thanks again for the wonderful work. : D[/size]
Last edited by Palux on 18 Dec 2021 09:50, edited 2 times in total.
Ralf84

#427 Post by Ralf84 » 18 Dec 2021 08:49

Hi @Palux . I can't reply you in italian, since is against the forum rules.

2. Forbidden Content

2.1 Definition of Message
A message includes any and all means a user has available to them to communicate with other members.

2.2 Language, Placement, Spelling, and Grammar
Users must make an effort to place a new thread in the right forum section. Posts deemed to be in an incorrect section will be moved to a proper one or deleted.
Users are encouraged to use proper grammar and spelling in all messages. Messages containing shorthand text and other exclusionary forms of speech may be removed.
All messages must be in English or include a complete English translation.

I can reply in italian and then translate it to english.

---------------------------------------------------

E' difficile capire cosa hai fatto esattamente senza vedere il part1 da te modificato. Dovrei vedere i file che hai editato e capire se ci sono errori, quindi posso solo intuire quale possa essere l'errore, io ipotizzo l'inserimento di un nuovo file del motore.
Il game.log sta dicendo che stai caricando il motore da 330 cavalli (190_33.iveco.turbostar.engine) ma non c'è nessun errore.
Dovrei almeno vedere il game.log completo dopo il crash.
Comunque come regola generale, per poter inserire un nuovo motore nella mod bisogna: modificare il nome del file, il nome del file all'interno delle graffe alla riga 3 es:

SiiNunit
{
accessory_engine_data : 190_33.iveco.turbostar.engine <-------
{

e bisogna accertarsi che quel motore non sia legato ad altri file def della mod e che quindi sia richiesta la modifica anche di questi.
In questo caso si, in quanto ogni motore è legato alle skin e al badge identificativo del motore sotto al finestrino, in quanto le skin cambiano a seconda delle motorizzaizioni, la skin hp ad esempio non può essere montata nel 190-33.
Se tu inserisci un motore nuovo, la mod non sa a quale gruppo di skin può essere collegata e di conseguenza va in crash.
Detto questo, la pubblicazione dei def dei motori della mod non è stata concepita per poter inserire dei nuovi motori nel camion, ma per permettere ai sound modder di avere accesso alle informazioni necessarie per poter inserire un sound personalizzato.
Se vuoi aumentare la potenza del motore, ti consiglio di utilizzare i motori già esistenti e modificare i valori al suo interno, quindi se la mia intuizione è esatta e tu ne hai inserito uno nuovo, la mod va in crash.
Capisco che molti non sono d'accordo sul fatto di avere la mod bloccata, ma una delle caratteristiche del Garage, è di mantenere un certo livello di realismo, attenendosi strettamente ai dati tecnici del mezzo per avere una mod fedele alla realtà.
Se lasciassi aperta la mod completamente, perderebbe una delle caratteristiche principali che la contraddistingue.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It's hard to understand what exactly you did without seeing the edited part1. I should see the files you have edited and see if there are any errors, so I can only guess what the error might be, I guess inserting a new engine file.
The game.log is saying that you are loading the 330 horsepower engine (190_33.iveco.turbostar.engine) but there is no error message.
I should at least see the full game.log after the crash.
However, as a general rule, to be able to insert a new engine in the mod you have to: change the file name, the file name inside the braces on line 3 eg:

BeNunit
{
accessories_engine_date: 190_33.iveco.turbostar.engine <-------
{

and you have to make sure that that engine is not linked to other def files of the mod and that therefore the edit of these is also required.
In this case, yes, as each engine is linked to the skins and the engine identification badge under the window, as the skins change according to the engines, the hp skin, for example, cannot be mounted in 190-33.
If you enter a new engine, the mod does not know which group of skins it can be linked to and consequently crashes.
Having said that, the publication of the mod engine defs was not designed to be able to insert new engines in the truck, but to allow sound modders to access the information necessary to be able to insert a custom sound.
If you want to increase the power of the engine, I recommend you to use the existing engines and change the values ​​within it. So if my guess is right and you added an engine to the def structure, the mod crashes.
I understand that many disagree to have a locked mod, but this is one of the main phylosopies of the Garage: to keep a
certain level of realism, strictly adhering to the technical data of the vehicle to have a mod faithful to reality.
If I left the mod open completely, it would loose one of the main features that distinguish it.
Palux

#428 Post by Palux » 18 Dec 2021 09:49

@Ralf84

Thanks for the reply. :) And sorry everyone for my question posed incorrectly and without details.
I absolutely understand the will to block the mod, and of course I respect it.
It was just a test to joke with my friend (he loves the Turbostar).

What I have tried to do is change the info display (to show a different power value) and doing this crashes the game (display info -> info[]: "476 @@hp@@ (350@@kw@@)").
Then I restored the "display info" values ​​and changed the torque (torque: 1900 of 190_42 to example 5200), after making this change the game does not crash, but practically nothing changes in the game at a practical level, the exaggerated torque introduced does not change the behavior of the truck (even by raising the rpm limits engine).
If I try to modify the info displays (which from what I understand is only an info, it does not define the power of the truck) and the torque, especially the torque, in another third-party mod, in the game you notice all the difference, also by altering the torque curve. Something escapes me here. :D

But I understand that if your intent is not to allow editing of the file, I totally respect it. Thank you! :)
oscu0

#430 Post by oscu0 » 20 Dec 2021 13:57

Couple notes:
The small side mirrors move together with the large side mirrors when adjusting
The 480hp sound has been improved significantly, transition between full/no throttle is much smoother. The retarder sound, while wonderful by itself, still turns off very abruptly.
I'd greatly appreciate it if the transmission defs were moved into the editable def package in the future - I wanted to couple engine braking to the retarder stalk, like in modern Mercs.

Return to “Trucks”