[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Silent Eagle

Re: [ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#341 Post by Silent Eagle » 25 May 2023 05:18

If I remember correctly, the profiliner HD's front wall can be skinned. Don't know about the Boxliner tho
Owner of Fictional Company RIL Logistics©.
Part-time Virtual trucker.
Full-time Programmer.
LucasVanDerSpin

Re: [ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#342 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 25 May 2023 12:19

Hallo, @Carsmaniac

Frame, front board, side covers, rear bumper can be given a different color with Krone logo.
Please add: Krone Box Liner and Krone Profi Liner HD.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Krone HD 2.png
Krone HD.png
Krone Box.png
I am asking for respect and understanding for everyone :roll:
Carsmaniac

#343 Post by Carsmaniac » 26 May 2023 03:33

I've just released v1.10.2 with support for the new 2018 Volvo VNL (just called "Volvo VNL"), as well as the Krone Box Liner and Krone Profi Liner HD (the flatbed). This update would have been out an hour or two earlier, but my Linux VM decided to explode, so I had to rebuild it :) Enjoy!
LucasVanDerSpin

#345 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 26 May 2023 15:46

Hi @Carsmaniac

Thank you very much for Box and HD Liner.
This is what i mean bro!

Pleas take whith next update the Schwarzmuller Low Bed Trailer (ETS2, one file for color change, need for Combo Skin).
I know it is only one file, but its really difficult to mach that in the game.

Thanx in advance.
Lucas
Attachments
ets2_20230528_232940_00.png
ets2_20230526_214857_00.png
ets2_20230526_214944_00.png
Skerpiej

#346 Post by Skerpiej » 01 Jun 2023 10:02

I don't understand. I have used this application so many many many times. but for some reason nowadays when I move my mod file in the mod folder. and boot the game. I select the mod in the mod manager. but for some reason the skin doesn't want to appear in the game. I just generated files with templates haven't done any editing yet. anyone able to help me out here?
Tuxinator

#347 Post by Tuxinator » 02 Jun 2023 00:47

You need to take the Content of the Project Folder and make a .zip File out of it.

Take this Files
Files.PNG
mark them and Pack them together in a .zip File like shown below
Files-1.PNG
place the .zip File in the Mod Folder and there you go ;)
Currently :
1961,1 hours in ATS
2065,9 hours in ETS2
LucasVanDerSpin

#348 Post by LucasVanDerSpin » 21 Jun 2023 21:06

Dear @Carsmaniac

Plaese update.
Add:
- WS 49X big hood file.
- Peterbilt 359 Outlaw (viewtopic.php?t=308927)
- Freightliner FLA (autors: MR, randy-man)

Thank you in advance
KARSHERU

#349 Post by KARSHERU » 01 Jul 2023 16:55

Hi, is it possible to add new dds files to the mod generated by PJP?
For example, FH tuning pack has three rear bumpers, I want to make separate paint for each of them, how can I do that?
Carsmaniac

#350 Post by Carsmaniac » 02 Jul 2023 11:11

@KARSHERU You'll need to make a new DDS, a new TOBJ, and update the SII files accordingly. I wrote out the following guide for someone else and recorded a video version of it, it uses the mirrors on the Scania R as an example, but the same process should work for any other part, including the FH bumpers. Hopefully it helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

-

E.g. if you wanted to separate the Main Mirrors out of the "Mirrors" accessory group, you'd make a new DDS called "Main Mirrors.dds", copy-paste one of the TOBJs, and rename it "Main Mirrors.tobj". Then edit the TOBJ to point to the new DDS file, open it with a hex editor (like HxD on Windows) and edit the path inside. One of the bytes inside it stores the length of the file path (in hexadecimal), so you'll need to update that as well. See 16:19 in the PJP tutorial video for more info. Edit the TOBJ, changing the file path to point towards "Main Mirrors.dds", and change that extra little byte towards the start as well, as the file path length probably would have changed.

To edit the SII files, go to def/vehicle/truck/(truck name)/paint_job/accessory, and open one of the SII files. Scroll down to the bottom, copy one of the "simple_paint_job_data" lines and paste it at the bottom to make a new group, increasing the ovr number so it's one higher than the previous one. Make sure it's between the two } curly brackets at the end. Then put down a new pair of curly brackets, and move "mirror.painted" and "mirror.painted_f" lines out of the Mirrors accessory group, and down into the new group that you just created. Then copy-paste a "paint_job_mask" line into the start of the new group, and point it to Main Mirrors.dds.

If there are multiple SII files in the accessory folder, you'll need to repeat for each one.

The process is fiddly and annoying, but there's kinda no better way to do it. Adding a feature to Paint Job Packer that lets you assign parts to different accessory groups would be a lot of work, but it's definitely an idea I'll keep in my back pocket, maybe for after the big 2.0 rewrite.

Return to “Skins”