Iberia Discussion

Shiva

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6261 Post by Shiva » 13 Nov 2021 12:48

If SCS goes back and redoes some of the cities in Germany? That would rock :)
Frankfurt am Main, that was 1 of the best. As far as I remember.

A-52 / A-75 Interchange is nicely done, even tho it is not 100% realistic.
I think it could have been possible to do it as IRL, but was there something that made it not viable?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Some newbie driver

#6262 Post by Some newbie driver » 13 Nov 2021 13:50

@Shiva it was mentioned by Pavel time ago that they had in mind to rebuild also de cities some day. But if I've to choose, rebuild of cities should be at the end of the queue. Unless there's a city where we have to pass by or the reworking of the roads make it so (Lyon is an example); cities were only visited when we go specifically there; while we drive through same roads lots of times (thus, suffering lots of times more a old plain wrong layout of road than of a city).

Also, cities could always be done one by one at spare times, by new individual employees... Rebuild on roads has to be more organized, scheduled and combining several people.

I rather they focus first on rebuilding roads as they are doing now.
Vinnie Terranova wrote: 13 Nov 2021 09:21Did SCS always had in mind to include those three roads in the Iberia DLC before the release date? Or is SCS adding those roads because of the criticism?
Since day one driving in Iberia I said Soria road will come. First and foremost, those big gaps in the map are not usual, not at all. Second, you could find ready all the signaling of that road, included no orange tape crossing none of the exit arrows or Soria names; on the contrary of any other "cosmetic exits" that we know there's no intention to depict those roads. All of those were properly orange-taped. Also, some people used devcam to scout part of those places and it was clear they were very advanced works.

Plain and simple, they had to cut some corners to not to delay still more the release. Sometimes we don't fully realize what's for a company like SCS to delay 4 months the release of their main cash source of the year (with a big difference over the next one). We players always say that mantra of "I rather they delay it as long necessary for a good release". That's easy to say from our point of view; our food in the table doesn't depend on that. Everything has a limit on how much you could delay it to polish the release.

BTW, @IvanKuz, you should not give so much credit to %rating on Iberia, neither SCS should flail for it. Most of the people that would had voted are going to be Spanish... and we are the worst, egocentric, demanding and rude people for that kind of things. I'm sure more than one of my fellow countryman has rated it 0 just because his home city isn't there (they need no more argue than that). Unfortunately, random players could use that rating to decide if they purchase; s*** happens. Hopefully, as years pass, more people inform themselves online instead of just rely on a single random number to choice what they buy.

Regards
BRCKHMPTN

#6263 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 16 Nov 2021 16:25

Just had the chance to try the open beta, and once again I must say you guys are doing a marvelous job and if all this has been done by newly hired mappers, then we are in good hands for sure :D A shame we don't get the access to the industrial site of Las Casas in Soria which has loads of companies (though most of them are pretty small), nevertheless the one that was included was a very nice choice. Despite the scale limitations, all the new areas have been depicted super well, both Beja and Soria feel very realistic and a lot of detail has been put into signs as well, which is something I'm very happy about, in particular the Portuguese signs that have been made for the new roads look a little better than the ones we already have in the DLC, a little closer to the real thing.

And I definitely didn't expect the N-435 to presumably be in the works as well, but that's great news! And it's another hint at the introduction of the N-432 from Badajoz to Cordoba, in case they decide and have the possibility to continue mapping new roads in Iberia (which I hope is the case, without any hurry of course).
IvanKuz

#6264 Post by IvanKuz » 16 Nov 2021 19:58

Following the recent revelation about new Russian cities, I got curious and checked the 1.43 OB mileage_targets.sii for cities in Iberia. For some reason, it is missing a few (Gijón, Málaga and Mengíbar, I think)... But also has Ourense, which is currently a scenic city near where the newly included section of A-52 is located. Does it mean that SCS are/were planning to make it a functional city? Probably not. But I just thought this was interesting to note.

Nothing new in Austria, for those wondering :(
dsf.fernando

#6265 Post by dsf.fernando » 16 Nov 2021 20:47

Where is that file located?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
IvanKuz

#6266 Post by IvanKuz » 16 Nov 2021 20:53

You need to extract def.scs and find def\sign\mileage_targets.sii
Shiva

#6267 Post by Shiva » 17 Nov 2021 13:30

Regarding Iberia, I was surprised that the Teruel road, went all the way to Mariana, Spain.
Atleast I saw a sign with Mariana.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
taneorb

#6268 Post by taneorb » 18 Nov 2021 15:47

Salguero51 wrote: 04 Nov 2021 23:36 I ran into this this morning, AP-4, south of Seville.

Is not the first time I see a HCT in Spain, there is any plans to add them to the game?
That is the exact combo I saw driving on the AP-7 when I was on holiday
Last edited by supersobes on 18 Nov 2021 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
Salguero51

#6269 Post by Salguero51 » 19 Nov 2021 16:02

Today I saw two in a row!! 10 minutes apart of each other. :D :D :D

Today was very very windy, not sure if you can aprecciate on the video how both trailers move to the left pushed by the wind.

(click to open the gif)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I really like those beacons with magnets to the back of the container. Makes me remember that when I was a kid, I used to tell to my father that they should use magnets like this to have clearance lights on the rear.
dsf.fernando

#6270 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Nov 2021 17:01

Is the completion of IC17/A36/CRIL viable with the current map scale? Adding this route could allow the reproduction of Lisbon's most famous landmarks
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”