[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Zeusthe_kingg

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#291 Post by Zeusthe_kingg » 09 Oct 2022 17:14

Carsmaniac wrote: 08 Oct 2022 22:49 Hey everyone, it seems that ShareMods injected malware into the downloads, I didn't even know that was a thing they could do. PyInstaller files show up as false positives sometimes, but afaik this is not that, the files do actually contain malware. All of the ShareMods links have been removed from the download page and replaced with Mediafire links. I am really sorry that this happened, it's completely unacceptable, and I will no longer be using ShareMods to host any of my projects going forward.

Regarding updates, uni work has been taking up a lot of my free time (and all of my mental free time, if that makes sense), and I only recently got the opportunity to work on PJP some more with the mid-semester break. I have all of the 1.45 and 1.46 vehicles added and working with templates, I'll be adding support for a few more truck & trailer mods then releasing an update including the whole lot.

Paint Job Packer has always been kinda janky as it's built in Python, which is not ideal for distributing programs, especially with all the issues PyInstaller brings. I am currently working on a full rewrite that will make it much better in that respect, and easier to work on. It will be a lot of work, and take some time, but it will also allow me to add some features I've wanted for a long time like an auto-updater, and an easier way to add support for more vehicles yourself. Stay tuned for version 1.9.3 soon (TM) and version 2.0 some time in the future :)
What proof do you have?
Trucker_71

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#292 Post by Trucker_71 » 09 Oct 2022 18:06

I think you have to be careful downloading a file from Sharemods if it's from some of the hacker sites more than from an individual.
I have an account with them which I used a few times to post some skin files such. My account seemed clean & above board.
In the end it's best to stick with the SCS forums, workshop and from what I've seen Truckymods seems pretty reliable. ;)
Wolfseye

#293 Post by Wolfseye » 10 Oct 2022 08:15

Downloading something for the last years was always much more risk than before, you could literally expect something to happen anywhere. On purpose or not. I got used to always checking files (before unpacking) with platforms like Virustotal for example, because they are pretty good with detection. Of course i also check on 3 computers here, Laptops and PC, if the local AV Software detects something. But that still doesnt mean anything. The phrase "false positives" is what many people underrate, it happens so often. You cant let yourself get scared or decide something just because of one supposed message that your AV found something. How often ist that wrong, often enough. So claining that one site would do inject files on purpose, just because you had that once or twice with one AV software, doesnt mean anything and isnt fair at all towards the site owner. Am i saying that there arent plenty of people doing that, no, of course there are plenty. But generalization is the first step to false accusation, without real proof. Even on Virustotal, if one of the over 60 AV Sandboxes they scan with., finds a "possible" malicious file, that still leaves far too many others out with no such warning, to be sure its just malicious.

Even sites like Truckymods, and I do like that site, i am sure they dont check every uploaded file there if it can hold against many AV checks, at leat I doubt it. If so, i am sorry for assuming. But see, assumption without real proof is a bad start.

Its always smart to check files, no matter if you download them from Sharemods, or other sites. Sure, above a certain filesize, even Virustotal cant handle large files anymore. But considering the amount of power they offer for people to check for malicious files is already really great. Cant have it all. But first try to be sure, before saying that one site is "injecting" files with malicious software. Not cool. ;)

And simply stating that, if something happens on a download you get from Sharemods, lets assume it would be a real find and not just a possible false positive, other sites are better because one "prefers" those more, is still no proof that they are any better or any worse. Always use Ad-Block when going to download sites these days, thats just already a good start. And always check, if possible, the files you download with sites like Virustotal first. If after that there are no shown malicious informations, you are mostly ok. THere is never a 100% guarantee, not on Sharemods, not on Mediafire, MEGA or even Truckymods. If you want to be 100% safe, stay off the internet. ;) Thats unfortunately how it is.
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
LucasVanDerSpin

#294 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 11 Oct 2022 05:51

@Carsmaniac
Thanks a lot for your message.
May they add MAN 2020 and an update to Schwarzmüller (tipper, ADR cistern) in 1.47.

DLC FELDBINDER 🛢
DLC WIELTON 🐫

And there are speculations about a new truck coming this year (MAN plus something else).
Great job, thank you very much.
Last edited by LucasVanDerSpin on 15 Nov 2022 22:28, edited 2 times in total.
I am asking for respect and understanding for everyone :roll:
Markdenson

#295 Post by Markdenson » 15 Oct 2022 17:30

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but are there any plans to add the SCS dry bulk trailer in ATS as an option? I noticed Mods Studio 2 also doesn't have it added.
Last edited by Markdenson on 15 Oct 2022 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
LucasVanDerSpin

#296 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 23 Oct 2022 19:24

@Markdenson
Everything comes with 1.9.3 version.
jpbomm

#297 Post by jpbomm » 26 Oct 2022 14:03

are doing the same for tandems?
Skerpiej

#298 Post by Skerpiej » 31 Oct 2022 06:51

hey I'm loving this program.
I would like to add a suggestion.
Could you please add Jasper's Daf onto the truck mod place?

ohh and maybe support metallic options? I know it would be possible through mod studio. But I prefer this program way more it's more modernised or something.

Annyways thanks in advance and if it's not possible there is no harm done ;)
Priboy

#299 Post by Priboy » 26 Nov 2022 10:51

Hello, as far as I understand, is update 1.9.3 ready? I would like to try it
LucasVanDerSpin

#300 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 01 Dec 2022 08:02

@Carsmaniac
We hope to update v1.9.3 this month.
Feldbinder DLC is here and MAN 2021 is coming soon.

Return to “Skins”