Quite Frustrated with Eventual Cost of All DLC

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Mangotrain

Quite Frustrated with Eventual Cost of All DLC

#1 Post by Mangotrain » 22 Mar 2020 21:05

In both Euro Truck 2 and American Truck I believe that the cost of all the DLC to add the additional regions is quite high. For instance in American Truck once all of the states are completed and added into the game the cost to buy all of the additional states is going to be in the realm of $600 after tax. I feel this is quite atrocious as I would love to be able to drive my truck across the whole country once the map is complete, but the funds to buy all that is a ridiculous amount.

Some newbie driver

Re: Quite Frustrated with Eventual Cost of All DLC

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Mar 2020 23:25

1- You are talking about the cost of (hypothetically) near 10 years of work; even those $600 would be a bargain for such acquisition
2- Anybody could put the price they want to the products they sell (first necessity ones that could be regulated apart)
3- Up to now, SCS has already done lots of time sales and bundle packs that allow people to obtain DLC at lower prices than normal one
4- Last but not least, the first rule that should follow any consumer: Don't you like the price it has? Then, don't purchase it.

Regards

FrancescoMasci

#3 Post by FrancescoMasci » 23 Mar 2020 14:55

Always wonder what those people would say if their clients says "why can't you work for free?".

FAres

#4 Post by FAres » 23 Mar 2020 15:54

I'm quite frustrated how some people think, Companies tries to choe price not based on greed as you you might believe,but they do researches ,compare the price of their product with similar products on the market and also try to make the price as low as possible at the same time as profitable as possible.

But if you still find the price high , don't buy the product ! me personally I would love to buy the Iphone 11 pro max for exmple ,but I find the price unjustifiable for me ,so I won't spend my money on it ,but I won't go to apple annd complain about their pricing.

Andrei_JZX100

#5 Post by Andrei_JZX100 » 23 Mar 2020 15:56

You just have to wait for the Steam sales, all the DLC's will be much cheaper :)
FAres wrote:
23 Mar 2020 15:54

me personally I would love to buy the Iphone 11 pro max for exmple ,but I find the price unjustifiable for me ,so I won't spend my money on it ,but I won't go to apple annd complain about their pricing.

Apple sucks when it comes to what it offers at what price. It is so expensive because of the bandwagon and because of the snobs that are willing to pay extra just for the brand name.

Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Mar 2020 16:01

FrancescoMasci wrote:
23 Mar 2020 14:55
Always wonder what those people would say if their clients says "why can't you work for free?".
I sometimes think the same at first glance... then I think it better and my conclusion is that people has never worked at all, that's why they think it's normal to do such requests.

Blackspots

#7 Post by Blackspots » 23 Mar 2020 18:27

Nobody complains about Dovetail and their train simulator. All the DLC's combined are like $9000

I think it's even more expensive with X-Plane.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Madkine

#8 Post by Madkine » 23 Mar 2020 21:29

Anytime DLC cost comes up, the first comparison is to how bad Dovetail is. (I don't think the criticism of Dovetail is fair but that's not the point here.)

Winchester1979

#9 Post by Winchester1979 » 24 Mar 2020 09:55

SCS releases three map DLC per year across both games (two ATS and one ETS2 DLC at the moment), and each one costs less than I pay each month for Final Fantasy XIV. Considering how many more hours I have in ETS2 alone than I have in FFXIV, and that I'm up to nearly the same number in ATS, I think it's a pretty fair price. Plus, you know, the sales, where you can get the older map DLC for 3 euro each...

rookie_one

#10 Post by rookie_one » 24 Mar 2020 10:32

Madkine wrote:
23 Mar 2020 21:29
Anytime DLC cost comes up, the first comparison is to how bad Dovetail is. (I don't think the criticism of Dovetail is fair but that's not the point here.)
Depend on the game

For TSW : not fair
For TS and FSX : fully fair since most of the "DLC" for these games is actually third party pack that Dovetail sell as DLC through steam

Return to “SCS Site”