FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
serialblack

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2601 Post by serialblack » 06 Oct 2022 03:13

You are quite incorrect in your assumptions of both needed the naming certain things AND what they do. First off, your don't NEED to USE all of them, but they are required for the game to pick up that you want certain sounds "played" by doing certain things. So if you want an UNLOADED sound to be played, such as idle, or coasting, the you use the UNLOADED parameter. LOADED parameter is variable based on how much throttle input you are giving. Anything above completely off the pedal is under SOME LOAD, from 1-100% the nofuel parameter is an older parameter and rarely if ever used now that scs uses fmod, but was an added sound used ONLY during deceleration, which can now be accomplished with unloaded and faders/delays in combination with the load paramter. That being said, depending on how complex/layered you have the sound, you may want to use the nofuel in certain situations to give depth and realism to that specific area. There is a wiki that explains all the parameters (well most of them, its rarely updated) and what they are used for and when. You CAN make things work in FMOD, but it doesn't necessarily mean they will make any difference in game without using the right format and/or if it hasn't been linked within the game. (ex. you can't control the turbo directly with the load parameter ...in FMOD it will work, but not in game.)
huebr

#2602 Post by huebr » 08 Oct 2022 13:25

Hello. What method can i use to add that engine brake sound from the Scanias, the sound when the engine brake stops?
Last edited by huebr on 08 Oct 2022 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
SlavJerry

#2603 Post by SlavJerry » 09 Oct 2022 00:59

@huebr one of the simple method is
1.create new audio track
2.put your exhaust brake stop sound there
3. add trigger to brake parameter with the range of 0.00-0.50 (or adjust as you want)
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
huebr

#2604 Post by huebr » 09 Oct 2022 04:11

Thank you, it worked.
henry405

#2605 Post by henry405 » 21 Oct 2022 17:07

I Need help please

i cant figure out why cabin/interior sound didnt appear also brake ,reverse sound also didnt apper ,but engine sound is compeletly fine ,maybe someone can give me tutorial or advice

here is my sound mod link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKMl-W ... sp=sharing

and this is my fmod project link :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fcRXDD ... sp=sharing
Fluffiest

#2606 Post by Fluffiest » 21 Nov 2022 16:48

Hello!

I'm working on an engine sound for my pickup truck mod, however the edited sounds work, except for the engine. In FMOD, everything is set up correctly, there are no errors, yet still no sound.
In the engine's .sii file, it does have the line "@include *i changed this name*.sui". Does the sounds .sui have to be specifically called "sounds.sui"? I base this question on something I discovered when setting up the guids file. You cannot have capitalization in the *bankname*.bank.GUIDs file, which in my case, it was wrote out exactly as it is there. Once I fixed that, the banks loaded and the game never crashed again.
This brings me to my next issue. I have the file structure set up in a way that is, atleast to me, organized, though I am not sure if it needs to be set up specifically or if I just messed something up in FMOD Studio since the game shows no errors in the log.

I am genuinely confused as to why all of the other sounds that are in the bank work, except for the crucial engine sound. For example, blinkers and turn sticks sounds work perfectly fine and can be heard in the game.
If any further documentation, such as logs, or even screenshots, is needed, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
SlavJerry

#2607 Post by SlavJerry » 21 Nov 2022 23:26

@Fluffiest you can name it however you want as long as it is .sui file and where does it route the bank to, anyway can you send me the mod so I can check it?
I make mods

Fluffiest

#2608 Post by Fluffiest » 23 Nov 2022 02:38

SlavJerry wrote: 21 Nov 2022 23:26 @Fluffiest you can name it however you want as long as it is .sui file and where does it route the bank to, anyway can you send me the mod so I can check it?
I've switched my idea and went with a totally different engine setup for the truck, which uses a certain International 9900i sound, temporarily until I can figure out if 7,000rpm is the cause of the issue. That being said, has the FMOD system been changed at all with 1.46 update? I noticed a few sound mods no longer work anymore.
Fluffiest

#2609 Post by Fluffiest » 23 Nov 2022 02:42

However, since changing my idea, I could send you a slightly unfinished version with the V8 engine audio. It is named according to the brand of vehicle it is in totally.

Also, If you've got some spare time, I could send over the FMOD Studio project I have as well, which ironically includes interior audio which has no issues at all.
SlavJerry

#2610 Post by SlavJerry » 23 Nov 2022 10:50

Fluffiest wrote: 23 Nov 2022 02:38 has the FMOD system been changed at all with 1.46 update? I noticed a few sound mods no longer work anymore.
there is no any change on fmod in 1.46 though, probably just compatible version issue
I make mods

Return to “Modding Guides”