Iberia Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6351 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Apr 2022 09:17

@VirtualTruckTravels don't think so, it's not a bug, it's something they deliberately didn't add to the game for whatever reason. I would suppose the ratio relevance / time consumed was very low (and the very very low noise done about the matter all this time has proved them right about the "relevance" part).

@Trenero I don't think none of those suggestions would solve nothing. Put the red trailer plate instead of the tractor one would be as unrealistic as having the tractor one but not the trailer plate. It would be do some work to fix nothing, just exchange one lack for another. And about the option to put one plate over the other, I see three problems with it:

- First, as far as I know, plates can't be mounted in that layout, I think it's mandatory they are separated horizontally for a better reading and differentiation (don't think only on humans, those regulations are thought also for plate recognition systems).
- Second, if they are going to modify the models already, the work to do it right or just to do a botch is almost the same, better do it right and place the plates as it would happen IRL.
- Third, as I said, it's not just 3D models, the code has to be changed to consider when it has to generate extra license numbers. So, they are not going to do it unless they could have a window o schedule all of those things, not just 3D part.

I would really like to see it, that kind of details help a lot with the immersion (look how the mileage signs are changing our perception of the roads). But if I compare that plate issue with all the things they had been releasing last 2 years or the things they have in the to-do list... I really have no expectations.

Regards
dsf.fernando

#6352 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Apr 2022 03:39

Two-line plates may look common, but then i think the standard is tractor plate above the trailer plate for vertical placement and trailer plate on left for horizontal or separate placement
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
dsf.fernando

#6353 Post by dsf.fernando » 05 May 2022 10:05

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Portuguese GNR cars also changed to a new livery, but i am not sure this change will be applied to all GNR vehicles soon (i.e. i already saw older, 2000s PSP vehicles with their original livery instead of the updated 2010s one). The above pictures shows three prototypes with the new liveries
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
VirtualTruckTravels

#6355 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 14 Sep 2022 15:20

I am hoping for pyrenees every time i see news about Iberia but this is better than nothing.
Marcello Julio

#6356 Post by Marcello Julio » 14 Sep 2022 15:26

Yes, I hope this is an indication that the Pyrenees are on their way in the future.
Double M

#6357 Post by Double M » 14 Sep 2022 15:28

When I read the title of the blog I was excited, but it turns out that it is only a company and a small road. I thought they were going to add the connection between Zaragoza and France through the Canfranc tunnel. Definitely this is not being the year of ETS2 (except for the Reconstruction of Austria).
oldmanclippy

#6358 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Sep 2022 15:30

Looks good, I wonder if this is another newbie addition? I keep saying that it would be a win-win to have newbies make small additions to the world like this as part of an onboarding project. Practice for them and new stuff for us.

Definitely got my hopes up for a Pyrenees road when I read the title but a new depot in Madrid is cool too. I actually left my truck in Madrid last night, what a coincidence lol

Kind of a bit much to make a blog with 5 pics just for one depot added to a DLC but better than nothing. Hard to complain about new stuff being added to an already packed DLC.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Marcello Julio

#6359 Post by Marcello Julio » 14 Sep 2022 15:38

I believe this blog was an indication that they are continuing to work on more things to complete Iberia. And this question about the Madrid city was one of the complaints, because in fact if you actually look with the fly cam around Madrid, a lot of the city was made and not used.
Double M

#6360 Post by Double M » 14 Sep 2022 16:07

It's great that content is added to a dlc, that makes me very happy. But a year and a half to include a small area that was almost finished. I do not know what to think.
Personally, I found it to be a filler blog. Today I expected a blog about Texas or the Balkans.

Return to “General discussion about the game”