[REL] Iveco Turbostar 2.0 by Ralf84's Garage (1.48.x. - 1.49)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ruward

Re: [REL] Iveco Turbostar by Ralf84 (1.43)

#431 Post by Ruward » 20 Dec 2021 14:14

I like the truck a lot, unfortunatly the sound could be better.

If you have good sounds samples, you could ask Kapitan Kriechbaum to make a sound.
However, he is quite busy now with updating all of his mods.
You never know, he may make something when he is bored :P

@Slavthailand Are you interested in making a good sound for this truck?
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
RenanBecker1

#432 Post by RenanBecker1 » 25 Dec 2021 13:50

Awesome model!
The truck works perfectly!
Plenty of options for engines and gearboxes, good sound.
Thanks!

[ external image ]
ETS2 Player | Linux Ubuntu User
Nando CEV

#433 Post by Nando CEV » 25 Dec 2021 15:05

I have tried the mod and...;
  • The model is amazing, congratulations on such a high level of detail!
  • The engines and the gearboxes are also completely accurate, really great to add that amount of detail that maybe not everyone will ever notice (has someone asked you to make a 6 speed gearbox?..., I hope not!)
  • The sound..., well, it's not bad by any means, when accelerating you can clearly feel that big V8 pushing as hard as it used to do in the late 80's and early 90's. BUT! It definitely needs some adjustments, which, taking in mind the previous work he has done, it would be nice if @kriechbaum were able to do it at some point.
That's all I can say for now, thanks a lot for this model, it's definitely a pleasure to drive such a gorgeous truck that maybe not everyone know but has an extraordinary history behind, and it's really appreciate in the Mediterranean (yes, this is not only loved in Italy, also in Spain, although, we are more on the PEGASO side :D)

Here is the thumbnail of the video that I will publish tomorrow and also post it here if there is no problem with that :PHere is the video itself
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7-12700kf | AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX | 32” 4K + 34” 21:9 1440p | Thrustmaster TS-PC + Logitech G29 pedals + Thrustmaster TH8A with 18 speed knob
_DC_

#434 Post by _DC_ » 27 Dec 2021 10:37

Thanks for the video Nando! i love that :D
Nando CEV

#435 Post by Nando CEV » 27 Dec 2021 19:30

Thanks friend! Waiting for the new version of the FSG to see what's new on it :P
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7-12700kf | AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX | 32” 4K + 34” 21:9 1440p | Thrustmaster TS-PC + Logitech G29 pedals + Thrustmaster TH8A with 18 speed knob
_DC_

#436 Post by _DC_ » 28 Dec 2021 11:34

Yeah, we are working hard :)
Nando CEV

#437 Post by Nando CEV » 28 Dec 2021 14:44

That's awesome to read, although, I already supposed it, I love that map and I will be very happy to see the new things! Good luck!!! :D
[ external image ]
Ralf84

#438 Post by Ralf84 » 30 Dec 2021 06:19

Hi @Nando CEV and thank you for the video. About the sound, please can you be more specific? What is missing exactly? I have received many feedbacks about the sound, some says that is perfect, some other says the opposite, so it’s hard to me to understand what is missing and what can I do to improve it.
The engine_load and the exhaust samples are coming directly from a real 190-48 given me by a Turbostar owner who was able to record some samples of the engine start, idling, under load and the exhaust, so what you hear is basically a real turbostar v8 sound. What is missing is the engine under load over 1500rpm, the turbo whistle and some secondary noises which are very hard to record. I had to manage with some other truck sounds to obtain a good compromise unfortunately, so the sound is not exactly the same but is kind of imho. The mod simulates the original 190-48 engine sound so there’s no open pipe, crackling sound or something like that, because is not the purpose of the mod, and original turbostar v8 is not crackling or roaring dragster like. There’s an open pipe sound mod for that (https://youtu.be/NlxtHwo0q2E) Some players are or they have been Turbostar drivers and most of them says that the sound is close to the real one so to me it’s hard to establish what is good and what is wrong with the v8 sound, but if I have to rely on an opinion to establish its proximity to reality, I prefer the judgment of those who owned that truck rather than those who have never seen it before and have never heard his voice, I’m not talking about you and your report, but I constantly receive many reports about this sound from many users who probably never heard before the sound of that truck, which is unique I must say, the 480hp sound is different from the 420hp variant for example. I also recommend you to try out each engine variant, which has its own sound, such as the 190-33 intercooler, the 190-36 turbo variants with L6 engine and the v8 190-42 which have recently been reworked. Please don’t get me wrong, mine is not a complaint, is not addressed to you, I am just trying to explain my difficulties to get what the community wants me to do with this sound in particular, it’s hard to please everyone sometimes. Thanks again for your report and your beautiful video.
Nando CEV

#439 Post by Nando CEV » 30 Dec 2021 10:55

Hello @Ralf84, thanks a lot for the long answer, I see that you really want to make this mod the best as possible and that's something that, I, as a "consumer" appreciate.

About the sound, well, I'm not a sound modder myself, so it's quite hard to explain, but I would say that the problem is that the sound feels empty from 1500 rpm to 2000 and also, while not accelerating, I'm not sure, but I think it's called sound under no load, the sound it's way too quiet.
The sound from idling to 1500 rpm it's perfect, it really feels like you are sitting on the top of a 17 liters engine, with all the rumble it gives, but from 1500 to 2000 (or max, haven't tested as it would be not realistic to over rev a truck engine) it feels like all the rumble it's gone, and now we have an old 2 liter engine. The same happens at all the rpm when you are not accelerating, I know this might be difficult to understand, but it's also difficult to explain.
The sound it's completely realist, in my case I've been lucky enough to hear 2 of them in real life (one was straight piped though) and it definitely sounds as it should, but it's important to take in mind that this is not real life, this is a game, we are hearing everything with some attenuation effects and other effects that doesn't exist in real life, and also, as much good as the recording is, it will never be like hearing it in real life...

So, to conclude, the sound it's realistic, and half the sound it's perfect but, from 1500 to 2000 rpm it doesn't sound correct. You already told me on your comment that it is something missing from your recordings, and you had to take it from other sounds mods. I wish you are able to record the all eh rpm under load some day, good luck. Thanks for letting me know your point of view also, and my comment stays, maybe another person would be able to make the sound from 1500 rpm to 2000 a little bit better.

Have a nice day! :D
[ external image ]
Damiano975

#440 Post by Damiano975 » 01 Jan 2022 02:33

Good Job Buddy.
Thanks for this.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core 3.4GHz
Cpu-Fan: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360R
Memorie Ram: Corsair Vegance LPX CMK32GX4M2F4000C19 32GB 2x16GB DDR4
Main Board: ASUS X570-PRO (WI-FI)
VGA: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB

Return to “Trucks”