Iberia Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6291 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Jan 2022 19:00

How, is that there exist roadworks that got finished? Impossible!
causa67

#6292 Post by causa67 » 15 Jan 2022 09:26

Some news about the missing Pirineos?
parasaurolophus67

#6293 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 15 Jan 2022 13:11

No. just wait and see on what they'll do.
SenseFM

#6294 Post by SenseFM » 15 Jan 2022 20:50

The Pyrenees question has been commented pretty commonly on here or other threads, so SCS is probably aware of it. But I'm not sure if the addition of a new road connection between France and Spain is very likely at the moment, since the Iberia DLC has already recieved 2 map updates for now. It's also true that Vive la France and Italia received more additions after their respective releases, but their had their own context. The pictures about the Austria Revamp do show that mountain roads can be very scenic in ETS2 too, though. But for now, we can just wait. Nothing is guaranteed.
BRCKHMPTN

#6295 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 18 Jan 2022 16:21

In case the idea of the Pyrenees is actually a reality (hopefully it is :P), it could be helpful for the devs to take a look at these videos made by a Brazilian trucker living in Portugal on his way to the Airbus factory in Blagnac, near Toulouse. They are pretty long as he films the entirety of the stretch of road with very few skips, but it could be interesting to see what it is like for a trucker to drive through that very specific road, quite a challenge indeed. And it would probably be pretty difficult to recreate it in the game just like this, with some very narrow stretches of road, due to how the AI behaves. It would be amazing though. The first video starts in Barbastro, close to Lleida in the A-22 which is not in the DLC, then the itinerary is Huesca-Jaca and then he takes the N-330(Spain)/N134(France) towards Oloron-Sainte-Marie, arriving in Pau in the last video.
Jatruck

#6296 Post by Jatruck » 18 Jan 2022 17:01

Obviously it would be perfect to have both Zaragoza - Pau and Lleida - Andorra - Toulouse routes. It would fill the hole in map perfectly.

But with the road exits already in-game it seems that only Zaragoza - Pau is likely, maybe remotely though.
SenseFM

#6297 Post by SenseFM » 18 Jan 2022 19:56

^Yes, the only road that looks possible given the existing inaccessible exits is E7 Pau-Zaragoza, since there are modeled exits to it from both cities. Pau itself appears to have decent detail, featuring signs and Xs in the roundabout. , Orléans also exists as an unfinished city and hasn't been touched since Vive la France release, though.

BTW, I was driving through AP-7 south of Barcelona near Martorell and there is one thing that I missed: I could swear that in the past, just before the Martorell toll gate, a mountain that seemed to represent Montserrat could be seen in the west, but I couldn't see it anywhere this time. I was pretty sure it was there before, because I had included it as a natural landmark in my ETS2 road map project, so I decided to check it out in both versions. It turns out that Montserrat does seem to have disappeared after the release of version 1.43!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Here's how the spot looks in real life: https://www.google.es/maps/@41.4728867, ... 92!5m1!1e4

Well, the most probable thing is that this is just a bug. I'm not sure if I can report it though, since the lack of Montserrat doesn't disrupt the ingame landscape. The only suspicious thing is that it happens a few meters before an inacessible exit to A-2. Not far from Martorell, A-2 gives access to C-55 and C-16, which are part of E9, the other important trans-Pyrenean road alongside E7... But I'm probably daydreaming too much, since there are no exits to it from the French side. :lol: Still, it would be enough for me if E7 was the only trans-Pyrenean road that could be added. Anything to end that 400 km long Swizterland-sized gap in the map lol. But I understand that there also places in the map that also need work...
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#6298 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 18 Jan 2022 20:24

report this thing in bug section
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Some newbie driver

#6300 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Jan 2022 23:12

A bug or a sign of this area being actively reworked. Montserrat mountain range is just in the west limit of one of the major roads leading to Pyrenees that could potentially be included. Although the roads to Lérida or Zaragoza have more sense in terms of truck traffic and space in the scaled map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”