General AI Discussion

causa67

Re: General AI Discussion

#191 Post by causa67 » 29 Sep 2021 09:48

Work quite good by me(no additional AI, only defaults)and always checking the game log to edit and clean errors. Yesterday for example was No Teslas allowed for Oregon.
One give me some problems because I dont know wich code line utilised: Mercury Colony Park. There a lot of these and I like to edit and reduced drastically the number.
Laqueesha

#192 Post by Laqueesha » 13 Nov 2021 15:48

The biggest AI gripes for me are the traffic constantly halted at the end of acceleration lanes, and AI abruptly changing lanes, as if they're not even looking in their side mirrors before they do. The slamming brakes is somewhat realistic; lot of drivers IRL hit the brakes when it's not necessary.
Trucker Nik

#193 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Nov 2021 10:54

Today, when I crashed into a truck because of the fact that the traffic lights were orange, I realized that Al traffic was really in bad shape. I'll tell your are what happened to me today, the traffic light went orange so I added to make it pass and the truck behind the traffic light turned right when the traffic light went orange and I crashed into it because I didn't expect it to stop, and as I did stated I wanted to make it through the traffic light before the red light came on until I managed to react that I stopped, I didn't have time to brake, another incident that happened to me was on the road scales in front of a going 15mph truck entering the I-70 at this speed and the cars on the highway stopped at 0mph to release this truck, even if nothing serious has happened, this situation is completely unrealistic, I hope scs will do a general overhaul of Al as soon as possible, I have been a player of ATS and ETS2 for a long time but this situation that I experienced today has not happened to me yet
Tristman

#194 Post by Tristman » 28 Nov 2021 11:24

I’ve seen both these things happen a lot.

Traffic turning right even slams the brakes if they are already on the intersection when the light goes from green to yellow, which makes no sense as they generally wouldn’t be able to see the light at that point and shouldn’t care because they easily finish the turn before the light goes red.
Trucker Nik

#195 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Nov 2021 11:59

Yes, I say that it is very unrealistic, as well as at the T-shaped intersections of the traffic lights, Al traffic when it comes from the west of these intersections and turns to the right and at the traffic lights it is red, it stops to give priority even if it has no one to give
Sara

#196 Post by Sara » 28 Nov 2021 13:14

Oh, I got several problems with the current AI Traffic behaviour. But the biggest one I have issues with is usually around Exit Ramps, where lets say, you could be doing 70 on an interstate, and an AI decides to slow down in front of you to take exit off the interstate.
Trucker Nik

#197 Post by Trucker Nik » 28 Nov 2021 13:20

Yes you are right, it bothers me even if the car is parked by the police on the sidewalk on the highway and Al starts to brake and you are behind the car that is braking
Trucker Nik

#198 Post by Trucker Nik » 25 Dec 2021 18:28

When we get more real Al traffic, I hope that together with real Al traffic we also get denser traffic around big cities, such as Las Vegas, when you get close to the city, congestion can start to form, I watched one video where Al traffic is smooth but later thicker until eventually a constipation is created that does not move, the video takes place around Dallas https://youtube.com/watch?v=QKaQOzckHks&feature=share
cristianrpbeijo

#199 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 05 Jan 2022 07:02

In ATS the trucks are longer then ETS2, because of this the trailers of AI traffic used to be short then ETS2? If you pay attention, most of the AI trailers inside the city are short, and in highways, they are longer,(doubles,triples). Maybe because of a limitation of AI in drive in tight places, and those corners inside the cities?
Trucker Nik

#200 Post by Trucker Nik » 11 Feb 2022 06:19

I know it's still very, very far, but I'd like to see in the Christmas stream (2022) a video with improved Al traffic, and confirmation that it will come in 2023

Return to “General discussion about the game”