Iberia Discussion

Euro Truck Fan

Re: Iberia Discussion

#6421 Post by Euro Truck Fan » 22 Feb 2023 18:11

Also so far I really want to see Toledo, Spain. It is a city located southeast of Madrid at the Tajo river.
I like to play ETS2 and ATS!
Joan93

#6422 Post by Joan93 » 22 Feb 2023 18:46

Some newbie driver wrote: 22 Feb 2023 18:01
Joan93 wrote: 22 Feb 2023 17:26 But a complete different thing is to fix what they already have and what people has paid for:

- Tolls that don't exist anymore
- Tens of road signs that don't exist in real life
- Figures located in unreal places, etc.

It's their duty to fix that, and they know those issues because people has reported in the bugs section. But SCS simply ignores it (or at least this is what it seems).
First and foremost, even trying to depict reality, it's still a depiction, no a true image. So you are not paying for 100% fidelity because nobody never has stated what you will find on any DLC is 100% carbon copy from reality. Regarding that, there's nothing to "fix" if you consider that something isn't strictly as it's IRL.

And the world changes EVERY DAY, one toll here, one road there; that's also something nobody granted never that it will be changed in the future in the game. You purchase a product, a somewhat similar than life depiction at scale of real places meant to be played within. You can like it or dislike it; but not you, not me, nobody has any right to request changes on it because you don't like the depiction it does.

The only fixes SCS must be committed to do are technical issues; not aesthetic discrepancies.

Regards

PS: And about the Pyrenees, those who mentioned it. I'm on that boat of requesting it since first day. But unless they would had that work almost done on release but needed to shelve it (what seems it happened with the other Iberian additions we had); I would not put hopes to see them after so many time. Unfortunately.
Sorry but i'm not agree. I understand what you say, but i'm not asking for a 100% fidelity, just to fix BASIC things that don't change everyday. I repeat those examples:

- Tolls: Some of them were removed in august 2021 and i don't expect tomorrow a new toll appears in the middle of AP2 :D . I consider it an important change, and i don't think its too difficult for SCS to remove them of the map.
- Road signs: I reported some of them here: viewtopic.php?t=317824. In these case we have traffic signs in the game that don't exist in the real life, you can see some examples i put there. That means SCS "invented" their rules, amazing :lol: And same as before, road signs don't change from one day to another
- Figures: Same thing. Figures are always on the same places, people or institutions don't move them from a place to another. So if SCS decides to put a figure, at least they should put in a real place, not wherever they want. Thats an example: viewtopic.php?t=317676

These are a some examples, but of course there are more. As you say, world changes every day, but i'm just asking for a minimum rigor in certain things that will almost never change.
Shiva

#6423 Post by Shiva » 22 Feb 2023 18:53

ETS2 ATS Fan, Toledo, if using N-403 and N-401 to reach it, should be possible.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#6424 Post by oldmanclippy » 22 Feb 2023 20:27

Toledo definitely feels like something that was cut late in development, with all the signage and setup for it more so than for other cities that aren't in the game. Maybe that's just me.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#6425 Post by Shiva » 23 Feb 2023 01:22

I do hope to see that route in the future.
+ some other too.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
HRTrucking

#6426 Post by HRTrucking » 23 Feb 2023 12:13

@VirtualTruckTravels I only have one box for most countries and tolls, also Spain :) .
The Telepas Sat, 1 box that works in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Bulgaria, France, Spain and Portugal and more countries I think. Also some different tolls and parkings work with it.

https://www.telepass.com/en/truck/offers/telepass-sat

I hope we one day get this box as an interior option.

And I'm always hoping for the Somport tunnel or another route through the Pyrenees. Driven there quite a lot.

And one Europe in transport with rules and so :lol:

Edit: my Telepass is the Telepass Sat ETOLL 21ST and a bit more. Think the one in the link is the newer model.
Some newbie driver

#6427 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Feb 2023 18:17

Joan93 wrote: 22 Feb 2023 18:46Sorry but i'm not agree.
It's not a question or agree or nor agree...
Joan93 wrote: 22 Feb 2023 18:46I understand what you say, but i'm not asking for a 100% fidelity, just to fix BASIC things that don't change everyday. I repeat those examples:

- Tolls: Some of them were removed in august 2021 and i don't expect tomorrow a new toll appears in the middle of AP2 :D . I consider it an important change, and i don't think its too difficult for SCS to remove them of the map.
This one is you just contradicting yourself. You said you don't want 100% fidelity but you pretend the game will be updated to what exist in real time. The tolls were there when the DLC was released, it was OK then thus the fact later has changed doesn't matter at all. That things change IRL doesn't mean SCS must be obliged to update the game, period. They will do it if they want, not if we want. And that some people could consider it an easy modification doesn't change that fact.
Joan93 wrote: 22 Feb 2023 18:46- Road signs: I reported some of them here: viewtopic.php?t=317824. In these case we have traffic signs in the game that don't exist in the real life, you can see some examples i put there. That means SCS "invented" their rules, amazing :lol: And same as before, road signs don't change from one day to another
This example would enter in the category of mistakes that I already agreed you they should fix. So, there was no need to repeat it if you understood what I told you. In SCS discharge, I could say that the official documentation they had to investigate regarding Spanish road signaling is a SHAME. The website is very old, hard to navigate and a chaos to find anything. The document with all the signaling rules is a mess that has not been updated properly (just new signals additions) since decades ago. And the download link of that document failed a lot for long periods of time; as I suffered myself when people was talking on the pre-research topic time ago and the research staff of SCS suffered too back in time till the point they asked to people in this forum if somebody had it downloaded already or knew a secondary download site. Go figure. As IT professional, it's really shameful to see an administration funded with my taxes that has such a shame of IT resources. SCS could had done it better, but it's not that the documentation they had helped at all. Unfortunately, once done the mistake, the fixes sometimes are slow.
Joan93 wrote: 22 Feb 2023 18:46- Figures: Same thing. Figures are always on the same places, people or institutions don't move them from a place to another. So if SCS decides to put a figure, at least they should put in a real place, not wherever they want. That's an example: viewtopic.php?t=317676
And that's again the 100% fidelity dilemma. The whole map is a fake depiction, is like those "country in miniature" theme parks. Nothing grants us they place things exactly when they should. It could be a mistake in mapping, or it could be they decided to spice that road with an statue that IRL was nearby or whatever. That you consider it wrong doesn't make then had to change it. It would be nice if they do it? Agree on that. They HAD to FIX it? here's where we don't agree.

Regards

PS:
HRTrucking wrote: 23 Feb 2023 12:13And one Europe in transport with rules and so :lol:
Unfortunately, I think we will see sooner the hell to freeze than such a miracle. The last trend started by France is to force vehicles to be filled with stupid useless stickers of "blind spot", as if they had any real use. Now every country will start to force vehicles to have different stickers for any other silly reason until they resemble a sports car with all the sponsors. :roll:
oldmanclippy

#6428 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 Feb 2023 18:31

An error that is obviously wrong at the point of release -> they should fix it
A significant change IRL that fundamentally changes the road network post-release -> they should consider fixing it
A minor change IRL post-release -> only fix if they're working in that area anyways or have a newbie to give it to

For example, I'd like to see them add the Las Vegas Raiders football stadium to Las Vegas. That is a very significant addition to the cityscape IRL (I've seen it, it's crazy just this big black oval in the middle of the desert), and Las Vegas in ATS feels incomplete without it.

Tolls that have been changed? That's low priority for me. They should do their best to get it right on release, and then if things change IRL then so be it.

The UK is getting reworked so the border crossing changes will be implemented regardless, but let's pretend the UK was already reworked before Brexit. I would still want them to update the border crossings to reflect the changed status quo IRL.

West Balkans IRL is gonna get a ton of new roads in the next decade. Besides Corridor Vc which will connect Budapest with the Croatian coast, I don't expect them to update the DLC as time goes on. We will just have to live with the West Balkans DLC representing a snapshot in time because this is a part of the world that is changing and evolving very rapidly.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
SenseFM

#6429 Post by SenseFM » 25 Feb 2023 12:09

Regarding the inclusion of Toledo, it could be a possibility. There's an entire detailed section of Ciudad Real that is inaccessible but is completely signed and includes unique landmarks such as the Puerta de Toledo gate, the Cumbria Hotel and an odd looking building with a tilted upper section. It even has a signed entrance to the north.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If N-401 and N-403 were added to the game north of Ciudad Real, they would meet A-5 at exit 74, where Maqueda and its castle are. In real life, exit 74 points to Maqueda and Ávila; but in the game, exit 74 points to the in-game existing cities of Salamanca and Ciudad Real. Toledo could be a scenic city due to its closeness to Madrid. Maybe N-401 could even feature a dead end road to a company in the village of Consuegra. That place is known for the iconic Don Quixote windmills, which surprisingly weren't referenced in the DLC.

Of course there's a lot that has been already added to Iberia so its not very likely that this could come.
Shiva

#6430 Post by Shiva » 25 Feb 2023 20:35

SenseFM, this is one of the routes I wish that SCS adds in the future. + yeah, I have been checking out Ciudad Real too.

Another wishlist route is N-432. Córdoba to Badajoz.
And regarding Badajoz? I do hope that SCS finishes off N-435, between Badajoz and N-433. When N-433 was added, I saw that a bit of N-435, going north, was added too. Way more than scenery requires.
Wonder when there will be free mappers for these roads :)

Return to “General discussion about the game”