[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Trenero

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#271 Post by Trenero » 31 Jul 2022 19:01

Trenero wrote: 05 Jul 2022 20:21 Hello, @Carsmaniac is there any way to code a metalic base colour for the trucks, and add the stripes with the dds files on top of the base colour?

Thanks for your time.
Answering myself, I do a bit of research on the forum and is possible to make a metallic paintjob with a custom set of "Stickers" on it making the .dds file transparent and adding a few lines to the .SUI

Code: Select all

base_color :   (0."redscsvalue", 0."greenscsvalue", 0."bluescsvalue")
	base_color_locked: true
	flipflake : true  
  	flip_color : (0."redscsvalue", 0."greenscsvalue", 0."bluescsvalue")
  	flake_color:  (0."redscsvalue", 0."greenscsvalue", 0."bluescsvalue")
	flip_strength: 0.93
	flake_uvscale: 20
	flake_density: 0.6
	flake_shininess: 30
	flake_clearcoat_rolloff: 5

(Note:The flake parameters i think are the ones used by SCS on the standard custom metallic, and the colours are not directly a RGB value is the SCS colour system, i think first digit is the UV usually 0(I was wrong it was 0-255 or more 255), and after the point the next four digits are the SCS colour code, and as @Carsmaniac said before in the forum you can obtain it with a formula (RGBcode/255)^2 individualy for each channel)

And if you want to be able to choose the colours in game with the picker you should also add this ones.

Code: Select all

base_color_locked: false
  	flip_color_locked: false
  	flake_color_locked: false
Now the only thing left to figure is how to flake the accesories like mirrors, fenders...
Last edited by Trenero on 31 Jul 2022 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#272 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 31 Jul 2022 19:07

no, the 1 means full color (0 > 0 and 1 > 255), everything above will make it just brighter, the UV mapping can only be changed with alternate_uvset if the mod has an alternativ UV

if you have a metallic skin every part will automatically be coated with flake, but you have to set the scale for it manually in the accessory file like SCS is doing it because the templates for the parts are smaller then the main template (New Scania, DAF XF/XG/+ as example)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trucker_71

#273 Post by Trucker_71 » 31 Jul 2022 19:56

@Trenero Using Mod Studio 2 is much simpler.
Trenero

#274 Post by Trenero » 31 Jul 2022 22:12

@xXCARL1992Xx i've made the metallic skin by just adding that lines to the truck .SUI in my already done skin and changing my .dss files to one were i eliminate the base colour making it transparent, so i set the base colour on the .SUI, but the accessory didn't automatically coated, i've tryed add the lines to the accesories.SII but that change the .dds file.

How I can adjust the scale manually. for the Flake manually?

@Trucker_71 i know but i've already have the skin done so I was thinking editing it i was easier, and also mod studio give me more problems in PC.

Many thanks to both for your answers
LucasVanDerSpin

#275 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 05 Aug 2022 11:29

Maybe update Paint Job Packer?
1.45 trailers and WS 57X
I am asking for respect and understanding for everyone :roll:
anDIplayMAc

#276 Post by anDIplayMAc » 12 Aug 2022 17:52

Hi Carsmaniac
Unfortunately it does not work on macOS 12.5 (M1)
Error message:
Can't open "Paint Job Packer" because Apple can't scan for malware in it.

can you fix it
please
thank you
CountVlad

#277 Post by CountVlad » 15 Aug 2022 19:08

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for making a modding tool that work on Linux out of the box. It's quite a rare thing and very much appreciated! :)
azgoodaz

#278 Post by azgoodaz » 19 Aug 2022 20:38

For ATS, can we get Fuel Tankers as a selectable trailer? Seems like they aren't listed in the Trailers tab only the Food Tankers are supported.

You can probably use this source code: viewtopic.php?t=280078
Leving PT

#279 Post by Leving PT » 07 Sep 2022 12:08

Hello, your project remains active, it will always update to 1.45, if you need help just let me know! I participated in the PT-PT translation, a big hug, continuation of the excellent work! Thx ;)
anDIplayMAc

#280 Post by anDIplayMAc » 11 Sep 2022 11:51

unfortunately does not work under Mac M1
it crashes when you click "generate and save".

Return to “Skins”