Iberia Discussion

SenseFM

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6361 Post by SenseFM » 14 Sep 2022 16:13

Well, that was unexpected! I didn't think there would be any more map additions to Iberia at this stage. It's true that it's a pretty small new thing, but it would actually be very nice if more polishes like this were made to other DLCs with each update. At Iberia's release, Arganda looked like it was planned to be accessible but had got cut due to time constraints. AFAIK there are other similar unfinished places in the map - Orléans in Vive la France comes to mind, and I remember reading about some unused Bulgarian assets here in the forum.

I must say though that IMO the most needed addition to Iberia would have been the third road connection between France and Spain through the Pyrenees, but I'm grateful to see any novelty in the map. At least it seems that the next update of Promods will bring back the Pyrenean roads, although I'd still prefer to have E7 'officially' in the vanilla game.
Trenero

#6362 Post by Trenero » 14 Sep 2022 20:15

I hope that this and indication of that they still working an improving Iberia and that open the door to retouch some the the areas not on par with the DLC like for example the city of Gijon and its surroundings. which feel done in a rush missing lots of details and feeling smaller than IRL is(Is the 2 largest city on the cantabric coast behind Bilbao and being bigger than A Coruña in were they did a great job)

I've already cry in the general forum for the same reason :lol:

Iberia still have lots of potential.
parasaurolophus67

#6363 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 14 Sep 2022 20:17

eh, can't make it 100% accurate in a 1:19 scale
Some newbie driver

#6364 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Sep 2022 20:35

Trenero wrote: 14 Sep 2022 20:15I hope that this and indication of that they still working an improving Iberia and that open the door to retouch some the the areas not on par with the DLC
Absolutely NOT, don't count on that AT ALL.

They are not "improving" neither "retouching". What they have added (now and with the Soria update) are, plain and simple, things almost finished that didn't arrive in time for the initial release. Probably new staff recruited is being tasked to finish those parts as a training. So, small tidbits here and there of things already in advanced state so could be used as template to be finished. They are not going to add something from scratch just for the sake of doing it; they just don't want works almost finished to stay rotting on the background.

If something can be explored today with free camera in the map world (wether Iberia or somewhere else) and seems pretty finished, that's candidate to be released some day. If something doesn't even exist already in the map or it's already released, is that way how it will remain for a loooong looong time. Reworks are done by the rework team and this one has still a LOT of work to be done in the base map to expect they are going to work at all on the most recent DLC we have.

Anybody who expects anymore than that is lying himself.

Regards
Trenero

#6365 Post by Trenero » 14 Sep 2022 20:45

@parasaurolophus67 Yes i know they can't do it 100% accurate but for example A Coruña they did a good job it feels real you don't miss things and you can recognise where you are and the City fells big, the entrance of the port of Santander you have the feeling of being there you don't miss things looks credible, same for Bilbao that also feel like the IRL entrances to Bilbao.
I now that they can not make it 100% making all special purpouse asets or big roads layouts and some avenues will miss a lane, but at least on this 3 i mention they did a good job and if you ever passed through that you will recognice the city and feel aproximate to the real life.
But in the case of Gijon they make some great parts where you can recognise the city(but are small parts and you need to pass first from the wrong modeled ones) and you have a great feeling of being in the city, like the port entrance roundabout area or the area around the shipyard, but they miss important things that make you lose this sensation completly like for example the entrance of Gijon on the way to the port, IRL is a big avenue of 3 lanes per way, in game in part of it is a 2 lane per way(I can understan for scale and space reasons and that and still feel realistic) but there is a part usually the busiest and fastest part of that avenue where they change from 3 lanes per way IRL to only 1 lane per way in game creating a botleneck where there are none, they also missed a radar in that avenue that IRL is placed where the limit changes to 50 from 80 and is one of the most profitables of Gijon.(For example in the case of that avenue they only need to make it 2 lanes per way all the way and that will improve the thing a lot, and can improve even better with the right layout on the intersection on the middle of that avenue)
In other places like the Iveco dealer area they invented a street that IRL isn't there and missed the biggest roundabout in the way to the ACC and very that is very IRL recognisable.
They first intention was good and the base is good but they did some parts that totally ruined that for the rest of the city.
Double M

#6367 Post by Double M » 21 Sep 2022 15:38

Finally good news. This is a feature that I would like to see in the future in other countries such as France, Germany, Poland, etc. :D
SenseFM

#6368 Post by SenseFM » 21 Sep 2022 16:46

Very happy to see the addition of region signage in Spain! I remember these signs had been discussed in this thread, so it's very nice to see another example of feedback that has been heard by SCS devs. I also like how the post also shows examples of other regional languages of Spain: Catalan/Valencian, Galician, and Basque. With this the signage in Iberia will be almost perfect, the only thing left would be to correct its lower presence of mileage signs, since they a bit scarce in Spain in comparison to other countries (the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria and Italy also have this problem).

As @Double M said, I hope this will also mean that other countries will get their regional signage in the game. Germany, France, Poland, Austria, Denmark, the UK, Belgium and Austria have big enough regions to be signed in the 1:19 scale as well. And why not, river signs could eventually be added to the rest of the base map and DLCs for ETS2 to be in par with ATS's better signage standards.
Trenero

#6369 Post by Trenero » 21 Sep 2022 18:38

Great news for Iberia, things like that improve it a lot, hope they continue adding new things and reworking mistakes in this DLC
Some newbie driver

#6370 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Sep 2022 18:46

Nice to see those ones, I missed them on release. Whoever they will have on ETS2 signage, slow but steady, he or she is doing a good job tinkering things all around the map.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”