ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes Volvo VNL 2018)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Blood-Straved haiena

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes Freightliner Cascadia 2019)

#91 Post by Blood-Straved haiena » 04 Dec 2020 15:05

Hello

Maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I've got an issue...

I follow your method for personnal mod (so, no renaming on anything), but it doesn't work. The mod appears in the mod manager, but there is nothing in the truck configurator in-game

I made some tests with different trucks, and it seems to be a folding problem :

- If I put directly your zip file in the mod folder, the mod works alright (the image mod appears in the mod manager, and I've got all the templates in the truck configurator)
- If I unfold your file and fold it again (without touching anything), it doesn't work anymore (The mod is in the mod manager but with no image, and nothing in the truck configurator)

So far I tried to make the zip foder with the Windows browser, 7-zip and Winrar, but it changed nothing.

Am I missing something ?
Alarthon

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes Freightliner Cascadia 2019)

#92 Post by Alarthon » 04 Dec 2020 16:09

@Blood-Straved haiena So with this you can not rename files only once. Can not have the example mod and your mod you made run at the same time because one will over ride the other according to mod order. Its always best to rename the files in def folder, in vehicle folder just put the .dds / .tobj files in a new folder so no conflicts (also edit the .tobj), then have new mat files.

For the problem with zipping and unzipping im not sure. I use 7zip and just do a regular zip. You making sure to zip all the files? (def folder, material folder, vehicle folder, manifest, mod_description, and mod_image)

You could upload your zip file somewhere and I can have a look at it.
Blood-Straved haiena

#93 Post by Blood-Straved haiena » 04 Dec 2020 17:22

Remember when I said I was a complete idiot ?
Yup, it's confirmed !

In fact, I zipped the complete file (example folder), not the content of it (def folder, material folder, vehicle folder, manifest, mod_description, and mod_image), so yeah, it couldn't work...

Now Imade a test again and it works ! ^^

Thanks for the help, now I "just" have to make a nice paintjob for the Cascadia !
Alarthon

#94 Post by Alarthon » 04 Dec 2020 20:13

Glad to have helped and good to hear you have it figured out. One of these days ill make a video of it. Good luck on the paintjob.
l2rebel

#95 Post by l2rebel » 20 Dec 2020 05:03

I knoticed that there is a Metallic File now for the trailers that is awesome! only issue Im running into is I make a skin for it, but only the metallics show up and the skin doesnt. how would I go about making the skin show up as well as the Metallics :?: :?: :?:
Alarthon

#96 Post by Alarthon » 20 Dec 2020 17:57

@l2rebel Thanks for letting me know it wasn't working correctly. Sometimes I don't catch stuff like that. So through some trial and error I ended up splitting the metallic .sii into the .sii and .sui. Then in accessory folder I just made a new .sii in there. It seems to be working now and you should be able to make a skin with the metallic in the background (flake does not work on trailers though. Or at least I haven't figured out how to make it work without modding it in blender). So download the new version of the example mod and it should work.
l2rebel

#97 Post by l2rebel » 20 Dec 2020 18:17

Alarthon wrote: 20 Dec 2020 17:57 @l2rebel Thanks for letting me know it wasn't working correctly. Sometimes I don't catch stuff like that. So through some trial and error I ended up splitting the metallic .sii into the .sii and .sui. Then in accessory folder I just made a new .sii in there. It seems to be working now and you should be able to make a skin with the metallic in the background (flake does not work on trailers though. Or at least I haven't figured out how to make it work without modding it in blender). So download the new version of the example mod and it should work.
Awesome Thank you! And yeah I havent figuered out how to get Flake to work either. but the Color shift of the Metallics is still pretty sweet.
l2rebel

#98 Post by l2rebel » 25 Dec 2020 05:28

[ external image ]

OK Not sure what Im doing wrong LOL I used ATS studio to create the mod after using the template in the file. For some reason everything is not where its supposed to be. Below is the Template placement (this isnt how it actually looks when i use it, just layered to show how I placed everything. Have the same issue with the Pete 389 as well

[ external image ]
PBandJ

#99 Post by PBandJ » 25 Dec 2020 10:55

You may check to see what the Alternate UV is set to. If it is true, make it false and if false set it to true and see if it corrects it. (if using ModsStudio or similar, if box is checked, uncheck it, and if it isn't checked, check it and try it again)
l2rebel

#100 Post by l2rebel » 25 Dec 2020 16:34

PBandJ wrote: 25 Dec 2020 10:55 You may check to see what the Alternate UV is set to. If it is true, make it false and if false set it to true and see if it corrects it. (if using ModsStudio or similar, if box is checked, uncheck it, and if it isn't checked, check it and try it again)
That fixed the 579, Still having the issue with the Rollin Pete 389 though and tried both ways, so Im wondering if the template for that is different then the Viper2 389

Return to “Skins”