Iberia Discussion

Trucker Nik

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6341 Post by Trucker Nik » 24 Feb 2022 18:51

Will we ever get Orleans in France?
JolliciousJosh

#6342 Post by JolliciousJosh » 25 Feb 2022 01:30

In the far future, since Orleans is located in the north from Bourges, approx. 115-125 kms. And Orleans is also the home of agricultural industry, so this city might fit for a 1:19 scale and 1:3 scale (in cities) to be qualified as a marked city.
AntonioMart

#6343 Post by AntonioMart » 25 Feb 2022 02:01

The city of Perpignan can be read on the road sign, when you are driving on a highway approaching the border of France and Spain. Perhaps the same team, who made the new roads and the cities of Beja and Soria, as a test task, will also make Perpignan.
dsf.fernando

#6344 Post by dsf.fernando » 01 Mar 2022 23:08

[ external image ]

BTW, Lisbon trailers already entered the L21XXXX series (this was spotted last weekend)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
dsf.fernando

#6345 Post by dsf.fernando » 21 Apr 2022 08:21

I knew about pieces of the N1/IC2 (the first Lisbon-Porto road), but just yesterday i discovered there are also scattered pieces of the N2 (the longest road in Portugal) in the map.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
VirtualTruckTravels

#6346 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 21 Apr 2022 09:41

on the topic of licenseplates, am I the only one slightly annoyed with the fact that trailer license plates in Spain is white instead of red. I know that usually there are dual plates, red for trailer and white "removable" for tractor pulling the trailer.
I understand it would be needed to create a seperate bumper for spain only for dual plates and might not be worth it, but then it would be nice if trailer plates where red instead. not a game breaker, but small details are what make the bigger picture for me.
dsf.fernando

#6347 Post by dsf.fernando » 21 Apr 2022 12:54

Not exactly a separate bumper, i.e. the Spanish Krone bumper can be made by deleting the central license plate protectors as seen in the last image i posted on this thread, and the same solution can be used with the default, brandless bumper and its alternative version. A few trailers, however, may need a slight remodeling or relocation of the plates to the bumpers' edges.
Some newbie driver

#6348 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Apr 2022 16:59

It's not just a question of bumpers 3D design. It's a question about the game code probably was only capable for dealing with one plate at that location and then they faced the Spanish exception low on time and resources to do changes to all trailer models plus the code. I expected a lot more people to be angry at that, this forum is full of people that had demonstrated to be very picky with every single detail (some on the good way, some on the bad way). But at the end, yours had been one of the VERY FEW comments I've seen about that subject.

I would like they do that change someday; but considering there's lot of more relevant things the game lacks and lots of people more vocal about lots of other things; I've no expectation about it.
VirtualTruckTravels

#6349 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 21 Apr 2022 17:24

Maybe just keep current system but make the licenseplates red for spanish trailers that would be a nice detail. I Hope they Will change it one Day.
@Some newbie driver You think it Will be fruitfull to make a bug report about it?
Trenero

#6350 Post by Trenero » 21 Apr 2022 18:36

I see two solutions to the problem of Spanish trailers licenseplates, both with compromises:

-First posible solution, made the licenseplates for spanish trailers simply red and forget about the tractor lincenseplate.

-Second solution see what is the maximun high of licenseplate they can fit on the bumper that can have the less amount of heigh for a licenseplate, and with that heigh made a custom licenseplate with the same wide(or smaller in widgh to mantain aspect ratio) but horizontally divided in 2 parts on top a white part with the blue EU flag for the tractr and below a red part for the numbers of the trailer licenseplate, this solution is has the compromise that probably the aspect ratio of the licenseplates couldnt be very realistic but that maner they could fit the 2 plates on the space of one and for the game this solution will act as a single licenseplate.

Return to “General discussion about the game”