Iberia Discussion

Esproquet

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6371 Post by Esproquet » 23 Sep 2022 09:34

Good news indeed, I really missed them now it is a bit more complete, thanks SCS.
Taburetka_

#6372 Post by Taburetka_ » 29 Sep 2022 09:09

Greetings!
Are 34 meter double trailers still being tested in Spain and Portugal? Or is the test already completed?

Thanks!
dsf.fernando

#6373 Post by dsf.fernando » 30 Sep 2022 09:57

I still have to see one on the road where i live, it seems they avoid non-tolled roads
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Some newbie driver

#6374 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Sep 2022 10:05

@Taburetka_ I've been seeing some of those with certain "regularity" but I've found no info nowhere about if they are still trials.

@dsf.fernando in Spain those trucks can't use any road; they are allowed only on high capacity ones + the minimum stretch of conventional road from those high capacity roads to the final destination (and only if those arts of conventional roads have certain characteristics). The whole route has to be presented to the administration and approved prior being used. Regarding that, it works as like an special transport haulage with the difference than, once approved, the route can be repeated as many times as wanted.

Regards
Esproquet

#6375 Post by Esproquet » 01 Oct 2022 18:35

@Taburetka_ I've seen them too on high capacity roads, in Spain these trains of vehicles are also called MEGACAMIONES (sing. megacamión, eng: megatruck). According to an article from 13th April on this site:

https://www.jaylo.eu/blog/la-dgt-aprueb ... acamiones/

...these set of vehicles received the green light to be driven in Spain last spring.

Additional info:

https://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-14026

https://www.academiadeltransportista.co ... %20siempre

Cheers
Taburetka_

#6376 Post by Taburetka_ » 01 Oct 2022 21:26

As far as I understand, the degree of approval of such couplings is close enough to the degree of approval in Finland? If so, then you can start a revolt against the developer with a request to implement this feature in the game, similar to how it was done with the Netherlands and Germany in case of approval of 25-meter road trains !! Regarding their regional name, special thanks to you @Esproquet ! This will make it easier to find prototypes to reproduce real chains in the game!

In my opinion, this type of road train should have its own big region in order for players to enjoy it at long distances, because it is at long distances that their advantage is revealed! In-game Finland is too small for that.
plykkegaard

#6377 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Oct 2022 21:31

IIRC you should be able use these configurations in Spain or Portugal with ownable trailers
Like in eg Finland

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Trenero

#6378 Post by Trenero » 01 Oct 2022 21:57

This tipe of Euromodular combinations are becoming more common each day on the roads, at least in my area of Spain, apart of the typical van, reefer or tautliner trailers in whatever combination posible.
I've already seen euromodular milk tankers, in this case rigid+full semitrailer, (currently food tank in game can be only single), or Bi-train configurations hauling logs, and open top bitrains hauling wood chips.

I only miss one thing in game, an is the ability to equip beacons/strobes on the top back of the last trailer of the truck, this beacons are mandatory in Spain for this type of trucks, i'm hoping that SCS will add this in the future.

Also I remenber seen on the road Duo-trailers, 30-something meters long and 70t(I think in game are called high capacity, like the ones on Finland), this type is not legal in Spain but at least before covid19, there were some logistic companies that were testing them with special autorization from the goberment and in collaboration with some universities.
Last edited by Trenero on 01 Oct 2022 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Taburetka_

#6379 Post by Taburetka_ » 01 Oct 2022 22:13

plykkegaard wrote: 01 Oct 2022 21:31 IIRC you should be able use these configurations in Spain or Portugal with ownable trailers
Like in eg Finland
Yes, because right now we can only use them in Finland

Regards!
Some newbie driver

#6380 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Oct 2022 00:33

@Esproquet the info you have linked is ONLY about DOUBLES, the same we already can drive in the game. The HCT we can only drive in Finland in the game are a different category, longer than those explained in your links and the trials with them started a couple of years later. Those are the ones I said I found no explanation about them, because all searches I try led me to info about the regular doubles. But they are on the road for sure, so probably they still stay in trials, hence the sparse information.

Technically speaking, we could have in Spain a truck with the axle configuration of a Finnish HCT (so, 2 full regular trailers with a dolly for the kingpin of the second one); but then it should had to remain under the 25,25m of total longitude. So, unless it would be an HCT combo of very compact trailers (construction tipper kind); it would not comply the rules stated by that BOE publication. *

Regards

* For those who don't know, al country-wide laws in Spain have to be published in BOE in order to be effectively applied.

Return to “General discussion about the game”