[TOOL] Truck Simulator Launcher

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
KINGPINN

Re: [TOOL] Truck Simulator Launcher

#41 Post by KINGPINN » 23 Nov 2019 10:41

OK, I'm back, not sure why I'm struggling so much with this rather simple app.

I managed to get it to launch the game, but it launches as if I have never played the game before. If I launch through steam as normal, it loads into my normal profiles etc. What have I done (or haven't done) to cause this?
luukf8

#42 Post by luukf8 » 25 Nov 2019 11:17

@KINGPINN Maybe you have set your home directory either on steam or in this launcher to a different path.
JuanBonX

#43 Post by JuanBonX » 25 Nov 2019 12:12

For me it is a useful application not simple. You should always thank those who share their work with everyone. Nothing is perfect but this was something that was needed!
Flemming V
Global moderator

#44 Post by Flemming V » 25 Nov 2019 13:02

I have not yet tried this fine tool, but I read somewhere else that if you use other .exe files to launch a steam game, steam could/would stop counting hours played for that game.
Has anyone checked it this tool would prevent steam from counting playing hours?
Raahtaah

#45 Post by Raahtaah » 25 Nov 2019 20:40

@Flemming V Mine keeps counting normally. These little stories of groups and other places is just to disparage the work of those who differ ... And if so, could not open the game by MP, TrucksBook among others.
Sorry for using Google Translate
Voron

#46 Post by Voron » 04 Dec 2019 06:07

Please tell me how to start the console in the map editor? The console does not work in the ATS when launched through Truck Simulator Launcher (in config file -> g_console "1")
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#47 Post by MandelSoft » 06 Dec 2019 17:26

That is strange. I can still access the console on my end, and the launcher should have no effect on that. Are you sure your keyboard settings are correct?
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
GardenData61371

#48 Post by GardenData61371 » 10 Dec 2019 20:48

Failed to load map file. Editor not detecting anything. Please help me. My map is completely broken on 1.36.
Brony and Furry from Croatia.

Main developer for Equestria Map mod.
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#49 Post by MandelSoft » 10 Dec 2019 22:28

0. This may be obvious, but make sure you launch the game via the big button in the launcher. Saving the settings isn't enough.
1. Make sure you've set up the Steam path correctly, and your homedir path in case you used one before.
2. Make sure that you've set the launcher to load mods.
3. Check the editor.log to see if anything package or mod actually is detected at all.
4. Also check the exact command line command in editor.log (it's on line #3). If it contains the tag "-pure", it won't load mods, which means you have screwed up some settings in the launcher.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Troublemaker

#50 Post by Troublemaker » 23 Dec 2019 17:27

Hey,

thanks for the program.
I was able to start the map editor via the program. I made some changes in the game American Truck Simulator with the Coast to Coast map that I would also like to save, but no file is saved. I get an error message that the autocompounding is failed. Then i have looked in the editor log file, there I found a lot of more errors. About the find, i enter the UID Code from the "Duplicate item 0x62a18b6d8fa0002 found in compounds" which are found by the bushnell farm below the city Redding. But there is nothing to see which is selected.
I have read the answers to the failure from this thread, but I don´t come further. viewtopic.php?t=249419

My editor log file:
https://pastebin.com/k0Xpi5S3

and a picture from the program settings:
https://abload.de/img/editortbknc.jpg

I hope, you can help and explain me, what I´m doing wrong.

Merry christmas to all!

Return to “Others”