Trying to get rid of truck, that crash my game... not that easy

antaiir

Trying to get rid of truck, that crash my game... not that easy

#1 Post by antaiir » 24 Mar 2020 08:05

Hi all,

i'm using the RJL Scania mod. Because i'm driving my Volvo most of the time, i gave that Scania to an A.I. driver.

Since an ETS2 update my game keeps crashing to desktop without any error message as i select the Scania or the driver in the corresponding manager list. As long as i do not touch it, the game is running fine and the driver raises income with the truck. But i can't drive it by myself anymore, because i can't select it without crashing. I even cannot sell the truck or fire the driver to solve this, because this means i have to select it... what causes the CTD.

In the vehicle browser and in the truck dealer menu i can select and costumize this truck without problems. It seems it's just this one specific Scania in my fleet, what makes trouble, so i wanna get rid of it.

I tried to disable the mod in the mod manager, but then my game crashes on loading the profile. Just installing an updated version of the mod, by overwriting the old one, doesn't change anything.

How can i solve this? I attached the crash log.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
game.crash.txt
(57.45 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Last edited by antaiir on 25 Mar 2020 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
The Old Fart

Re: Trying to get rid of mod, that crash my game... not that easy

#2 Post by The Old Fart » 24 Mar 2020 13:17

@antaiir, I think I have an idea of what might be going on.

- First, if you're looking for assistance, attach your game.log.txt file - not the game.crash.txt file (only SCS can read that file).

- About your crash: I think the truck which you cannot access has an accessory / skin / engine or sound attached to it which came from a mod that you have removed / disabled. You try to access the truck, the game ties to load it and any associated 'accessories' and when it detects that one is missing it results in a crash. You may also have a mod conflict, but I think it is more likely a mod with an accessory on the truck was disabled.

I think you have two options: you could try activating mods which might contain the missing accessory and see if that fixes it. Or, you could disable the RJL Scania truck mod. This will give you a game crash - but your truck should be replaced by a generic Scania R which you could then sell if you wish.

Be really careful about disabling any mods which add sounds / engines or transmissions / accessories and skins (truck or trailers). If you remove them and you own trucks with those accessories you will get game crashes. I generally only use one truck mod for my AI drivers, and they only get accessories which are from that truck mod. This makes it easy to ensure that this sort of crash is avoided. If you want to drive multiple truck mods, it might be easier to buy a garage just for you and your trucks and trailers.

Good luck.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
antaiir

Re: Trying to get rid of mod, that crash my game... not that easy

#3 Post by antaiir » 24 Mar 2020 20:29

Thanks for your answer @The Old Fart , i attached the game log.

But i'm afraid, i was mistaken regarding the RJL Scania. I tried to buy another one, just to see what happens when i select this in the list... and tell you what? The RJL Scania is not the one i'm having trouble with. It's the stock "Scania R 2009", that i had bought some time ago and handed over to an a.i. driver. I'm very sorry for confusing those trucks.

I'm about to run a steam file check, then i'll backup the game folder and try to start without any mod. Maybe that will "release" the stuck Scania in any way...

I'll report back if i have any news, in case another player encounter a similiar problem.
Attachments
game.log.txt
(213.05 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
The Old Fart

Re: Trying to get rid of truck, that crash my game... not that easy

#4 Post by The Old Fart » 25 Mar 2020 13:03

@antaiir, I don't know how I forgot this.... but you should really try the following console command: g_remove_missing_accessories (0 / 1)

Here is how: In your problem your game profile put " "g_remove_missing_accessories 1" in the console. Now load your most recent game save. Then in the console type the following:
" g_remove_missing_accessories 0 ".

If your issues are with a missing skin, accessory, etc, this should clear it and allow you to access the truck. If this does not work then you're stuck doing what I discussed above.
buttonbasher86

#5 Post by buttonbasher86 » 01 Aug 2020 10:25

antaiir - did you ever resolve this as I'm having the exact same problem?
antaiir

#6 Post by antaiir » 06 Sep 2020 16:42

No, unfortunately not. The stuck truck is still in my game, and when i select it, the game will crash immediately.
Denzo

#7 Post by Denzo » 30 Sep 2020 22:55

having the same issue with eugene scania S 2016 with A.I. driver, I forgot to sell the truck before game update to 1.37. i can buy a new truck. But if i try to sell old truck or AI driver game crashes
The Old Fart

#8 Post by The Old Fart » 01 Oct 2020 18:10

Gang, If you put back the 'exact' same truck mod you used to buy the truck that is a problem you should be able to sell the truck.

*** Another often forgotten issue is 'accessories' on that truck. If you bought accessories from another mod, or a truck skin/paint job, and disabled those mods then you would have the same issue. To successfully sell such a truck you also need to put the accessory / skin mods back too.
Madkine
Global moderator

#9 Post by Madkine » 02 Oct 2020 07:05

@The Old Fart That only works if the mod still works in the current game version, which for Denzo it appears to not be the case.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
devboilol

#10 Post by devboilol » 24 Nov 2021 14:27

I'm having the same issue. The problem now is the vehicle I want to remove is not compatible with the current gamer version (1.42 while the vehicle is exclusive to 1.41). Any chances for me to remove it?
I'm Vietnamese but i'm not annoying like some kiddoes.
My PC
HP Pavilion 15 2018
Ram 12gb
GPU 2gb MX130
Core i5 8265U 1,6ghz
SSD Western Digital 240gb, Seagate 1TB drive
Yeah...want a new upgrade but maybe later, no need to do it now or at the moment.

Return to “Technical Problems”