North American Agriculture Discussion

SmokeyWolf

Re: North American Agriculture Discussion

#51 Post by SmokeyWolf » 22 Mar 2020 23:27

@flight50 we have a flatbed load of palletized fertilizer already. Can be hauled in dry vans too. Home Store and Wallbert would be a good for that. Bulk fertilizer hauled in hoppers and end dumps should go to Farmers Barn.
flight50

#52 Post by flight50 » 23 Mar 2020 00:35

I like variety in cargo though. One load of fertilizer doesn’t cut it for me, lol. There are many manufacturers out there and each has different color packages. Each truck load should vary as far as how many pallets each load has. I am speaking of open deck cargo of coarse. 2-3 loads of fertilizer gives us more variety than just one. If I knew how to mod, I could make at least 5 different loads out of just one. Each load can be one of the big three....NPK. Going thru the trailer browser in the game when I use to use cargo mods, pretty much each company could have a different cargo.

Farmers Barn is a retail supply store though. Shouldn’t that be bagged goods as well and bulk go to actual farms to their dry storage for crops.
SmokeyWolf

#53 Post by SmokeyWolf » 23 Mar 2020 02:06

The one in Logan looks like a co-op to me so they would receive it by hopper bottoms or end dumps as well as bagged for retail.

@flight50 I understand variety and I agree 100%.
flight50

#54 Post by flight50 » 24 Mar 2020 17:52

Thank you SCS for the new items seen from today's blog post. I already spotted a couple of items in the blog from page 1. The irrigation pump and the destoner. I hope both are cargo loads as well as all other props on the farms.
Skoot

#55 Post by Skoot » 24 Mar 2020 18:35

And I thought my country is famous for potatoes. :lol:

Maybe we'll get loading points at the field, which will come in handy in Midwest with its endless fields. And grain hopper finally gets more cargos, which is nice. The irrigation pump is on a flatbed that is attached to the only truck in frame, so it's probably one of new loads as well.
flight50

#56 Post by flight50 » 24 Mar 2020 19:18

Loading points on field works for me. If there are like 1-2 crops (different sizes of coarse) for all crops that require harvesting in the same manner, this would be a new mechanic that could come to SCS games to spice things up. I recall a few years back, each team comes up with concepts they'd like to implement, tries it out and if successful, the other game implements it too. Glad both ATS/ETS2 are under the same umbrella. ETS2 is much more established and things are in place for the most part so overhauling the economy is what would happen there. ATS being much younger and still very incomplete is taking things in stride so new ideas will always pop up. The ATS research team is on the case though. @Kraake, and his research team does a good job getting info for SCS. I am glad they allowed the community to pitch in with the Public Research threads per state. Not having convinent access here and not being based in NA only puts a small challenge to things though. ATS research is not just an North American thing though. Anyone can contribute to research for both ATS and ETS2. Awareness for the devs is what its all about though.
Zippy405

#57 Post by Zippy405 » 25 Mar 2020 02:44

@Skoot Yes, that prefab.
@flight50 Voltison is GNT in ETS2

From todays blog, anyone notice what appeared to be loading zones in the field and unloading onto the conveyor belt? Looks like they have added a load percentage too maybe as they are not fully and are being loaded and unloaded. Maybe load percentage will be with other trailers too? Pretty cool to see that, lets just hope they we don't have to wait the whole time unloading DDG :lol:
SmokeyWolf

#58 Post by SmokeyWolf » 25 Mar 2020 03:05

@Zippy405 DDG in a end dump is a lot faster than a hopper bottom. Pulled DDG in both.
Zippy405

#59 Post by Zippy405 » 25 Mar 2020 03:09

@Larry71490 I only did in hopper and that stuff sucked in Nebraska winters lol. Took 6hrs once, probably would've helped if the vibrators worked worth a crap though lol
SmokeyWolf

#60 Post by SmokeyWolf » 25 Mar 2020 03:12

@Zippy405 I know exactly what you mean. It really sucks when they load the DDG hot then it cools off in transit. Like I said DDG is best hauled in a end dump for that very reason.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”